Priiloader - 0.10.0 RC3 Release - Now with WiiU compatability

jpolo1224

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i been looking into the structs for vwii thanks for info i got a tester so ill make a version just for vwii installs that checks for new priiloader and region/version before install and keep the 1 button install of original theme if user chooses.
Just curious, has any solution been found scooby :P I will wait as long as needed 🥹

Reactions: scooby74029

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
still reading into it and a new problem i ean into is it doesnt compile right anymore after latest devkit update, console has pink and green when it shouldnt and it seems like the framebuffer is off also, so thats 2 more things to read about and try to fix sorry i am not a dev i just play one on here now n then lol

ill get with you though so we can update the gui version installer thanks

Reactions: bobmcjr

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has any one tried the setting stop disc on startup its in settings not system menu hacks is it suppost to stop your disc from spinning when you power on the wii and does it work for anyone else because it does not work for me maybe its broken?

Reactions: ted209

jpolo1224

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still reading into it and a new problem i ean into is it doesnt compile right anymore after latest devkit update, console has pink and green when it shouldnt and it seems like the framebuffer is off also, so thats 2 more things to read about and try to fix sorry i am not a dev i just play one on here now n then lol

Don’t worry scooby I’ve decided to just buy a wiimote for 15$ on eBay and will be using the non motion plus one when it comes for vWii themes. I’m sorry for the trouble and wish you the best!

DacoTaco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

euh, what? new devkitppc/libogc update broke things?

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah after compiling after updating devkit i get pink n green screen on lower half of console and framebuffer looks wonky to me
The same issue occurs if you try to compile YAWM ModMii Edition.

I haven't had the time to try it myself, but you could compile libogc with DacoTacos commits reverted and then compile your app with that lib. Maybe that'd fix it?

DacoTaco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The same issue occurs if you try to compile YAWM ModMii Edition.

I haven't had the time to try it myself, but you could compile libogc with DacoTacos commits reverted and then compile your app with that lib. Maybe that'd fix it?
if that fixes it, i would like to have a minimal example code that triggers the bug. i *assume* it is the console fixes, but i need an example to work with and see if it is an app failure or libogc failure. keep in mind libogc now *correctly* applies the console offsets

Reactions: SylverReZ

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is wonderful, thank you so much. Finally getting around to updating the little things on my Wii U today that I still hadn't got around to. And removing the dumb health and safety screen from the vWii is a godsend. Also auto enabling Wiiconect24 is fantastic too, not to mention removing the deflicker from everything in the vWii. Seriously though, why even include the health and safety screen for the vWii? The way I have it now feels like how it always should have been. Cheers!

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a question, does enabling priiloader hacks affect the Wii Virtual Console? or just the regular vWii? I'm interested in the deflicker one, but not sure if Wii VC will be affected. Thanks!

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys I don't quite get it but I installed priiloader on my Wii (4.3E already modded), disabled disc updates and wifi updates, SAVED the changes and it STILL prompts me to update my Wii every time I try to run a disc. I'm honestly lost. Any advice?

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have a question, does enabling priiloader hacks affect the Wii Virtual Console? or just the regular vWii? I'm interested in the deflicker one, but not sure if Wii VC will be affected. Thanks!
I bet it's affect only vWii, but i don't know much about it ;)

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys I don't quite get it but I installed priiloader on my Wii (4.3E already modded), disabled disc updates and wifi updates, SAVED the changes and it STILL prompts me to update my Wii every time I try to run a disc. I'm honestly lost. Any advice?
Good morning,

is that you did not block disk updates with Priiloader and perhaps it is not installed?

block disk updates with Priiloader
see tutorial here (see Priiloader configuration)==>
https://wii.guide/priiloader.html

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This is wonderful, thank you so much. Finally getting around to updating the little things on my Wii U today that I still hadn't got around to. And removing the dumb health and safety screen from the vWii is a godsend. Also auto enabling Wiiconect24 is fantastic too, not to mention removing the deflicker from everything in the vWii. Seriously though, why even include the health and safety screen for the vWii? The way I have it now feels like how it always should have been. Cheers!
I have a question regarding vWii: If I install priiloader to keep the deflicker filter disabled, will it also affect Wii VC games that are launched in the Wii U menu (like Xenoblade with gamepad support)?

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good morning,

is that you did not block disk updates with Priiloader and perhaps it is not installed?

block disk updates with Priiloader
see tutorial here (see Priiloader configuration)==>
https://wii.guide/priiloader.html
I tried to make the changes again and this time they sticked. The first time the Wii got kinda stuck for several seconds so perhaps it was some problem with my USB HDD (I don't use SDs). Ty

Reactions: jeannotte

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has any one tried the setting stop disc on startup its in settings not system menu hacks is it suppost to stop your disc from spinning when you power on the wii and does it work for anyone else because it does not work for me maybe its broken?
It's more for when the Wii is in connected standby, the original Preloader and many versions after that did not properly stop the drive when switching to yellow led mode unless that option was enabled, I don't remember if the problem was properly fixed in some much later version of Priiloader (like 0.6)

what is needed for installation? need IOS80 patched?
No, just to run the installer with AHBPROT enabled
(it may still be a good idea to have a Wii Menu IOS with trucha, like all the IOS60 based ones Modmii recommends, but for unrelated reasons)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto