Hacking Homebrew applications disappeared after using FBI

Dat_RPB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I am new to modding so I apologize if I incorrectly use some phrase or make a false assumption. I created an account just for this question because I couldn't find a situation perfectly like it.

I have been trying to mod my new 3ds XL so I can play some hard to obtain games now that eshop is dead. I followed the tutorial that everybody is always linked to (3ds hacks guide) and I followed every step with no issues. The problem happened after I tried using FBI to scan a code from hshop like I had been told was the best place to go. It started to download for a bit before telling me something about my SD card being removed. (I would tell you the exact error but I cannot get back to FBI due to the nature of my problem) Then, when I went back to my home screen all of the homebrew app icons were gone. I could still open luma and gm9 with the start shortcuts and could access homebrew launcher by setting download play as my launcher.

When I tried to access the homebrew apps through the launcher, none of the icons showed up, except nimdsphax for some reason. I also still had the Anemone3DS folder, likely because of my custom home background. When I plugged my SD card into my PC, all I had was the nimdsphax and Anemone3DS folders within the 3ds folder. I feel like maybe that is where the apps should be within the SD card but that might be misguided.

At first, I tried to use faketik because somebody with a similar problem used it. While trying to do this, I found that any change I made to the information on the SD card did not retain after putting it back into my 3ds. I don't know why this happens but I imagine it might be important in solving the problem.

If there is any more information you need please let me know as I would be glad to get what I can to you.
Thanks fellas.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While trying to do this, I found that any change I made to the information on the SD card did not retain after putting it back into my 3ds.
Your SD card is failing. These things happen. Nothing much you can do about it.

Copy everything off the SD card with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier. Get a new card, format it as FAT32, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything to the new card.

I feel like maybe that is where the apps should be within the SD card but that might be misguided.
The 3DS folder is only for programs launched via the Homebrew Launcher. Anything installed via FBI or the eShop is stored, encrypted, in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.

Dat_RPB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy everything off the SD card with Get a new card, format it as FAT32, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything to the new card.

I got a new SD card and got everything back on it. Seems to be working well, as I've gotten all of my Homebrew apps back on my home page and evidently my SD card. My game is downloading now and has gotten quite a bit further so everything seems to be in order.

Thanks for the help!

AdmiralBloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There!
I got this issue and managed to fix it. So my problem was, I downloaded a bunch of games and one of them was corrupted.
I tried deleting but it end up not displaying any titles at all apart from TM++

Here's what I did.
I take out the micro sd card and put in my computer then right click on the card and select "properties", go to "tools" then repair sd card.

When this is finished, you need to go to titles, so on your sd card go into your "Nintendo 3DS folder" until you see the folders called "titles" and delete the broken file (the corrupted title folder has been repaired into a file) and delete that file. The file is usually at the end of folders of titles list.

Now it should work, take out your sd card and plug it back in the 3DS.

May God Bless everyone in Jesus name :)

Reactions: anotherthing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto