Not open for further replies.

gabrieldj81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't recover my wii! I have no bootloader, I tried to install early version of wii menu on wii, tried to update itself, Said the update failed, resarted the console, blackscreen!
Wiimote does not connect to wii, I forgot to install bootmii, I think i might have... Does anyone know if there is a way to boot into a recovery/rescue mode?
Ps: this reminds me of when Noelle uses snow grave on berdly, and in the light world doesn't wake up...

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't recover my wii! I have no bootloader, I tried to install early version of wii menu on wii, tried to update itself, Said the update failed, resarted the console, blackscreen!
Wiimote does not connect to wii, I forgot to install bootmii, I think i might have... Does anyone know if there is a way to boot into a recovery/rescue mode?
Ps: this reminds me of when Noelle uses snow grave on berdly, and in the light world doesn't wake up...
Only way you can fix it is by soldering an Infectus onto the motherboard, rebuild the NAND signed with your console's keys, and flash it directly. Otherwise, you'd be better off buying another Wii for cheap. 2nd-hand console units only cost 10 or so bucks.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
no way the only method now is recreate a SYSNAND directly on the chip using hardware reader.
Post automatically merged:

No. Congrats?

Really, what does people think when doing this?
they don't, do not think at all

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Save this bootmii folder to your sd, make sure wii is powered off and the sd card (properly formatted as fat32 and compatible) is inserted, then power on the console. If u have bootmii installed as boot2 it will load.

U could alwo investigate the savemiifrii method and try that

Edit: here's the link
http://static.hackmii.com/bootmii_sd_files.zip

Last edited by XFlak,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've seen this exact thread like 20 times in the past few months. Someone installed Wii menu beta and bricked their system without a method to recover.

drlarrye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm a novice at modding. I modded my Wii following all of the instructions (including for Priiloader and Bootmii) How do I test or otherwise find out if my Wii is protected in case I do something stupid?

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
So I'm a novice at modding. I modded my Wii following all of the instructions (including for Priiloader and Bootmii) How do I test or otherwise find out if my Wii is protected in case I do something stupid?
Well, for BootMii, you can get to it from the HBC (if installed as an IOS, but having as both Boot2 and an IOS is best) or Priiloader.
To get into Priiloader at boot, hold down RESET while your Wii powers on, or hold the ESCAPE key on a USB keyboard while your Wii powers on.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

drlarrye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I held the reset button and started the Wii ans a menu including BootMii came up so I think I'm as protected as possible.

XofF34r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save this bootmii folder to your sd, make sure wii is powered off and the sd card (properly formatted as fat32 and compatible) is inserted, then power on the console. If u have bootmii installed as boot2 it will load.

U could alwo investigate the savemiifrii method and try that
That sounds like a good idea. wish I'd have thought of that to try for the first Wii I bricked.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, I held the reset button and started the Wii ans a menu including BootMii came up so I think I'm as protected as possible.
Create a NAND backup image with BootMii if not already done and store it on multiple media (and the keys file of course!)
If anything goes horribly wrong a NAND image might save the console.

Be advised to not restore the NAND without thinking twice. Especially on consoles that can not have BootMii in boot2. In many cases easier, faster and safer ways exist out of problems.

When unsure ask before trying things. In most cases you receive friendly and competent answers (and if somebody makes fun of you because of beginners' questions, ignore it and wait for real answers). Being careful, thinking and asking if you are doing it right was already the best thing you could do. More often than not you will find answers by just using a general search engine since:
I think I've seen this exact thread like 20 times in the past few months. Someone installed Wii menu beta and bricked their system without a method to recover.
Searching around before blindly installing some random package will show such results.

oh sh## really? Is there any nand programmers on the market right now?
You need a NAND image or at least the keys for using a hardware flasher.

drlarrye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please point me to a tutorial on how to create a NAND backup image with BootMii?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat