Semi-brick help (priiloader, bootmii, HBC work OK, no sysmenu, no wii mote syncing)

JGSM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys, I checked other threads but can't seem to find an answer. Any help is appreciated.

Here is what happened:
I have a wii with GC controller ports.
I installed some game wads, installed a patched IOS80, transferred some games to the SD card the usual way (Wii settings), went back to the system menu, all is well and working.
I shut down the console, turned it on 30 minutes later. Black screen only, no access to sys menu.
My wii motes are not synched anymore.
Priiloader works only with my usb keyboard.
I can access HBC, but I can't sync my wii motes there. I don't have a gamecube controller and I can't buy one right now.
I can open apps via Priiloader. Opened USB Loader GX. It works, but I can't sync my wii motes there either.
I can try to open software installed in the Nand via Priiloader. Tried the Mii app, some Wiiware, some Virtual Console games, but it always ends up in a black screen.
I have a few game discs, which I can boot via Priiloader, but they also lead to a black screen.

I suspect some wad I installed might be corrupt and caused a banner brick, but that shouldn't be the case, because the sys menu was working perfectly fine just after I transferred stuff to the SD card and before I shut down the console.
I don't have a nand backup.
One strange thing: the power button doesn't always power up the console. I have to press it usually two or three times for it to work. But on Bootmii it works fine every single time I press it (to browse the options).

If you have any leads, I'd really appreciate it!

JGSM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds like a hardware issue. Most probably the bluetooth module died
I literally just turned the Wii off and came back 30 minutes later. I didn't even move it.
There is a chance the bluetooth module could have died, but it would just be very unlucky of me if that's really the case.

JGSM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: morning_glory

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It does sound like Bluetooth module failure (or disconnected).
I've had the same recently. Disassembled the whole thing just to notice the stupid thing had become loose.
Homebrew software works when WiFi and/or Bluetooth aren't accessible. Official software – games and System Menu – not. Admittedly with the main controllers being Bluetooth related there is not much point in starting up games without… but Nintendo could have decided for a clear error message instead of black screen for all errors.

Try turning on the Wii with a remote that was previously synced to the console (and not used elsewhere since).

Reactions: morning_glory

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto