Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
One little "quality of life" feature I'm adding with my English translation of "Ougon No Kizuna", is identifying the "bonding quests" with stars.This will help players progress into the story, instead of trying each and every quest.
RK7J0A_2024-02-18_12-48-23.png

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Sometimes (rarely), I end up being proud of a sentence that I think manages to retain the original meaning, while looking like it was written in English in 1st place.(アタシはお花を眺めてる方が好きなの野蛮なことはキライよ)
("I prefer to look at flowers. I hate barbarism")

RK7J0A_2024-03-04_22-39-02.png

wiiAdventurer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love that quote Brand.

I also really like that shot. Lots of interesting stuff going on there. The guy sitting in a thinking pose at the table, the person in the left corner staring at "Big guy", the guards and the elf. Thanks for sharing it with us!

wiiAdventurer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to comment earlier. Please don't exhaust yourself Brand!!

In the great tradition of Japanese games, finishing "Ougon No Kizuna" unlocks an "after credits" mode

I know there have been some games that have done something like that but can't think of any offhand. Definitely not something that I think happens regularly. Have any of your other games had something like that?

I actually think that's really a nice reward (for the player, not the translator), though I guess it depends on if they've been enjoying the game or not :D

I was hoping for some unlockables like art or music or something small but that works! Though it's also a bit funny, given that the game's main fault is probably lack of polish and they add so much content for beating the game.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I know there have been some games that have done something like that but can't think of any offhand. Definitely not something that I think happens regularly. Have any of your other games had something like that?
Actually, I believe almost all of the games I did had an "after credits" : Earth Seeker would unlock more missions, Ikenie had the "true ending", and even an "Eroge" chapter if you completed all the challenges, most of "Takt" story would be playable after you did the "light" and "dark" storylines...

As for "Kizuna", it is a bit of a shame the last city gets unlocked so late, considering the last quests (which are too long for their own good) even unlock new weapons, and most players will have stopped playing after the credits (I found only one "playthrough" video on the Internet, and the player didn't see there was one more city to visit).

Anyway, I'm left with 2 last quests (on a total of a hundred), but since the list of quests is random, I'm trying to find a cheatcode to make them appear : then we'll be good to go! :lol:

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I found some other artworks on the Internet, coming from what used to be the game's website (has been down for a while, and since it was apparently in Flash, even the Internet Archive can't really help me).
Thankfully, someone had taken screenshots (albeit in low quality), and I'm doing my best to recreate the wallpaper, so I can incorporate them in the "readme".
Meaning you'll have to wait a little more few days, but I think the result might come out nice. :)
At least the first picture I cropped turned out well, as evidenced below:
20080924022225.jpg
20080924023653.jpg
20080924024048.jpg
20080924030123.jpg

Ougon No Kizuna English Translation Readme.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto