ROM Hack [Release] FunKeyCIA - make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I try to download a 3dsware game then install it
but game can not play
I do some research I found some 3dsware games have seed Encrypt
and I use liomajor‘s tool eseedgbr.exe get the seeddb.bin
what to do after that?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try to download a 3dsware game then install it
but game can not play
I do some research I found some 3dsware games have seed Encrypt
and I use liomajor‘s tool eseedgbr.exe get the seeddb.bin
what to do after that?
If it's a game from your region you can usually just go to the eShop page for the game and tap the repair button at the bottom.

Otherwise, take the CIA, the seeddb.bin and put both into a folder called D9Game on your SD card. Then run Decrypt9 and choose the Game Decrypter Options > CIA Decrypter (deep).

Once done, install the altered CIA.

Reactions: srwgin

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have a question.

How does this handle DLC? If I put in the title id and key of, say, Fire Emblem Fates DLC, what will it download?

kidcharlemagne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Any idea what could cause this? Title ID 0004000e0012c800. The manual can't be opened, and the game runs with black boxes. I can't repair it in the eShop because it's not from my region.
7EQy2wK.jpg

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
And if more DLC is released in the future, do I have to download this again?
it depending on files on server
some times files already on server but not official release so you can not buy it
but use this tool you can download

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any idea what could cause this? Title ID 0004000e0012c800. The manual can't be opened, and the game runs with black boxes. I can't repair it in the eShop because it's not from my region.
0004000e0012c800 means it is a patch
do you have game?
if not you need 000400000012c800

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I think that depends on the DLC, for example Smash DLC unlocks every past and future content (you installed the Mewtwo DLC back when he was the only one and you would get the rest as they were being released automatically), other games like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy works the opposite.

My guess is that it depends on if the content is stored in the DLC (Like FF and Streetpass Mii Plaza), you would have to redownload the DLC is new content is released, if it's stored in the Update data (Like Smash Bros or Fantasy Life) its a one time install.

*snip*
Probably because it's cuz it's an out of region game, it's looking for assets it can't find due to being played on a different region, this isn't related to FunKeyCia, you need to use the language plugin from NTR or AuReiNand.

Reactions: cearp

NicKFree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Noob question over here, I've downloaded My Nintendo Zelda picross using this tool, but it need to be cryptofixed, from what I know that game it's not in the eshop catalog, since it can be purchased with a code. How can I crypotofix the game then?

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
if someone just give me a decrypted key
is there a way change it to ENCRYPTED KEY
just a key not bin file

Last edited by srwgin,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have a question.

How does this handle DLC? If I put in the title id and key of, say, Fire Emblem Fates DLC, what will it download?
if you have a title if and a key, it will download ad make anything no problems :)
i wrote in the OP that dlc works, and that this supports all content though :)
but yeah... don't worry, it will be ok, you can pirated your stuff ;)

if the dlc, update, or game gets updated you can simply update/redownload it from eshop, don't worry about the cia. :)

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
7EQy2wK.jpg
you already answered your own question, the black box should disappear if you get the same region

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anyone wants to help, please tell me, because this method IS better than failectcdn but of course, it needs to be used to be useful.
FailectCDN... first off, not a good name, just tacky, it's obvious that you're mad that someone in the community made a "better" tool than you and are now taking potshots at him, second of all, how is it better? I suppose the scientific study proving this has come back? You've lost what little respect me and several others had for you, good luck and have fun with your "better tools" which I'll never use based on the fact that you just have a shitty attitude, this is NOT the way to conduct yourself as a developer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cearp I'm not one to usually jump in on drama, but this whole FunKeyCIA vs. PlaiCDN shit needs to stop. I respect you as a dev, but just like Plailect, you make mistakes on your coding too. You wouldn't have even done this had Plailect not made PlaiCDN. Sure, using encrypted keys may be better, but quit the shit. Please. There's no need for this to continue. Let people do as they wish. I may not always agree with Plailect's choices, but I don't agree with your choice to continue this dev war over literally something pointless. If people want to use PlaiCDN, let them. If they have issues with it, they'll use yours. If they use yours, but would prefer to use PlaiCDN even with it's "brokenness", so what? Seriously, this pissing contest has gone on long enough. There is no reason to do this. At all. Stop insulting other's code just because you don't agree with them. Seriously. Just stop. Each do their respective jobs well. PlaiCDN works with decrypted keys, yours with encrypted. Just quit trying to start shit.

Last edited by MassExplosion213,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FailectCDN... first off, not a good name, just tacky, it's obvious that you're mad that someone in the community made a "better" tool than you and are now taking potshots at him, second of all, how is it better? I suppose the scientific study proving this has come back? You've lost what little respect me and several others had for you, good luck and have fun with your "better tools" which I'll never use based on the fact that you just have a shitty attitude, this is NOT the way to conduct yourself as a developer
Nah son this is a million times better especially when paired with D.T.K: TitleKey.bin viewer and CDN downloader.

Reactions: justync7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: BakerMan ran out of pies to bone