Hacking [RELEASE] Pasta CFW without Cubic Ninja - MSET (4.x old3ds)

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trouble with this is, it still requires you to boot into PBT at least once and successfully connect to ctrclient to install DevMenu, and god knows I have put hours into trying to get that to work.

I don't know if some 3DS boot into PBT easier than others, but I have one success in over 100 tries - and then the system froze when I launched the browser:hateit:

Also, you clearly just copy-and-pasted large parts of Chaldron's tutorial here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...r-firmware-to-cfw-4-5-without-gateway.378371/

I know because extdata is wrongly named exdata in both Chaldron and your tutorials, also you missed a step after creating title.db/import.db:

Insert the SD back into the system and go into Settings —> Data Management —> Software. It’ll ask to reset your software management information, so allow it to do so.

You also forgot to tell people to delete Palantine Launcher.dat and rename Launcher_GW.dat to Launcher.dat so anyone following your tutorial will get 2 grey screens and a forced reboot.

master_yoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Looks like we're in the same boat mechagouki.

I was hoping this wouldn't require connecting with the ctrclient because I still can't get that to work.

Start > run cmd > try doing a "ping [3ds ip address]". Do you get a reply? If so, then something is wrong with your PBT setup. Start again. Reformat the card in Gateway, etc. etc.

If there is no reply in cmd, then something is wrong with your home network/router setup. I had a similar problem. I had to change my router to AP mode. Also, try disabling your wifi security temporarily (open network).

So I tried pinging and I do get a reply. I formatted the SD card and did the steps again more then once but never got past the failed to connect error. :(

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like we're in the same boat mechagouki.

I was hoping this wouldn't require connecting with the ctrclient because I still can't get that to work.

So I tried pinging and I do get a reply. I formatted the SD card and did the steps again more then once but never got past the failed to connect error. :(

Yes. it's crazy frustrating! I tried on a friends XL and it went to PBT 3rd try!

I have the SM 3Dland red O3DS, don't know if it's PBT-proof or something :)

I have Cubic Ninja coming, just have to be patient I guess. Maybe Roxas will do something - RXtools works great on my DS,

master_yoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Getting into the CFW isn't that rare for me. It does take a random amount of tries though. Mine is an old blue 3DS XL. Like I said, pinging works, the CFW is running right now but I've tried running run.bat twenty times and it's failed to connect every time. Even tried downloading BigBlueMenu and editing run.bat in case it has something to do with the DevMenu_2x.cia but nope. Doing pretty much anything in CFW including running the browser freezes the 3DS and then it's a bunch more tries just to get into the CFW. :(

Hopefully someone more experienced can help us out.

Reactions: Margen67

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is no way to actually upgrade the 4.X downgraded O3DS up to 9.2 (for game compatibility) through CIAs and still retain the 4.X sys settings to have a fully functional MSET exploit in a 9.2 console?

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I'm verry happy for this because i can boot instantly with my 3DS on 4.x and no need emuNAND and i have more espace in my SD ;)

Sorry for my bad english :(

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then just keep trying. I have to try at least 10 times to install a CIA using this method
not sure about this but try opening the web browser and doing a random search as soon as you boot into pbt or palentine

Opening the webbrowser in PBT crashes the system...

master_yoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Opening the webbrowser in PBT crashes the system...

Like I said this happens to me too, what are we doing wrong?

I added ctrclient.exe to the list of programs allowed to communicate through Windows Firewall and tried turning it off altogether, neither helped.

Opening the browser as soon as I get into the CFW and before turning Wi Fi on worked and I was even able to go to bookmarks and select google or yahoo this time. However, neither page loads and failed to connect is still there...

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Like I said this happens to me too, what are we doing wrong?

I added ctrclient.exe to the list of programs allowed to communicate through Windows Firewall and tried turning it off altogether, neither helped.
Tests with Connectify to share your PC internet with your 3DS, it work fine for me ;)

Or see the vidéo in the first page, it will help you !

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
The web browser crashing while in PBT is absolutely normal. You need to get lucky that PBT loads and then pray a second time that after loading the web browser, it doesn't crash. That's how hard it is.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
For me, after the crash, i go to parametre to launch directly without forgetting to hold the L button for first time

master_yoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Have u an emuNAND on your SD ?

Well in January I followed this tutorial:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...r-firmware-to-cfw-4-5-without-gateway.378371/

It does have some emuNAND steps but I've formatted the SD card many times since then so I could repeat the steps so that shouldn't be a problem.

Good to know that the browser crashing is normal. Is it normal that it won't load pages in CFW when it doesn't crash though? Again, pinging works and the Wi Fi light on the 3DS blinks at the moment I start run.bat so the IP address is correct and they're (almost) successfully communicating?.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Well in January I followed this tutorial:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...r-firmware-to-cfw-4-5-without-gateway.378371/

It does have some emuNAND steps but I've formatted the SD card many times since then so I could repeat the steps so that shouldn't be a problem.

Good to know that the browser crashing is normal. Is it normal that it won't load pages in CFW when it doesn't crash though? Again, pinging works and the Wi Fi light on the 3DS blinks at the moment I start run.bat so the IP address is correct and they're (almost) successfully communicating?.
Formate your SD card with "SD Formater" and try ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/c2Fnet0y9Ts?list=RDpdoIs1jZbCY