ROM Hack [Release] FunKeyCIA - make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a game doesn't work (crashes on 3ds splash) will it work if I use repair in eshop?
As long as the game is the same region as your 3DS, going to the eshop will fix the issue. Also, you do not need to click the repair button in the eshop to get the seed for the game. All you need to do is visit the page for the game, and the seed is automatically added to your seedbin.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
As long as the game is the same region as your 3DS, going to the eshop will fix the issue. Also, you do not need to click the repair button in the eshop to get the seed for the game. All you need to do is visit the page for the game, and the seed is automatically added to your seedbin.
you just need to go to the game's page? that's really simple and easy...
i never had to deal with crytpofixing before, i don't play so many eshop games

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
That's not true for every game. Some you actually have to repair some u just have to open the eshop.

Yokai watch you could just open the eshop and it was fixed. The old Pokemon games you have to repair.

Reactions: cearp

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not quite correct. The site now lets you download files that are correctly formatted in order to let you encrypt them with the newest commit of Decrypt9WIP.

You need to download and the compiled version of Decrypt9WIP from https://up1.ca/#FMVYBxKUp9Fk3EgUHE4OeQ (the current release on GitHub can't encrypt keys) and install it to your SD card, copy a decTitleKeys file to the root of the SD card, then encrypt the file with your 3DS. There are two files, so you'll need to do them one by one in order to get all keys. That means that you'll have two encTitleKeys files, one for each of the decTitleKeys files.

You can then use those encrypted title keys. There are already a few tools to output the keys in a readable fashion. AnalogMan posted one such tool in the PlaiCDN thread: link

|EDIT|
I see that that site is now displaying encrypted keys next to the decrypted ones. I can confirm that the key for Earthbound matches the key I encrypted myself. However, SNES game CIAs won't run on an o3DS, so:
1) Are you sure you used the encrypted key?
2) Are you using an n3DS?

Yes I am sure I used the encrypted one on that site. And I am using o3DS.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
What old Pokemon games are you referring to? I'm not accusing you of being wrong, but I have never clicked the repair button to get the seed for any games. I would like to test this for myself if you have a specific example.
Yellow, red, blue. I tried just opening eshop, visiting the page, and repairing was the only thing that worked. I could be wrong though as its been a while since I installed them. I just remember being annoyed about having to repair them so I tried the other things.

Legit CIA ver of them.

Last edited by pbanj,

kidcharlemagne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Yes I am sure I used the encrypted one on that site. And I am using o3DS.

Okay, then that's your problem. SNES virtual console games can be installed on an o3DS, but they can't be played. When you try to run it, it should tell you something like "this game can only be run on a New Nintendo 3DS."

Reactions: pbanj

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yellow, red, blue. I tried just opening eshop, visiting the page, and repairing was the only thing that worked. I could be wrong though as its been a while since I installed them. I just remember being annoyed about having to repair them so I tried the other things.

Legit CIA ver of them.

I just tested this with Pokemon Yellow, Red, and Blue. They all froze at the 3DS screen. Restarted my 3DS, went to eshop and pulled up each game's page, exited the eshop without clicking on repair for any of the games, and all 3 load fine now.

As far as I have ever seen, you just need to visit the game's page to get the seed.

If anybody else knows of any game that requires you to click the repair button in the eshop, please let me know.

Reactions: pbanj

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
as I know we can use NASA V.1.6 install LEGIT cias on 10.7 3DS
is that means we also can use NASA V.1.6 install good cia on 10.7 3DS?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
please understand that the cias this creates are not special, insomuch as the cias this makes are basically just like the cias produced by my other tool FunkyCIA., which was released near the beginning of 2015 :)

the thing that makes this tool different is that you enter the key instead of providing a ticket.
being redownloadable, not interfering with eshop, these things not new. but due to that other tool placdn which took steps backward, i had to remind people what my tool does and what it is good for :)
If the input format is the only real difference between this and FunkyCIA (plus some improvements, I take it?), why not just add support for reading ticket.db to this? It would make things easier for you (as, if there is something you have to fix, you won't have to fix it in two tools) and you wouldn't force your users to download a second tool to process their old ticket.db files.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
If the input format is the only real difference between this and FunkyCIA (plus some improvements, I take it?), why not just add support for reading ticket.db to this? It would make things easier for you (as, if there is something you have to fix, you won't have to fix it in two tools) and you wouldn't force your users to download a second tool to process their old ticket.db files.
because parsing the ticket.db is more work in FunkyCIA, as opposed to just creating the tickets in FunKeyCIA.
it would be nice to have it in one tool, but they are for different things, one is for your own files, hopefully one day for creating perfect backup legit cias (it does it, we just can't install them yet) FunkyCIA keeps as much intact as possible, this is why you can make legit cias with it.
and the other is for downloading via a key and titleid, FunKeyCIA cannot make legit stuff because the whole ticket is lost, we can only create GOOD cias.

it would have been much more work to incorporate FunKeyCIA in FunkyCIA, so i just stripped down FunkyCIA, deleted lots of stuff and added a little stuff.

i'm not forcing anyone to download anything ; )
but yeah i understand what you mean.

but yeah, the input is not the only difference, and no improvements to the code :) just very stripped and simplified really.

Last edited by cearp,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
because parsing the ticket.db is more work in FunkyCIA, as opposed to just creating the tickets in FunKeyCIA.
it would be nice to have it in one tool, but they are for different things, one is for your own files, hopefully one day for creating perfect backup legit cias (it does it, we just can't install them yet) FunkyCIA keeps as much intact as possible, this is why you can make legit cias with it.
and the other is for downloading via a key and titleid, FunKeyCIA cannot make legit stuff because the whole ticket is lost, we can only create GOOD cias.

it would have been much more work to incorporate FunKeyCIA in FunkyCIA, so i just stripped down FunkyCIA, deleted lots of stuff and added a little stuff.

i'm not forcing anyone to download anything ; )
but yeah i understand what you mean.

but yeah, the input is not the only difference, and no improvements to the code :) just very stripped and simplified really.
Okay, got that! I assume it would be possible to have ticket.db support in this, but you would only process titlekey and titleid from the ticket then, which is not the same as what FunkyCIA does. In the long run, this will confuse some users, though.

I suggest, if anyone does a GUI for this, he incorporates both tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: oh my, all this monologging +1