Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
twiztidsinz said:
I'm working on the 3rd patch right now....
I had hoped to get it up last night, but it didn't happen. and today doesn't look too good either... fixing one of the files (msg_skill) is requiring a LOT more work that I had initially thought -BUT- that's only because I, speaking on behalf of the team, don't want to release something that's sloppily done.

For those interested in the problem, or those who want to get a glimpse of the type of work and level of quality we are working for:
Each skill has two descriptions. The first being the 'normal' description of the skill, the second being the skills requirements in red and its description. In order for me to be happy with the file, both sets of descriptions must match and it's not always possible to use the existing description twice (due to line length/max line issues) so it's requiring me to do a re-write in two locations of the same file at once (though I have them split into two files and I'm editing them side-by-side and will rejoin them when I'm finished).
It's tedious and monotonous, but I'm hoping the end result will be worth it.

Don't worry man, you all are doing an awesome job trying to get this done, and you're fast too! Just take a break if you need and don't listen to people who just want the patch now... We all want a good patch that can satisfy us in the long run, not a mediocre work, so we can wait longer
biggrin.gif

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
caffolote said:
Why even work on the patch? The game is coming out in US and Europe in the Fall. So, can we just abandon this patch?

where have you read this? Is it sure?

Also I don't want to wait till fall, I'll start university then...
frown.gif

also I'd prefer just to see this work finished this they put all this effort into it (also it could turn out to be a better translation, something not THAT unusual)

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
caffolote said:
Why even work on the patch? The game is coming out in US and Europe in the Fall. So, can we just abandon this patch?

Good job at pulling random shit out of your ass :3

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the new patch doesn't seem to work for me whenever i put in place rom here thing it says make sure it's untrimmed or unmodified and I'm pretty sure it's not both

D

Deleted User

yeah I'm getting the same problem as the above person

Edit: Unable to patch period, I drag the fresh untrimmed rom onto the drop here bat and it gives me an error

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are you guys sure you're using the untrimmed/unpatched ROM?

Your file should look like this before it's patched:

untitled453.png

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ichigosj said:
the new patch doesn't seem to work for me whenever i put in place rom here thing it says make sure it's untrimmed or unmodified and I'm pretty sure it's not bothQUOTE(kahoshi @ Jan 12 2009, 06:56 PM) yeah I'm getting the same problem as the above person

Edit: Unable to patch period, I drag the fresh untrimmed rom onto the drop here bat and it gives me an error
Whoops.
That's my mistake again.
I was playing around with editing some of the game info and it seems that the patch I used as the unmodified file was, well, modified!.
Give me a few min to repack/reRAR/reupload and it'll be up.

D

Deleted User

it's exactly the same from the name down to the last byte

Posts merged

twiztidsinz said:
Ichigosj said:
the new patch doesn't seem to work for me whenever i put in place rom here thing it says make sure it's untrimmed or unmodified and I'm pretty sure it's not bothQUOTE(kahoshi @ Jan 12 2009, 06:56 PM) yeah I'm getting the same problem as the above person

Whoops.
That's my mistake again.
I was playing around with editing some of the game info and it seems that the patch I used as the unmodified file was, well, modified!.

oh okay! thanks for your hard work :3

Edit: so now I'm having troubles opening the download page, it just takes me to the upload page for filedropper, would it have anything to do with the fact that I downloaded from them recently?

dem0nfang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kahoshi said:

Posts merged

twiztidsinz said:
Ichigosj said:

Whoops.
That's my mistake again.

Edit: so now I'm having troubles opening the download page, it just takes me to the upload page for filedropper, would it have anything to do with the fact that I downloaded from them recently?

The download page should be working now.

D

Deleted User

dem0nfang said:
kahoshi said:

Posts merged

twiztidsinz said:
Ichigosj said:

Whoops.
That's my mistake again.

The download page should be working now.

Totally is! thanks dude
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q