• Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
work in gateway with emunand?

No, BUT, all you need is a 2nd SD card. I just installed FBI.cia using my gateway and transferred it over to a 2nd SD card (with Pasta,1.2.1, a special Launcher.dat --see the first post in that thread). Read here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...a-mset-4-x-old3ds.389498/page-16#post-5527060

So GW owners have a simple way to get Pasta with a simple SD card swap. Perhaps that won't even be needed soon when GW delivers, but for now it works.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The scriptlab plugin (works sort of like a macro) for paintdotnet in limited. It can draw the purple line for the banner1 image, but not resize. I'm thinking about making a java program to auto create banners and icons for vc gba. I know java can manipulate images, and I have a decent understanding of java. I won't have much time throughout the week to work on it, plus I'm an amateur, so there is going to be a lot of trail of error. If I do somehow by pure luck be able to successfully create it, I'll make make a thread read and on that iso site. I won't make a C++ version because I suck at C++ assuming that I do take up the task. Would you guys like to see that created? If so, would you like to be my beta tester?
Sure, sounds useful. Java is multiplatform too which is great, running these windows tools on my mac is a pain.

For those who like perfect banners and looking for font Nintedo using: it can be found and dumped from PS3 dev_flash, name is 'SCE-PS3-RD-L-LATIN.TTF'. Here's how it looks when rendered properly:

http://i.imgur.com/dCxx9OV.png
I found a pirate copy of that font apache thunder mentioned, don't know if there's a difference.
Can either of you share a template banner2 without writing? When I did a game earlier I just plonked a white box over the Fire Emblem title, and then discovered the background had a gradient...

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, sounds useful. Java is multiplatform too which is great, running these windows tools on my mac is a pain.

I found a pirate copy of that font apache thunder mentioned, don't know if there's a difference.
Can either of you share a template banner2 without writing? When I did a game earlier I just plonked a white box over the Fire Emblem title, and then discovered the background had a gradient...

Not either of the people in question, but here you go.

Attachments

• banner_image2_blank.png
    banner_image2_blank.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: hippy dave

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The reason why it reboots because the 3DS is in DS mode (for the GBA games as they're not emulated) and it has to reboot to get it back on 3DS mode, so I don't think it's possible to patch it like that.

Yeah, it can't be fixed as it also do the same with the original games. It's not a big deal to reload the CFW anyway, seems the bootrate of pasta is near 100%, it failed pretty rarely, less than gateway one

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I have to say,actually it is not DS mode,but GBA mode.
GBA games run on another arm7 cpu

The 3DS does not contain two Arm7 CPUs. The Arm7 it has handles both GBA and DS/DSi games. Not sure how much of a role the other CPUs have, but I can say for sure Arm9 only ever runs Process9. Arm11 might be active for DS games to some extent. I don't know. But I would imagine GBA games rely mostly on Arm7.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can say for sure Arm9 only ever runs Process9. Arm11 might be active for DS games to some extent. I don't know. But I would imagine GBA games rely mostly on Arm7.
This is totally wrong? Don't say for sure unless you're sure you're sure.
During TWL/NTR:
-ARM7 runs target platform ARM7 code
-ARM9 runs target platform ARM9 code after initializing some state stuff with LGY Process9
-ARM11 sets up GPU (for FB mapping and such), copies out some stuff for LGY P9, and waits for input in its own, in an almost completely separate world (zero awareness of ARM9 and ARM7)

AGB is about the same, except LGY P9 just ends up looping somewhere since ARM9 isn't needed after AGB boot, if I'm remembering right.

Reactions: nccom and cearp

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This is totally wrong? Don't say for sure unless you're sure you're sure.
During TWL/NTR:
-ARM7 runs target platform ARM7 code
-ARM9 runs target platform ARM9 code after initializing some state stuff with LGY Process9
-ARM11 sets up GPU (for FB mapping and such), copies out some stuff for LGY P9, and waits for input in its own, in an almost completely separate world (zero awareness of ARM9 and ARM7)

AGB is about the same, except LGY P9 just ends up looping somewhere since ARM9 isn't needed after AGB boot, if I'm remembering right.

I wonder if ARM9 is set to HALTCNT (Co-processor) (on a certain IRQ that is not triggered by a GBA Game) while ARM7 works. Because plain looping would mean wasting more CPU power, thus battery.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since this stuff is public now, here's a fun hack you can do on top of everything. Since the ARM7 runs pre-BIOS startup code in lgy-process9, you can actually control it quite early on. Because of that, it's possible to restore the original GBA boot screen by modifying AGB_FIRM.
Here's how I did it, in LGY ARM9: 000001EF -> 000026EF (just scan for this, it's unique)
This changes a SWI 0x1 (RegisterRamReset) used during boot into a SWI 0x26 (HardReboot).
Thanks for sharing this. I don't suppose you can offer any insight on importing savegames? :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O