Homebrew (RELEASE) HB LAUNCHER MOD CIA FOR GATEWAY

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is my modified version which no longer needs the gate.3dsx on the root of the sd card.
Instead it loads the gate.3dsx (now renamed to just G.W) from inside the 'GWcia' folder.

The only difference with this is that there is now 1 less file on the SD card root.

All I have done is just change the path in the source and hex edited the payloads.
I made this for myself to help tidy up my SD root but I thought I'd upload here it just in case someone finds it useful.

Thanks to the original creators of this great program, I use it a lot.

Attachments

• Modified_Gateway_cia.zip
    812 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: 4gionz

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey i just installed a9lh on my new3ds fw9.0 with a 10.7 emunand. i not want to update my sysnand. if i run the cia on patched sysnand it loades but ends on a blackscreen and if i try to run fimware90.bin at starti only get a blackscreen(never boots... asny advice?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey i just installed a9lh on my new3ds fw9.0 with a 10.7 emunand. i not want to update my sysnand. if i run the cia on patched sysnand it loades but ends on a blackscreen and if i try to run fimware90.bin at starti only get a blackscreen(never boots... asny advice?

If you are using AuReinand make sure you are in 'Regular mode' (normally boots emuNAND by default). Hold the left trigger when booting and it will load your sysNAND with the 9.0 firmware and the cia should work.

also, Do you have the Launcher.dat for Gateway on the root of your SD card?

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
jep that was the problem i was in updated sys nand mode...if i start sysnand with L pressed now and reinstall nenu hax to autoboot gateway would thatz work too?

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jep that was the problem i was in updated sys nand mode...if i start sysnand with L pressed now and reinstall nenu hax to autoboot gateway would thatz work too?
Yes that should work too. I've attached some files to autoboot Gateway from menuhax.
Set menuxhax to autoboot and then Gateway should boot by default insted of the homebrew launcher.
If you want to boot into the Homebrew launcher hold the 'down' button when you see the menuhax splash screen and it will load a selection screen to boot the Homebrew Launcher.

Attachments

• AutoGateway.zip
    421.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by Leeful,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anybody know if this will run using a 9.2 RedNAND then boot Gateway SysNAND mode.
I know it works with a 9.2 EmuNAND and a 10.7 SysNAND but since Gateway will be running on SysNAND, can someone test this on a 10.7 SysNAND/9.2 RedNAND setup?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know I can't use it on 10.7 a9lh, but how to use it in another way?
I re-installed some big cia and don't want format to create an emunand...

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just wait for GW to release the update with A9LH support. According to the website it is to be released in the coming days.

If you have Cubic Ninja or OOT can you launch it from homebrew launcher?

Last edited by stl25,

Columbo2811

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to run from 9.2 at the minute. It can be a system nand or emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your existing cias will work with cfw just switch for now. No need to change emunand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Youll have to wait for now. Just go to github and download the rei cfw for now. Loads of us waiting. In gateways words its just around the corner. Some fucking corner hey.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone happen to know if it is safe to downgrade a9lh sysnand to 9.2 to use this ?
Create an EmuNAND and downgrade the EmuNAND to 9.2. You can boot 9.2 with 9.0 firm and run Gateway with that. Hold L to boot into the gateway menu then hold B to boot Gateway SysNAND mode.

Lucknell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Create an EmuNAND and downgrade the EmuNAND to 9.2. You can boot 9.2 with 9.0 firm and run Gateway with that. Hold L to boot into the gateway menu then hold B to boot Gateway SysNAND mode.

It doesn't boot when I do that I just get a black screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: