Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,848,963
  • Replies 3,687
  • Likes 243

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
I dont know, thats why Im asking. This is a save manager, and Im looking to manage saves, plus I know this one is easy, that one sounds... less so. Its NOT games, so I dont really care but when trying to talk to a random stranger over the internet and help them, simplest solution is usually best :)

only AGBSave9 is able to extract GBA game saves

Reactions: Ryccardo

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to export a Bravely Default Save. I have the game on my gateway, and when I try to export it, it tells me there was an error opening the save archive. Am I doing something wrong?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to export a Bravely Default Save. I have the game on my gateway, and when I try to export it, it tells me there was an error opening the save archive. Am I doing something wrong?
No, you're not. I'm assuming Gateway doesn't mount the save archive until after the game is launched. I think I have a workaround figured out, but I have to make sure it actually works first.

Reactions: LinkFan16 and Sorox

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
No, you're not. I'm assuming Gateway doesn't mount the save archive until after the game is launched. I think I have a workaround figured out, but I have to make sure it actually works first.
Until then, people have to use the workaround with renaming the correct game's .sav file like in this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/
Would be nice to have an easier way to handle it than that though. Maybe a way to load all *.sav files in the root of the SD and extract them to the appropriate folders?

Something like this would essentially automate the above tutorial:
1) detect if cartridge is Gateway
2) if it is, access the SD and rename 0004000002C23200.sav to 0004000002C23200.sav.backup
3) detect the ID of the game loaded by GW (say, 0004000000030800) and copy 0004000000030800.sav to 0004000002C23200.sav
4) extract the save files as normal
5) delete 0004000002C23200.sav and rename the backup back to normal

Last edited by gamerboy1995, , Reason: added comments

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm trying is using the ID the cart gives me to do the workaround for the user. Right now though, it's only able to access it to export saves. I want to make sure I can still overwrite it after it's launched. I'm waiting to hear from @Shadowfied if it actually works or not, because I can't test it myself.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting an error about opening the archive when I try to dump a save. Specifically a save from a Gateway. I can export the extdata, but not the game save itself. The game is Devil Survivor 2.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bortz
If you don't mind the fact there's a chance it might not work, you can give the build I attach a try. Hold R while it boots and 'Cartridge' should change to 'Gateway Cart'. I think it should work, but I have no way of testing it myself. I based it off of the workaround everyone uses. If anyone with else with a gateway gives it a shot, I'd love to know if you can at least export your save files with it.

Attachments

• JKSM - 6-21-2016.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
Reactions: BORTZ

NazoXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holding R at launch does show "Gateway cart" but it still leads to an "Error opening save archive!" error.
Still a great step in the GW save support direction!

Last edited by NazoXIII,

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for trying it. That means it found the save file and should have made a copy named "0004000002C23200.sav" on your SD if you want to check it quick. Maybe it'll pick it up if you start it again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?