ROM Hack [Release] FunKeyCIA - make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!

justync7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really any easier. I can't really search in any quick fashion, none of the columns can be sorted, and if I have python3 it doesn't force python2.7
You have a valid point. I am aware the search sucks, but I am working on fixing it. Next update will have a config and you will be able to specify which python to use.

slaugaus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.
I created a simple .bat that will prompt you for the ID and Key, simplifying the process somwhat.
Put it in the same folder as FunKeyCIA for it to work :)
View attachment 45933

Source:
Code:
@echo off
set /p titleid="Please enter the Title ID: "
set /p key="Please enter the Title Key: "
python FunKeyCIA.py -title %titleid% -key %key%
pause

I made a fancier .bat and compiled FunKeyCIA as a standalone EXE like PlaiCDN. Enjoy!
EXE, BAT, and make_cdn_cia: Google Drive/MEGA
No BAT: Google Drive/MEGA (as an added bonus, no "EXE and BAT by slaugaus" banner)
NINJA'D UPDATE: BAT now pauses when the script finishes, like @Jackus's.
(I made this before finding the one by @Jackus . Sorry for one-upping you. :))

Last edited by slaugaus,
Reactions: Seriel and justync7

Criminal90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes, there is a newer version of makecdncai, i have a compiled build for mac i can share in 12 hours.
with lots of content files, the old makecdncia (the one i included) can go bad :)
don't worry about it
Can you share the fixed version? I have the same problem

uherrera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only have 100 or so themes installed at once. The CIA has like 230
you can install it but then when you go to change your theme it'll ask you to delete one at a time 120+ times.
That's why CHMM2 and howling theme tool are preferred.
ANYWAY using the make_cdn_cia I posted works.
Installing the themes with a good cia didn't work. They got uninstalled when I entered the E-shop. Will try CHMM2.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just need some clarification - does this basically download any title from the eshop and allow you to install it on a CFW 3ds?

if so, cool.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
please understand that the cias this creates are not special, insomuch as the cias this makes are basically just like the cias produced by my other tool FunkyCIA., which was released near the beginning of 2015 :)

the thing that makes this tool different is that you enter the key instead of providing a ticket.
being redownloadable, not interfering with eshop, these things not new. but due to that other tool placdn which took steps backward, i had to remind people what my tool does and what it is good for :)

Last edited by cearp,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please understand that the cias this creates are not special, insomuch as the cias this makes are basically just like the cias produced by my other tool FunkyCIA., which was released near the beginning of 2015 :)

the thing that makes this tool different is that you enter the key instead of providing a ticket.
being redownloadable, not interfering with eshop, these things not new. but do to that other tool placdn which took steps backward, i had to remind people what my tool does and what it is good for :)
Random question, FunkyCIA and FunKeyCIA, do they auto RegionFree patch the CIA or does it leave it close to the original as possible?

Reactions: justync7

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Random question, FunkyCIA and FunKeyCIA, do they auto RegionFree patch the CIA or does it leave it close to the original as possible?
they leave it as close to original as possible, i wouldn't want to add region free patching anyway.
region free should be on the cfw side, not the game side.
thankfully recently the big new cfws have added region free, i honestly don't know what took them so long :)

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting this error:

Code:
./make_cdn_cia: 1: ./make_cdn_cia: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
CIA not created...

How do I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like i've been punked, I totally just redownloaded The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D without having ever purchased it. This like legit CIA's but a billion times better.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I feel like i've been punked, I totally just redownloaded The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D without having ever purchased it. This like legit CIA's but a billion times better.

being redownloadable, not interfering with eshop, these things not new. but due to that other tool placdn which took steps backward, i had to remind people what my tool does and what it is good for :)
not legit, they won't work without hax. but we need hax to install... but still, legit stuff, working without hax would be nice to have.

and glad you like it, thanks for the offer of donation but save your money, donate to some cfw dev or buy a game from a company you like on eshop so they get your money, or just donate to some charity i guess :)

Reactions: pbanj

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think Nintendo will notice :rofl2:?

RuEe96Q.png

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
wow that is a fast connection you have! where i am, it's not so fast :)
how fast can you donwload from cdn? do you have a network monitor or something set up to show the current download speed happening on your pc?
yeah sorry you can only download one game, although, how you are doing it, you are downloading them all at the same time, maybe better than a list to go through one by one!

Last edited by cearp,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My pirate senses are tingling
ok this is gonna hee a hypothetical but what file is it in the 3DS that says to the eShop "Hey can I redownload this" and the eShop says " sure buddy go right ahead"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, no