Hacking [PSA]Nintendo will not allow old Firmware users online.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One day.

9lZpJcJ.png

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because even leaving 10.3 if you're not downgrading is not a good idea due to Nintendo "attempting" to do some exploit mitigation, such as limited address randomization on 10.4 eShop.

this is of no importance though with regard to emunand fw ver? Am I missing something? I can see this logic with respect to sysnand but not emunand

LeSpaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know if this affects local play if we switch our wifi on (o3ds), like does the nag notification show up?
i didn't bother downgrading my brother's 3ds (9.9), and i am in no place to downgrade or if it soft bricks upgrading to the most recent firmware. but we have local play games sometimesc, just wondering if that nag shows up

Last edited by LeSpaz,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, well that's rough for those stuck with *hax. Even if they started pulling that crap against EmuNAND, I'd still be safe due to not playing any games online, I only play multiplayer games locally. Still, that's a dick move from Nintendo. I'd assume they already have anti-cheat systems in place, so this seems more spiteful than anything.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works on the o3ds but not the n3ds
Well I use the original 3DS so ill stick with rxTools.

Thanks for the swift response.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But I'd rather not change from rxTools if I don't have to and I'm fully aware the dev dropping support for it too.

Any rxTool users here can tell me how to check what version it is you have installed?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Has anyone confirmed what is causing the forced updates? I'm suspecting that perhaps it's that unknown cert that was added in the 10.5 update. Perhaps it's using that cert to connect now and is rejecting the old one, hence the update requirement.

Perhaps if someone can install it through a CIA manager, it might be able to restore online access in older firmwares.

Last edited by loco365,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Has anyone confirmed what is causing the forced updates? I'm suspecting that perhaps it's that unknown cert that was added in the 10.5 update. Perhaps it's using that cert to connect now and is rejecting the old one, hence the update requirement.

3DBrew doesn't have anything on it yet, so I doubt anyone really knows yet.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch to reinand or cakes.

Seriously, why the hassle of fw spoof and stuff when you can just update? Don't stick to the prehistoric rxtools. Switch cfw. It's literally done in a minute and update.

I just did actually, and went to update emunand inside reinand (I confirmed it was in reinand mode)
Now, when I try to boot emunand, I get stuck with "preparing your home screen" and then a black screen. From your tutorial thread you mentioned that it was likely an issue with menuhax, but I don't seem to have a "theme" folder inside my emunand directory. Any other thoughts?

edit: I do have an emunand backup so I'll restore it if I can't figure it out

Last edited by N64,

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Perhaps if someone can install it through a CIA manager, it might be able to restore online access in older firmwares.
Friends system-module?
http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=01-25-16_07-00-49&sys=ctr&reg=E

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just did actually, and went to update emunand inside reinand (I confirmed it was in reinand mode)
Now, when I try to boot emunand, I get stuck with "preparing your home screen" and then a black screen. From your tutorial thread you mentioned that it was likely an issue with menuhax, but I don't seem to have a "theme" folder inside my emunand directory. Any other thoughts?

edit: I do have an emunand backup so I'll restore it if I can't figure it out
A workaround can be to first update to 10.3 via Sysupdater, then see if it works, then go to 10.5. There's really no definite solution to the preparinghomemenu-blackscreen, most common issue is either menuhax, or faulty update because of wonky wifi signal or something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof