• Views 7,190,098
  • Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rpx dumps do not require title keys to boot. if you updated your dump, you would have most likely extracted the files, and then applied the update. cemu only need title kays to decypt and read the wud or wux dumps.

It's not about the keys, it's about the titleIDs because they are needed for the graphicsPacks to work.

Crysal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any suggestions? :(

Looking at your signature, it seems that you use an AMD GPU, which means that just like the rest of us AMD users you'll run into quite a bit of problems running XCX.

Yes, it's a driver problem. Also an architecture problem. However, some models and drivers seems to work. I'd advise you to look back in this thread since there are some useful posts from other AMD users.

Best of luck.

CustomEyeBrows

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The difference is the standard "Quality" packs only change the TV resolution and not the gamepad's. We already had the latter fix for both SM3DW and CT:TT, and personally I don't really prefer hard shadows tbh. (I think half-res shadows may look better if anything)

Mk8 4player fix was helpful though, I was originally halving both width and height (before I started frying to fix CT:TT) which didn't seem to work. Apparently you only need to use half height for MK8's 4-player splitscreen.

Here it is-
[/code]
I'll try to add in my next pull request btw.

Argh, you guys are awesome. Thanks for your contributions.

Reactions: Slashㅤ

xcedf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Slash and Darkemaster:
So I thought my SM3DW+CTTT graphic Pack was pretty much perfect now, but I think one of the recent 'fixes' actually produced a new issue. Although I'm not sure if all values have to be changed for every different resolution. Here's a pic of the issue (you might be able to see it much better in other places (like the embers in the dragon stage of CTTT) but you should get the idea). The shimmer around the coins and some flying particles looks like there's numerous instances of the effect.

This is what my prefered graphicPack looks like now. I also tried with the 4k one, though and the issue was the same... do I have to change some values here (or even all?)
This issue caused by quarter-res scaler options, cause it affects bloom effect which looks much better native res, but removing quarter res and not removing half res scalers causes black background in level 1-1 and maybe somewhere else.
maybe there is a way to exclude bloom?

Last edited by xcedf,

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah, sorry, well thanks to @Darkemaste :D
I did say I'd look into it. ^_^
@Slash and Darkemaster:
So I thought my SM3DW+CTTT graphic Pack was pretty much perfect now, but I think one of the recent 'fixes' actually produced a new issue. Although I'm not sure if all values have to be changed for every different resolution. Here's a pic of the issue (you might be able to see it much better in other places (like the embers in the dragon stage of CTTT) but you should get the idea). The shimmer around the coins and some flying particles looks like there's numerous instances of the effect.

This is what my prefered graphicPack looks like now. I also tried with the 4k one, though and the issue was the same... do I have to change some values here (or even all?)
At this point I'm not sure if this particular issue can be fixed without editing shaders/modifying bloom tbh. When I fixed heatwaves earlier it had cause another issue elsewhere, and when I fixed the previous "new" issue as a result it also seems to have effected bloom. Though it's usually not that noticeable, ofc you could always ignore/remove the rule that effects bloom so it won't be effected, but you end up with certain stages with missing/black backgrounds. (and yes, every value has to be scaled accordingly)
Heres 5K SM3DW without my quarter res alpha rule-
Eid8Bbh.png

Some advice? is it a driver problem?

Are you by any chance using catalyst/pre-opengl 4.5 drivers? (since it was suggested by others) I haven't seen that issue reported in quite a while, and as far as I'm aware the only AMD issues in Xeno is brightness in general and minor artifacting specific to Polaris/GCN4 GPUs. (related to memory limit)
The latter has a workaround via an optional graphic pack that seems to work for others btw.

Last edited by Darkemaste,
Reactions: JOHN30011887

CustomEyeBrows

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I tried making a 5k pack for Mario 3D World, but it caused some effects like particles to flash/flicker in a corrupted kind of way. I only changed:

Code:
[TextureRedefine] # tv
width = 1280
height = 720
formatsExcluded = 0x008,0x41A,0x034,0x035 # exclude obvious textures
overwriteWidth = 3840
overwriteHeight = 2160

to

Code:
[TextureRedefine] # tv
width = 1280
height = 720
overwriteWidth = 5120
overwriteHeight = 2880

Is there something else that needs to be changed also. Like do you need to step down every other aspect (such as # zoomed in etc) aswell?

If i just use the default pack, it works fine other than the other issues that needed fixing that Slash and Dark sorted.

Edit: Scratch that. I just tried it again and it works fine now (so far). I must have broke something but accident the first time i edited the file.

Last edited by CustomEyeBrows,

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried making a 5k pack for Mario 3D World, but it caused some effects like particles to flash/flicker in a corrupted kind of way. I only changed:

Code:
[TextureRedefine] # tv
width = 1280
height = 720
overwriteWidth = 3840
overwriteHeight = 2160

to

Code:
[TextureRedefine] # tv
width = 1280
height = 720
overwriteWidth = 5120
overwriteHeight = 2880

Is there something else that needs to be changed also. Like do you need to step down every other aspect (such as # zoomed in etc) aswell?

If i just use the default pack, it works fine other than the other issues that needed fixing that Slash and Dark sorted.

Edit: Scratch that. I just tried it again and it works fine now (so far). I must have broke something but accident the first time i edited the file.

What even is the reason for this? I'm just curious.

Slashㅤ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried making the shadows higher res for Splatoon, it's the same situation as Mario Kart 8. Upping the resolution crashes the game, going lower is fine.
4t4KTxx.png

DrDizzy

Trophies
XP
Country
well i lose all my imput settings after i close the cemu.exe. i have to remape my shield controller everytime i restart the emulator. same thing happens with an xbox 360 controller directly on PC.

i tried to export my input settings, to just load it everytime, but even that is not working, it just keeps one or two mapped buttons.

Haven't heard of this issue before, but if you did click Save and it STILL doesn't work, here are a few shots in the dark:

- Do you run the emulator from a limited Windows account? (Guest / non-admin account with limited abilities to save)

- Did you put Cemu in a folder where Windows might restrict saving/modifying files? (e.g. C:/Program Files/Some folder)

- Have you tried reinstalling Cemu? Or perhaps even tried an older version?

Last edited by DrDizzy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...