Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,850,422
  • Replies 3,687
  • Likes 243

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello! I'm new to the 3DS Tools scene. This tool looks amazing but I have a few questions.

1.) Just to clarify, this tool does not require anything extra to run? Just download, follow instructions and you can begin to use it?

2.) Does this dump the saves onto the SD card so that I can then use it I my PC? (I'd like to use the Animal Crossing map editor but I can't install Homebrew to dump my saves. And the Powersaves tool encrypts saves.)

3.) Is there any chance of this program bricking my 3DS?

4.) Does this tool allow users to put saves from one cartridge onto another cartridge, bypassing Nintendo's anti-cheat thing thE enabled with saves?

Thank you for your time! :)

1) You need a 3ds with cfw and a title manager to install .cia files
2) Yes
3) No
4) Yes

Muffin_Mistress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) You need a 3ds with cfw and a title manager to install .cia files
2) Yes
3) No
4) Yes

Thank you so much for the answers!

I'm embarrassed to say I'm not quite sure what cfw is. Would mind linking me to it along with a title manager? That way I know I'm using the correct programs and won't be second guessing myself.

Edit: I found a site explaining what CFW is, (custom firmware), but it looks like only systems 9.2 and below support this. I'm at v9.9.

Last edited by Muffin_Mistress,

Kirtai

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Problem: I am trying to Export the Save from the Game Fantasy Life but it shows me the Error: Error Opening Save Archiv.

I opened over 10 Times the game and loaded and saved ingame and goed back to SaveManager but it does not work still.
Do i need now to Export the ExtData ? Maybe the game Saves on my SD Card.
Fantasy Life is unusual in that it stores its saves in the ExtData. So yes, export the ExtData to back up its saves.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit: I found a site explaining what CFW is, (custom firmware), but it looks like only systems 9.2 and below support this. I'm at v9.9.
You can install a CFW on any 3DS that's not v11. (You need a hard mod for v11)
Plailects guide here explains how to do it. It's time consuming but so long as you follow the instructions to the letter anyone can do it. v9.9 is no problem.

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you so much for the answers!

I'm embarrassed to say I'm not quite sure what cfw is. Would mind linking me to it along with a title manager? That way I know I'm using the correct programs and won't be second guessing myself.

On 9.9 you are able to downgrade to 9.2.

Here's the link to how access homebrew
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

Here's the link for downgrade
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade)

Last edited by night_hawk,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to implement batch backups of saves from all installed titles?
Already available in the mid-May build somewhere in this topic or on my Google drive!

Only CFW at the moment.
Or forever -- the major cool feature (selecting games in-app) isn't practical with .3dsx, everything else can be ported to svdt anyways!

Reactions: BlastXDX

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess a light version would be possible, but it would lose the ability to work with multiple games. It wouldn't really offer too much over svdt.
Extra Data restore never works right for me. The game I'm using is FE:Fates Special Edition. Whenever I restore a backup, it won't add files and only deletes files that are present in the extra data and not in the backup. Ex: Fresh extra data, restore backup with a large amount of data, load game. Result: No change, extra data is not added.

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Extra Data restore never works right for me. The game I'm using is FE:Fates Special Edition. Whenever I restore a backup, it won't add files and only deletes files that are present in the extra data and not in the backup. Ex: Fresh extra data, restore backup with a large amount of data, load game. Result: No change, extra data is not added.

you need first create new exdata, and now restore you backup, this rewrite the old exdata, with savedatas too.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need first create new exdata, and now restore you backup, this rewrite the old exdata, with savedatas too.
I didn't say that it gave an error (which it does when you try to restore extra data when none has been created yet). I said that it doesn't truly restore anything. Say I have a backup with Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, Lillith, and Garon's data and my game has Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, Lillith, and Arete's data. When the backup is restored, the game has Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, and Lillith's data. Garon's data is not restored and Arete's is deleted. Do you understand the issue now?

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say that it gave an error (which it does when you try to restore extra data when none has been created yet). I said that it doesn't truly restore anything. Say I have a backup with Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, Lillith, and Garon's data and my game has Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, Lillith, and Arete's data. When the backup is restored, the game has Chrom, Lissa, Frederick, and Lillith's data. Garon's data is not restored and Arete's is deleted. Do you understand the issue now?
They are characters that don't actually exist as playable in the game. They are fan created DLC. So this is not an issue of JKSM. This is the result of using a character that does not actually exist as playable.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are characters that don't actually exist as playable in the game. They are fan created DLC. So this is not an issue of JKSM. This is the result of using a character that does not actually exist as playable.
Defintely a JKSM issue. I am talking about the character data stored in Extra Data for each of the characters, not the unit's themselves. Though this issue isn't just limited to unofficial extra data. Extra Data saves suffer from the same problem.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mind uploading it so I can take a look?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eqTkD6JQw