NiQ1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hello,
Sorry for the n00b question if it is one but I'm just getting into the Wii scene (I'm usually a PlayStation person).

So I just got a 2nd hand Wii, which came premodded, so I'm not sure which exploit they used.
The issue is that BootMii doesn't work (I've also tried updating it and it doesn't change anything) - If there's no SD card or there is an SD card but it has no bootmii directory, the system boots just fine (it's installed as boot2, and I see the blue light flashing a couple of times). If the bootmii directory does exist it completely hangs until I press the reset button, then it boots directly to the Wii system menu.
Priiloader is also installed and works fine. I've already updated HBC, BootMii and Priiloader to their latest versions. The Wii is running firmware 4.3E

Thank you!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
When you say it hangs, do u mean blackscreen?

Try adjusting the bootmii config file, using the bootmii config editor app, or modmii, or manually. Specifically adjust the video mode. I suspect your tv is just not displaying the video and it's not actually hung up.

Edit: here's another test, when u are stuck on a blackscreen, press power once, then reset. This should launch the HBC. If it does, then it is definitely a display issue and bootmii is in fact loaded. You could similarly follow the steps blind to make a nand backup, but I'd still try adjusting the video mode first as described above.

Last edited by XFlak,

NiQ1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
When you say it hangs, do u mean blackscreen?

Try adjusting the bootmii config file, using the bootmii config editor app, or modmii, or manually. Specifically adjust the video mode. I suspect your tv is just not displaying the video and it's not actually hung up.

Edit: here's another test, when u are stuck on a blackscreen, press power once, then reset. This should launch the HBC. If it does, then it is definitely a display issue and bootmii is in fact loaded. You could similarly follow the steps blind to make a nand backup, but if still try adjusting the video mode first as described above.
Thank you! Changed to PAL50 and it's working now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto