• Views 625,117
  • Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

zongalito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yes you can use devmenu_2x.cia if you have it, it will automatically overwrite your current AGB_FIRM if you have one.
ok another thing, i have gateway, and i see that you need fbi (or rather, devmenu) in sysnand, and the method of transfer via network neved worked for me, i dont know why, i have the right ip addresses and my wifi is strong enough. so i'm going to instal devmenu via gateway mode on sysnand, then i'll lauch pasta cfw and use devmenu to instal the agb_firm cia, that would work? i want to know because before doing this i'm making a backup of my things

AmeenX

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
I know it works because I use the SRAM patch to get it working on my flashcard which can't support 128KB saves. The games split the save in half to keep for a backup, but as long as you're careful with saving, you should be able to play Emerald on it perfectly fine.
What about fire red it seems not working

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok another thing, i have gateway, and i see that you need fbi (or rather, devmenu) in sysnand, and the method of transfer via network neved worked for me, i dont know why, i have the right ip addresses and my wifi is strong enough. so i'm going to instal devmenu via gateway mode on sysnand, then i'll lauch pasta cfw and use devmenu to instal the agb_firm cia, that would work? i want to know because before doing this i'm making a backup of my things
Yes, that's what most people with GW do! I suggest you get a 2 GB SD for Pasta alone also. Also install FBI CIA instead of Dev Menu, it's better for this case.

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to compare the working rom and the not working rom (the one that saves and the one that doesn't) the only difference was 8 bytes at 0x00281E90
Working: CB 6C 08 83 42 00 00 00
Not Working: D0 88 8D 83 42 F5 D1 00
Anyone figure out why?

Last edited by pokemoner2500,
Reactions: AmeenX

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im good to go :) and working... i had the launcher.dat and launchergw.dat (i renamed it when i was installed fbi/bbm etc) and i had fked up somewhere along the line and had put the same launcher twice on there instead of my regular one being the pasta one. <3

we need a collection of art for this stuff. im awful at that. and have so many games i wanna convert and get art for...
link to the past...
FF tactics
Sword of mana
superstar saga.

Reactions: SLiV3R

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Yes it works, I did that on my 4.X old3ds.

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to compare the working rom and the not working rom (the one that saves and the one that doesn't) the only difference was 8 bytes at 0x00281E90
Working: CB 6C 08 83 42 00 00 00
Not Working: D0 88 8D 83 42 F5 D1 00
Anyone figure out why?
Did you try any of those patches I linked?

zongalito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yes, that's what most people with GW do! I suggest you get a 2 GB SD for Pasta alone also. Also install FBI CIA instead of Dev Menu, it's better for this case.
thanks a lot, it worked perfectly and you are right, i'd better get a 2 gb sd for my 3ds for pasta alone, because i'm getting blue screen and stuck in there, but it worked once, so i guess that's because of gateway emunand partition.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The scriptlab plugin (works sort of like a macro) for paintdotnet in limited. It can draw the purple line for the banner1 image, but not resize. I'm thinking about making a java program to auto create banners and icons for vc gba. I know java can manipulate images, and I have a decent understanding of java. I won't have much time throughout the week to work on it, plus I'm an amateur, so there is going to be a lot of trail of error. If I do somehow by pure luck be able to successfully create it, I'll make make a thread read and on that iso site. I won't make a C++ version because I suck at C++ assuming that I do take up the task. Would you guys like to see that created? If so, would you like to be my beta tester?

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got it from my own testing and from Normmatt, the support simply isn't there. It will emulate the 128KB saving, but it will not actually write it when exiting. I mean, it could be added, but I'm extremely doubtful that anyone is able to since you have to do a lot of sifting through the FIRM just to even find the relevant code (I don't even know where it is, but then again I never looked for it).

OK thanks, I was hoping it was a 'hidden feature' left in case Nintendo was going to release GBA-VC games that had this; as to a user patch it'll probably too time-consuming. I mean, once we have fullblown homebrew, a port of a GBA emulator is probably high on the list of project people will be taking on (together which such niceties as cheats, real-time-safe, etc.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning