Homebrew (RELEASE) HB LAUNCHER MOD CIA FOR GATEWAY

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any of this options will be okay?
1. Install A9LH,AuReiNand in UpdatedSysnand mode,10.6 and this CIA.
2. Install A9LH,AuReiNand with emuNAND autobooting,Rei10.6 and this CIA.
3. Another option.
Thanls.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Any of this options will be okay?
1. Install A9LH,AuReiNand in UpdatedSysnand mode,10.6 and this CIA.
2. Install A9LH,AuReiNand with emuNAND autobooting,Rei10.6 and this CIA.
3. Another option.
Thanls.
Install AuRei in updatedsysnand but don't update, stay on 9.2.

Columbo2811

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to default to sysNAND on A9LH boot? I keep forgetting to hold L
Yes if using reinand mod. Place an empty file in the rei folder on your sd card. Name it updatedsysnand and remove the extension. It can be a text file if you want but then remove the .txt at the end.

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes if using reinand mod. Place an empty file in the rei folder on your sd card. Name it updatedsysnand and remove the extension. It can be a text file if you want but then remove the .txt at the end.

I think this boots to a modified sysNAND of sorts, updated FIRM or something maybe? I can't get the GW launcher to hook it always freezes. Holding L works perfect however.

Columbo2811

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah your right it probably does. You could reverse the firmware bins round if it's something you really wanting. Just rename firmware90 to firmware and firmware to firmware90 in the rei folder. This should auto boot the firms the other way round. When booting rei mod emunand though you emunand will be running the lower firm too.

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah your right it probably does. You could reverse the firmware bins round if it's something you really wanting. Just rename firmware90 to firmware and firmware to firmware90 in the rei folder. This should auto boot the firms the other way round. When booting rei mod emunand though you emunand will be running the lower firm too.

Wish it were that simple. Looks like aurei is smarter than just changing file names. Someone will need to fork the source and modify the code to accept a gateway.bin file which would be the firmware90.bin file. Good idea though!

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry i know this is stupid but does arm9hax or whatever works on o3ds?
someone said that this worked on o3ds but this is for arm9hax users and the guy on the video is using an o3ds

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry i know this is stupid but does arm9hax or whatever works on o3ds?
someone said that this worked on o3ds but this is for arm9hax users and the guy on the video is using an o3ds

Arm9hax works on both systems. I am using N3DS and the 'updated sysNAND' that aurei kicks me into won't let gateway launch. If I hold L and boot FIRM 9.0/9.2 gateway loads fine. These are gateway problems honestly. They either need to release an arm9loaderhax file or update their launcher.dat to support the newer FIRM's. Patching aurei would work in the meantime to boot to just a normal sysnand.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Arm9hax works on both systems. I am using N3DS and the 'updated sysNAND' that aurei kicks me into won't let gateway launch. If I hold L and boot FIRM 9.0/9.2 gateway loads fine. These are gateway problems honestly. They either need to release an arm9loaderhax file or update their launcher.dat to support the newer FIRM's. Patching aurei would work in the meantime to boot to just a normal sysnand.
Is there any guide to setup Permanent CFW?

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any guide to setup Permanent CFW?

Do you mean EmuNAND? Theres plenty of guides everywhere about this and thats beyond the purpose of this thread. The issue is gateway and their commercial card can't handle the scene's recent developments. That's all. This CIA helps but holding L before boot is a challenge for me and I need to reboot to get gateway to load properly on my N3DS.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible for Gateway to use A9LH patches in the future and run on 9.3 or higher sysNAND? Assuming the GW team programmed for it?

It would be cool if they produced their own user-friendly way of getting OTP and compiling A9LH, like they had the downgrade method in 2014. Although they never released a downgrade method for 10.3 which is a bit sad.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible for Gateway to use A9LH patches in the future and run on 9.3 or higher sysNAND? Assuming the GW team programmed for it?

It would be cool if they produced their own user-friendly way of getting OTP and compiling A9LH, like they had the downgrade method in 2014. Although they never released a downgrade method for 10.3 which is a bit sad.
I highly doubt it. GW users are still waiting for a 10.3 => 9.2 downgrade method, IIRC. It took them a long time to finally do a GW.3dsx, too.

Reactions: Quantumcat

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'd think if they wanted to remain relevant in these times they'd put a priority on it

Their priority is selling their hardware DRM. It isn't appeasing people who already bought it, it isn't to compete with freeware CFW. Downgrading people from Firmware X to firmware Y don't make them any money as the downgrades worked even without the gateway card IIRC!

Their latest bit of work will be systems with firmware 10.3 and below downgrading them to 9.2, and it will likely require their hardware DRM to complete this time (https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws FIRM partitions hardware flaw & ntrcardhax). Maybe, just MAYBE they will offer a downgrade to 2.1 to grab OTP and upgrade to 9.2 and release an arm9loaderhax, but I think their priority is getting that ntrcardhax stuff to work to downgrade FIRM and firmware.

As it stands right now anyone with a soldering iron who reads https://github.com/Plailect/3DS-10.5-Downgrade can downgrade 10.6 to 10.2 and run sysupdater to update to 9.2 today. for free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: