ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

kartgarcia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4real? I thought that ur working in story translation too...=/

Hmmm...cheat codes make me remember the "Walk around towns", i've been trying to find one to use here, so now I gonna search for 2 codes xD. When I find something I gonna report u guys and Narin.

I should also say thanks for apreciate my work, but thats nothing in front of u guys, I can't even translate a word
wink.gif

I gonna wait more translates to start the game again, searching for bugs.

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kartgarcia said:
4real? I thought that ur working in story translation too...=/

Hmmm...cheat codes make me remember the "Walk around towns", i've been trying to find one to use here, so now I gonna search for 2 codes xD. When I find something I gonna report u guys and Narin.

We are working on story translation, and quest translation. Don't worry about that
smile.gif

I help with it a bit, but I'm not a translator. That's all I was saying.

Also, for the time being, be VERY careful with cheat codes as I think they may be the cause of some of the random bugs we've been seeing in saves. Cheats modify places in memory, but those places are now mostly wrong because our rom is very different than the actual one. If it writes over some important variable, when you save your game, that new data is saved too and can cause problems later on even if you stopped using the code. (This already happened to my OWN game once).

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks guys, very valuable members of GBAtemp.
smile.gif

I am not a big Ragnarok Fan but you've inspiredme to play this game once it's completed, I just don't want to keep re patching a rom

shapeshifter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
dunno if this helps but here it is anyway
I came across a crash early in the game (like old man quest, I don't remember) caused by going to different menus and going back repeatedly from one to another, but it was solved after I entered No$gba's menus and cancelled them and I continued my game normally

coolsonyeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello there just a newbie question, it seems that the cheats on exp, stats, and skills modifier don't work. and i'm getting really bummed out leveingl my character up.the only cheats that works are upgrading, merchant relation, all cards, and walking speed modifiers. anyone having the same problem??? btw i'm using edge cart. thanks!!!
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
coolsonyeh said:
hello there just a newbie question, it seems that the cheats on exp, stats, and skills modifier don't work. and i'm getting really bummed out leveingl my character up.the only cheats that works are upgrading, merchant relation, all cards, and walking speed modifiers. anyone having the same problem??? btw i'm using edge cart. thanks!!!
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

um, this really isn't the place to ask for help with cheats. but in any case, as the patches come frequently, i'm pretty sure the changes are enough for some of the cheats to point and mess with the wrong parts, which would mean they won't work.

haven't gotten around to playing this one again. i guess i'm pretty much waiting for the script translation to finish up (missed out on the entire story). no pressure here though.

keep it going guys.
smile.gif

~Blitz~

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi All...

I'm a Newbie here and this is my 1st Post after Introducing myself ..... Please to meet you all.

I'm just registered soon I've read this thread. This is what I'm looking for.
yaynds.gif

Just Finished downloaded last patch (Feb 21st 2009) and tested right away on my NDS.

After finishing an Old man Olav Quest, i'm begin with the next quest to Geffen. just headed to Prontera forest (E) and opened Quest Info.
When I closed the menu, both my screen goes blank, but the BGM music still normal.

Anyone have the same problem with me? How to solve it?

I really love to play RO. 3 years in official server in my country and past 1 year playing on private servers. Now that I can't continue playing both of them because of my work. RO DS really.. really helps me keep playing this game.

bow.gif
Thank You for your contributing make this game possible for me to understand. Since I have no clue in Japanese.
bow.gif

Regards,

~Blitz~

UchiiDaisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehm i was reading the item names one of these days and i`m not positive but well i used to play a lot of the "regular" ragnarok online on the pc and well if i remember correctly Sardonyx on the pc english version was Zardonyx and Garlet was Garnet i am not positive and those are really small stuff but i just tought that it could maybe be of some help so i posted it sorry if it is not relevant at all i really only have the best of intentions

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sardonyx was always Sardonyx when I was playing
http://ro.truesource.info/search/item/725
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardonyx

Garlet =/= Garnet
Garlet = http://ro.truesource.info/search/item/910
Garnet = http://ro.truesource.info/search/item/718

Most variances have already come up and been discussed in 'private' on the GoogleDocs long ago.

Please don't take that the wrong way, we appreciate every suggestion we get for the off chance that there is a new suggestion we have not heard or taken into consideration before. Please, continue to report any inaccuracies you think you have found. Every suggestion has the potential to improve the accuracy and quality of our project.
Though I would ask in the future that you use the BugTracker on the first page.
Keeping questions out of this thread makes them easier for us to track down and take care of as we will not have to dig through many posts to find problems.

shapeshifter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
right after the cutscene of the golden thief bug played, all the maps got messed up(kinda graininess), anybody got this too? it's possible that it could be something on my end(or an emu thing)...
WTFGRAININESS.png

it's late right now and I would dig more into it tomorrow to make sure

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shapeshifter said:
right after the cutscene of the golden thief bug played, all the maps got messed up(kinda graininess), anybody got this too? it's possible that it could be something on my end(or an emu thing)...

Its very possibly a Emu related bug. I haven't seen that happen on any of my saves yet with the GTB battles. (BTW - Am I the only one who found the GTB's little antics and emotes really cute?)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shapeshifter said:

artlan said:
Its very possibly a Emu related bug. I haven't seen that happen on any of my saves yet with the GTB battles.Agree with Artlan on this.
It's most likely a problem with your Emulator.

QUOTE(artlan @ Feb 24 2009, 07:54 PM)
(BTW - Am I the only one who found the GTB's little antics and emotes really cute?)
Yes, you are. I just wanted him to finally die

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOO Good night for progress
biggrin.gif
Well, FIXES I suppose

1st - Started new games and played all the way to the abandoned mines, without a single crash. (Didn't do pub quests yet, was testing someone's geffen quest issue.)

2nd - 100% of the Arm9 file is translated, 95% of the tower code is translated, and I found the last few lines for it. Dumped and ID'd EVERY REMAINING string from the Overlays (unless some hid from me.. but I don't think so)

3rd - Twiz and I played with a test rom using the new Log/Tower files, and got to floor 18 without a single crash or glitch.

YAY!

Now, the "bad" news is that I've found a lot more text, mainly text for the Skill Pics, but if I touch them, the game instantly crashes. Thinking it has to do with the double wide Eng font up top still. So... my next task is to fix that... again.

thebuster2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey twiztidsinz can you fix the cheat part of the game if your not too busy. I wanted ,and sure not just me, to use the max base level, stats, and job level cheats, but i can not use them. so if you just have free time that's all i'm asking
gbasp.gif

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebuster2005 said:
hey twiztidsinz can you fix the cheat part of the game if your not too busy. I wanted ,and sure not just me, to use the max base level, stats, and job level cheats, but i can not use them. so if you just have free time that's all i'm asking
gbasp.gif

Cheats will not touched at all until we're done with the translation, as otherwise they'd break again each patch. Too much stuff is changing around inside the rom right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air.