• Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here's my current situation...
modified AGB_FIRM installed on sysnand using minipasta and on emunand (a9hl) but when I attempt to run a gba vc (modified) i just get the 'hold the power button' error screen.

Any help?
Have you installed your modified gba vc on both sysnand and emunand? (patched AGB_FIRM is only needed on emunand).

drguild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spinal did you ever figure it out?

I'm having the same issue installed a cia gba vc to emunand and sysnand and the patched agb to emunand and an error has occurred trying to run the game both nands.

FRITZINATOR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I might be having a minor issue.... I am running rxtools with the ninjhax exploit. Did the 3 steps but might have a different problem. Do I need to install .cia files to the sysnand first before the emunand? I can't seem to inject the fbi into the health and safety in the sysnand. But it is working on the emunand. I have tried to install the gba.cia titles to the sysnand but nothing ever shows up there. Only in emunand do they show up. Also I have a black blank box after I loaded the '0004013800000202.cia' file, should I leave it there?

pepper-jk

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
sorry if this was asked before, I'm too lazy to read the 100 emerald search results on this thread.
Is it possible to run the Pal Park PokeTransfer Tool thingy with a virtual console emerald and an original 4th gen cardridge on my new 3ds?
I'm pretty sure it wont work, but i rly want it to. :D

drguild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I sorted my problem the op should be amended so its easier to follow.

"agb_firm" needs to installed to the nand I'm going to work out if its just emunand or both needed.

GBA Games get installed to "SD" by FBI not NAND and it appears you need to install in both syanand and emunands SD cards so you have 2 copies on your SDcard of each game unless you use ARM9loader. from what I read.

its slightly confusing in the op about the sig patcher which nand you install that on and games etc.

Hey there, I might be having a minor issue.... I am running rxtools with the ninjhax exploit. Did the 3 steps but might have a different problem. Do I need to install .cia files to the sysnand first before the emunand? I can't seem to inject the fbi into the health and safety in the sysnand. But it is working on the emunand. I have tried to install the gba.cia titles to the sysnand but nothing ever shows up there. Only in emunand do they show up. Also I have a black blank box after I loaded the '0004013800000202.cia' file, should I leave it there?

If you use something like minipasta for the sysnand in homebrew you can install FBI from FBI.

Boot homebrew from sysnand load minipasta reload homebrew use FBI to install FBI cia.

That's how I do it using the ctrlbootmanager.

No having to inject into H&S and both my H&S apps in both nands are the standard ones.

I only had to inject for my emunand to them get the hopmebrew launcher and FBI cia installed after that I injected the stock H&S again.

Sysnand I did it straight from homebrew under minipasta.

Last edited by drguild,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Quick question.
I want install and play a GBA CIA on my EmuNand, I KNOW I have to install the CIA on both EmuNand / SysNand.

But it is the same thing for the AGB Firm too?
I need to install the AGB on SysNand too, or only on the EmuNand is enough?

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question.
I want install and play a GBA CIA on my EmuNand, I KNOW I have to install the CIA on both EmuNand / SysNand.

But it is the same thing for the AGB Firm too?
I need to install the AGB on SysNand too, or only on the EmuNand is enough?
IIRC it's just emuNAND.

FRITZINATOR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sorted my problem the op should be amended so its easier to follow.

"agb_firm" needs to installed to the nand I'm going to work out if its just emunand or both needed.

GBA Games get installed to "SD" by FBI not NAND and it appears you need to install in both syanand and emunands SD cards so you have 2 copies on your SDcard of each game unless you use ARM9loader. from what I read.

its slightly confusing in the op about the sig patcher which nand you install that on and games etc.

If you use something like minipasta for the sysnand in homebrew you can install FBI from FBI.

Boot homebrew from sysnand load minipasta reload homebrew use FBI to install FBI cia.

That's how I do it using the ctrlbootmanager.

No having to inject into H&S and both my H&S apps in both nands are the standard ones.

I only had to inject for my emunand to them get the hopmebrew launcher and FBI cia installed after that I injected the stock H&S again.

Sysnand I did it straight from homebrew under minipasta.

Would having my sysnand unlinked from my emunand have anything to do with not being able to install anything from the HBL to the sysnand?

drguild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would having my sysnand unlinked from my emunand have anything to do with not being able to install anything from the HBL to the sysnand?

Nope that shouldn't have any affect.

You can't affect sysnand unless you use something like minipasta which will reboot so it applies patches to sysnand while the system is on cold reboot power cycle will clear the patches from memory.

If your nands are unlinked I assume you have this setup.

Sysnand 9.2 official
Emunand 10.x CFW aureinand etc.

Now when you boot you may use ctrbootmenu on menuhax which loads aureinand as your emunand or cakes etc and has a option for hbl.

When you boot hbl from that launcher you are mostly affecting system nand so you can run something like minipasta which will reboot your system with temporary custom patches applied allowing a custom sysnand while running under pasta until you do full reboot power cycle.

But for your purposes after running minipasta when it reboots, boot straight back to ctrlbootmenu from menuhax and then load homebrew again and from there you can use FBI to install FBI to sysnand install it to SD not nand.

You can only affect sysnand using something like minipasta and some other tools and have to boot those tools up each time you want to do something in sysnand and show custom content like FBI.

To use FBI load minipasta let it reboot into sysnand use your sysnand trigger if you have I've setup to do so and load FBI and install games from there.

Last edited by drguild,

FRITZINATOR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope that shouldn't have any affect.

You can't affect sysnand unless you use something like minipasta which will reboot so it applies patches to sysnand while the system is on cold reboot power cycle will clear the patches from memory.

If your nands are unlinked I assume you have this setup.

Sysnand 9.2 official
Emunand 10.x CFW aureinand etc.

Now when you boot you may use ctrbootmenu on menuhax which loads aureinand as your emunand or cakes etc and has a option for hbl.

When you boot hbl from that launcher you are mostly affecting system nand so you can run something like minipasta which will reboot your system with temporary custom patches applied allowing a custom sysnand while running under pasta until you do full reboot power cycle.

But for your purposes after running minipasta when it reboots, boot straight back to ctrlbootmenu from menuhax and then load homebrew again and from there you can use FBI to install FBI to sysnand install it to SD not nand.

You can only affect sysnand using something like minipasta and some other tools and have to boot those tools up each time you want to do something in sysnand and show custom content like FBI.

To use FBI load minipasta let it reboot into sysnand use your sysnand trigger if you have I've setup to do so and load FBI and install games from there.

Got it to work! So everytime I want to load a new gba file, I need to load it into the sysnand first? Load up FBI under sysnand and install the Cia's to the SD card, then do the same thing under the emunand?

Last edited by FRITZINATOR,

DaMueller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi I've run into a little problem so Im running A9LH with AuReinand (latest release, installed the dark samus patch) on a 9.2 sysnand 10.6 emunand and I cant seem to be able to Install the GBA .cia's on my sysnand and whenever I try to launch minipasta from HBL from my sysnand it refuses to launch. Is there something Im missing ? I've also tried injecting FBI in my H&S app but whenever I try to dump H&S it tells me that an error has occured :(.

Nihility

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm basically a total noob with this type of emulation, so is there any kind of step-by-step tutorial for total rookies (preferably a video tutorial)? If so, please inform me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1