• Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on aureinand sysnand 10.7 and this method worked perfectly for me.
GBA VC wasn't working before, I used 3DNUS to grab the relevant file, patched it with the little standalone IPS patcher, applied it to my 3DS with FBI, and now GBA VC works.
Thanks!!

NovaShadowX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have A9LH installed on my New 3DSU with AuReiNand, I've been able to install the patched AGB_FIRM to my emuNAND, but how do I install it to my other NAND? I've tried to open Pokemon Emerald, but I just get the error to turn off power and restart.

Shadowwake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow - what did you do different than i did, and/or which nand are you playing it on? I installed the modified title to both sysnand and emunand, installed the gba game to both as well (or i thought i did anyway), and it kicks me to the black error/power off screen every time. As a side note, the icon does not appear when i installed the CIA on my sysnand. i do not have a9lh set up yet.

NovaShadowX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow - what did you do different than i did, and/or which nand are you playing it on? I installed the modified title to both sysnand and emunand, installed the gba game to both as well (or i thought i did anyway), and it kicks me to the black error/power off screen every time. As a side note, the icon does not appear when i installed the CIA on my sysnand. i do not have a9lh set up yet.

A9LH somewhat confuses me on which NAND I'm playing on, but I believe it's Sysnand. I tried to delete and reinstall the title through FBI but alas no avail.
Edit: A9LH boots into emunand

Last edited by NovaShadowX,

Hat_Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting the games to actually boot.

Install works fine, but when the games run, they just blank out to a black screen. No error, no nothing.

Install is A9LH, CakesFW on an up to date o3DS sysNAND. Installed the patch in the first post (for o3DS). Any ideas?

Figured out what my problem was - Cakes won't let the custom firmware AGB boot properly if 'survive reboots' option in CakesFW is on. I mean, it makes sense now that I think about it, it just wasn't obvious at the time.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you boot into sysNAND when using the latest version of reinand? I've tried holding B+Start from before the CtrBootManager even shows up to after the reinand splash screen disappears. I remember reading somewhere that reiNAND no longer can boot into sysnand, is that true?

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wanting to play injected gba games, However, I am also scared to install it, FBI says its already their in nand and asks to overwrite it, I am pretty sure I followed the guide proper, I patched "0004013820000202.cia" But I noticed in his guides pictures its a different cia title to the one in his readme for the n3ds, Does he just have an o3ds? Just double checking so I dont brick anything, Thanks guys!

FrankieLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon if not allowed, I'm new and wanted to ask how do play these gba games on my 3ds? I installed the patched agb firm on sysnand and emunand (they are unlinked) and same with the gba games and i still get ERROR HAS OCCURRED.

I reinstalled the old agb firm and still nothing

K0nr4d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am wanting to play injected gba games, However, I am also scared to install it, FBI says its already their in nand and asks to overwrite it, I am pretty sure I followed the guide proper, I patched "0004013820000202.cia" But I noticed in his guides pictures its a different cia title to the one in his readme for the n3ds, Does he just have an o3ds? Just double checking so I dont brick anything, Thanks guys!
He patched the cia file for the o3ds.
I guess you have a n3ds so you have to patch the 0004013820000202.cia file. The cia file with the 2 is for the n3ds.
If it asks you to overwrite it accept it and it should work but make sure to use the right cia for your system.

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He patched the cia file for the o3ds.
I guess you have a n3ds so you have to patch the 0004013820000202.cia file. The cia file with the 2 is for the n3ds.
If it asks you to overwrite it accept it and it should work but make sure to use the right cia for your system.
I did, Games still do not launch, He has a file for both new and old 3ds! I heard I need files installed in sysnand and emunand? Is this true?

K0nr4d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pardon if not allowed, I'm new and wanted to ask how do play these gba games on my 3ds? I installed the patched agb firm on sysnand and emunand (they are unlinked) and same with the gba games and i still get ERROR HAS OCCURRED.

I reinstalled the old agb firm and still nothing
Please make sure you use the right version for your system. If you have an old 3ds you have use the tool for the o3ds to patch the cia file. You also need to install the patched cia file on your NAND and not the SD card. If you use the newest version of FBI to install the cia file it should ask you if you want to overwrite the existing file, answer with yes.
If you have any questions or it still doesn't just ask.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did, Games still do not launch, He has a file for both new and old 3ds! I heard I need files installed in sysnand and emunand? Is this true?
As far as I know you just need to install it on the NAND you are using the game on but don't quote me on that.

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just doesnt work, I did it all right for my n3ds and downloaded the proper file, installed and overwrote the file you mentioned as per the readme with it, Downloaded with 3dnus and patched with the patcher, Installed with 3dnus, I am at a loss. Also fbi will not install to emunand...

Last edited by Modular511,

FrankieLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please make sure you use the right version for your system. If you have an old 3ds you have use the tool for the o3ds to patch the cia file. You also need to install the patched cia file on your NAND and not the SD card. If you use the newest version of FBI to install the cia file it should ask you if you want to overwrite the existing file, answer with yes.
If you have any questions or it still doesn't just ask.
I've done this a few times. I installed it on emunand and sysnand (theyre unlinked) and still gettin' that error screen. hope i didnt mess somethin up....

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Same thing installed patched 0004013800000202.cia on my o3ds unlinked synand and emunand via fbi and devmenu many times used rxtools 2.6/3.0/nightlies and cakes 138 but only get error message

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!