Translation Ougon No Kizuna (Golden Bonds) English translation for Wii

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day everybody.

Just a little message to go a bit off topic, and let you know I've released an unrelated video about games which had their gameplay ruined (or at least worsened a lot) by motion controls, after a little survey I conducted on Twitter.

'Twas about time I showed some tough love to the console before someone called me biased! :lol:

And you get to hear my voice as a bonus (or is it?)

Have a nice and resting Sunday! I SWEAR I'm going back to "Kizuna" now!

Your french accent while speaking english makes your video worth watching :P

Reactions: Felold

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Still working on my "Golden Bonds" translation, this is the 2nd time I "created" a word. After the "mercinary" (for "resolver" in Japanese), here's the "Chalips" (for "kissing pot"), an artefact with lips for a lip! (Weird game...)
chalips.jpg

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
It's been a year since I've started working on this translation, and it's the 1st time I couldn't release my patch within a 1-year time span (JRPG...)

Anyway, I'm getting closer to the end, and as a form of apology, here are some screenshots of Trypto, a city you've probably never seen, if you tried to play the game without understanding it!

And happy new year to all!
RK7J0A_2024-01-01_13-12-51.png
RK7J0A_2024-01-01_13-13-17.png
RK7J0A_2024-01-01_13-13-29.png
RK7J0A_2024-01-01_13-16-25.png

wiiAdventurer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still haven't managed to pick up a copy yet but appreciate your continued effort on this title Brand! Out of curiosity, how many towns are there and which one is your favorite?

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Still haven't managed to pick up a copy yet but appreciate your continued effort on this title Brand! Out of curiosity, how many towns are there and which one is your favorite?
The towns in the game are (unless I skipped something) of the number of seven : Tarsos, Trypto, Circinus, Neptunea, Aboras, Aldebarrade, and Seirios, to which you might want to add the castle of Polath.

I can't really tell which one I prefer, because I've been translating the script for months, but haven't gone that far in the game!

I still have two big files to translate, and then a few more that just contain single lines from the villagers, so I should be ready to beta test in two months or so.

Whoever wants to help me with this will be more than welcome. ;)

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be happy to help but would you be able to give me a Riivolution patch since I'll play it on official hardware not uh Dolphin and hte like?

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I'd be happy to help but would you be able to give me a Riivolution patch since I'll play it on official hardware not uh Dolphin and hte like?
No worry about that, my patch will be a Riivolution one, and you will be able to use it, both with original hardware, and with Dolphin, should you prefer to.

Reactions: swosho

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worry about that, my patch will be a Riivolution one, and you will be able to use it, both with original hardware, and with Dolphin, should you prefer to.
Cool!
I'll have to secure a copy for my self though, so I'll post on here once I do. If I don't get it before beta testing then I guess I'll have to be left out. I like to have a copy before I play a translated or rom hacked game.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Cool!
I'll have to secure a copy for my self though, so I'll post on here once I do. If I don't get it before beta testing then I guess I'll have to be left out. I like to have a copy before I play a translated or rom hacked game.
To be fair, the game seems to have become a little too pricy for its quality... I don't remember how much I've paid for my retail copy on Playasia, and God knows I love owning physical discs, but it's now 80 dollars or so!

I guess most people will probably be good with an iso... I do hope my patch will rehabilitate the game a bit though :)

We'll discuss it when I'm done with these two final files!

Reactions: RetroNerdGamer

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, the game seems to have become a little too pricy for its quality... I don't remember how much I've paid for my retail copy on Playasia, and God knows I love owning physical discs, but it's now 80 dollars or so!

I guess most people will probably be good with an iso... I do hope my patch will rehabilitate the game a bit though :)

We'll discuss it when I'm done with these two final files!
It's around 40ish something on ebay in the US, so it's not horribly expensive. Yeah, we'll talk more once you're ready to beta!

Reactions: Brand Newman

Felold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's been a year since I've started working on this translation, and it's the 1st time I couldn't release my patch within a 1-year time span (JRPG...)

Anyway, I'm getting closer to the end, and as a form of apology, here are some screenshots of Trypto, a city you've probably never seen, if you tried to play the game without understanding it!

Ma man, you're just incredible! Your dedication and commitment to a project such as this are commendable. I'm looking forward to play this game for the first time thanks to you!

• Love

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone!

Today is my birthday, and as such, I've taken the rest of the week off!

I'm doing the final file of my "Kizuna" translation, meaning I should be ready for beta testing around the end of the week.

I'm therefore looking for applicants who'd be willing to play an average JRPG for hours, and help me find about bugs, visual problems and grammar issues!

Some of you have already shown your interest, so if you're still in, please let me know, and I'll put you in a private conversation where we can start doing our tests.

Please be aware this will be very time-consuming : so if your personal life doesn't allow for countless hours of video game in the next few weeks, I'll kindly ask you not to apply, and wait for the official release ! :lol:

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to reading from you.

Everybody has a nice day!

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be down but unfortunately I do not own a copy of the game yet. And most copies are in Japan meaning no US sellers for it so I won't be getting it till at least mid-february till mid-march which is probably way beyond the beta testing limits.

I wish you, and any applicants luck and hopefully maybe next game I can help beta-test haha. Gonna have to just buy the game when you announce the translation at that point xD

wiiAdventurer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy birthday @Brand Newman !

Unfortunately, despite loving the Wii, I am lacking time these days and gaming rarely gets much of it. I'm lucky if I get a few hours a month these days so I will not be able to offer much assistance.

Despite that, I want to say thank you so much for the work you put into these. I've only experienced a few of your translations but I've really enjoyed the time I've put into them. They are very well done and the only reason I get to enjoy them is because of the hard work you put into them. I know that this one took a good chunk of time, appreciate you giving all of that time.

I hope you are able to get some testers to help here. I will be very curious to hear impressions once this releases.

Best of luck to you.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Thank you all for your first answers, although it seems I'll have to do the beta tests alone this time! :lol:

Maybe some applicants will pop in the WE?

Anyway, I just wanted to emphasize that, amongst the kind of (slightly) misogynistic storylines of the game, I'm happy to have found a redeeming one!

The last file I'm finalizing is about a woman with no memories who gets manipulated, and is told she is her own person by the hero.

That's kinda refreshing!

I'll see how this all comes out ingame, but although I really like the Japanese tradition of the unlikeable male hero learning to get better, I was starting to think our Lian didn't have much room for improvement!

Time to finish this darn file, and see if he lives up to this new standard!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your awesome work @Brand Newman
Have you looked into Monster Hunter G on Wii? I think it might be the best version of Monster Hunter G that is not translated.
I believe I've seen an incomplete English patch on Youtube? Maybe someone is already on it?
Anyway, while I'm open to any suggestion, I think I might pick a game with less dialogs the next time! :lol:

Reactions: wiiAdventurer

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you consider doing Captain Rainbow? It has a nice patch out but it has so much untranslated its frustrating. It's by the same people who did Chibi Robo.

Edit: Fixed typo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up