Hacking R4i-B9S flashcart: tested and impression

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The NTRBoot flasher works fine, it backed up the flash from my card, but I was trying the R4 SDHC 2016 Gold Pro (one of the dual core carts I believe?) with the R$i SDHC flasher made to revert the B9S cart.

Don't use their flasher then, use the modified ntrboot_flasher from @AngelSL to write the r4i-b9s backup to it and tell us if it worked.

MiiJack

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
I'm trying to inject Boot9strap into a R4iSDHC Dual Core 2013, what do I need to "succesfully" inject it? (I have a B9s O3ds btw)

Kitlith

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kitl.pw
XP
Country
United States
Well it is r4isdhc,com (which I believe turned into a virus pop up scam or phishing site since I was redirected when I tried it after getting my flash card, which is why I used the , and not .) not the r4i-sdhc site. So it might not even be the same team.
Ahhhhhhhhh. I remember having that issue when attempting to brouse their site. r4isdhc(dot)com works fine, www(dot)r4isdhc(dot)com redirects on any page besides the homepage. And every link on r4isdhc(dot)com is to www(dot)r4isdhc(com)... I got around this by copying link location and removing the www. in front every time.
Will my backup still be able to be flashed back then? It seems like injecting FW for a possible different chipset might complicate things.
You should be able to restore your backup, as the write commands seem to be the same.
And if the write commands are not correct, then nothing should get written in the first place. But if reading worked, then writing should work.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahhhhhhhhh. I remember having that issue when attempting to brouse their site. r4isdhc(dot)com works fine, www(dot)r4isdhc(dot)com redirects on any page besides the homepage. And every link on r4isdhc(dot)com is to www(dot)r4isdhc(com)... I got around this by copying link location and removing the www. in front every time.

And if the write commands are not correct, then nothing should get written in the first place. But if reading worked, then writing should work.
Trying it now. NOR seems to read fine, I'll update this post with the results.
Update: Flashing the B9S cart image did work after all.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It reads as the B9S cart in the SDHC team's flasher but doesn't have the B9S functionality. Not sure if that's what you got. Seems to have restored with my backup, plays games, saves and loads, etc.
Nope, it just did nothing at all. Once the 32 sectors were written, the cart behaved just like it always had. Using R4i team's tool still reports the card as "unkown" (sic). I did make sure I flashed the right backup (I actually flashed both just to be sure).

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, it just did nothing at all. Once the 32 sectors were written, the cart behaved just like it always had. Using R4i team's tool still reports the card as "unkown" (sic). I did make sure I flashed the right backup (I actually flashed both just to be sure).
It only wrote 7 chunks when I tried but read as the B9S cart. Didn't do anything onn holding Power+Start+Select+X though.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only wrote 7 chunks when I tried but read as the B9S cart. Didn't do anything onn holding Power+Start+Select+X though.
Yeah, mine went through all 32 but the log just states
: writeNor: start mismatch after write for all 32. So I assume nothing was written to my card at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol