Wii Mini Theme Brick

erik05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just bricked my wii mini by downloading probably a bad theme (i assume cause it was the right version & everything) & i changed the system menu theme, i can turn the wii mote on just fine and press a to get to the menu and it loads just fine. when i press anything even HBC the screen just freezes, when I open the wii settings it black screens. i did have priiloader installed, anyway it can be fixed or am i cooked

Reactions: cloud-strife777

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i just bricked my wii mini by downloading probably a bad theme (i assume cause it was the right version & everything) & i changed the system menu theme, i can turn the wii mote on just fine and press a to get to the menu and it loads just fine. when i press anything even HBC the screen just freezes, when I open the wii settings it black screens. i did have priiloader installed, anyway it can be fixed or am i cooked
Try getting into Homebrew Channel through Priiloader and delete the Theme. If that ain't working, try going to BootMii through PriiLoader and restore NAND.

Reactions: cloud-strife777

erik05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try getting into Homebrew Channel through Priiloader and delete the Theme. If that ain't working, try going to BootMii through PriiLoader and restore NAND.
how can i do that? if i can’t get passed the system menu without it freezing when i open apps

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
how can i do that? if i can’t get passed the system menu without it freezing when i open apps
If you didn't installed PriiLoader, I don't think there's much you can do.

Turn off your Wii, hold RESET and turn it on without letting RESET go. It should load to a screen named "Priiloader" and then you can open the Homebrew Channel through there as it'll bypass the Wii Menu.

erik05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't installed PriiLoader, I don't think there's much you can do.

Turn off your Wii, hold RESET and turn it on without letting RESET go. It should load to a screen named "Priiloader" and then you can open the Homebrew Channel through there as it'll bypass the Wii Menu.
I do have priiloader install, also this is for the wii mini so there is no reset button.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I do have priiloader install, also this is for the wii mini so there is no reset button.
yeah-excellent.gif

Quick Google Search brought that you need to plug a USB Keyboard, hold ESC while turning on your Wii to access PriiLoader.

Do what you must as long as you have access to Homebrew Channel through PriiLoader.

erik05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Google Search brought that you need to plug a USB Keyboard, hold ESC while turning on your Wii to access PriiLoader.

Do what you must as long as you have access to Homebrew Channel through PriiLoader.
I’ve tried that. The problem is i’m not sure if my keyboard is even compatible with the wii since it’s usb c

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is relatively easy to short the two points when opening the console – or even solder in a (Reset) button.
Anyway, easiest should be the USB keyboard given the Priiloader version is new enough (which it should be).

Unfortunately NAND flashing with BootMii is not available for two reasons: No SD slot and no GC controller ports. Both would have to be added for BootMii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto