Hacking [Pre-release, WIP] Yet another rxTools?

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Mod edit:

RXTools is outdated and will not work on the latest firmware. You can use this thread as discussion on how to update an existing RXTools installation to B9S and Luma, or use the Noob Paradise thread

Features

• Language-independent graphical user interface with smooth built-in 3DS system font and progress bar with time estimation for time consuming jobs
  • JSON-based menu structure, styleable themes and language translations
  • Dynamic menu features availability (all feature prerequisites, which could be checked fast, are checked before menu rendering, disabling currently unavailable functions or submenus)
  • NAND partition structure detection (i.e. any unit with non-standard NAND and/or partition sizes, even not yet released, should work fine)
  • Refactored AES and SHA cryptographic hardware engines interfaces allows faster processing for end users and really simple operations for developers.
7C1WGsJ.png
ZfM9gbB.png
5m1tXk6.png
SUjLYat.png
JyBg1mb.png
uE6KGO0.png
3kgX12O.png
fvqy2kJ.png
7d7SeGG.png
Currently working tools
  • rxMode SysNAND/EmuNAND
  • Pasta mode
  • *NAND dump/inject complete image
  • Decrypted *NAND partition dump/inject
  • Selected files copy from/to/between CTRNAND partition and/or SD
  • SDinfo.bin/ncchinfo.bin formats XORpad generation
  • NAND partitions XORpad generation
Check detailed up to date hardware compatibility chart here https://github.com/dukesrg/rxTools/blob/master/rxtools/README.md

Installation from the scratch

Clean installation is similar to original rxTools

Upgrading existing original rxTools installation (version 3.0 do not have several files listed to delete, thats OK)
  • Delete /rxTools/data/system.json, since format is slightly changed
  • Delete /rxTools/data/font.bin
  • Delete /rxTools/theme/*.*
  • Copy contents, overwriting existing files.
Known issues and limitations
  • On first boot SD MBR partition table will be updated with the first EmuNAND properties, making many EmuNAND processing tools inoperable, though any standard partition management software will see the second partition of type 0xD3 (which is choosen for 3DS NAND partition type since not commonly used)
  • Only the first old-style GW format EmuNAND is bootable since CFW is not refactored yet
  • Several features in menu looks like enabled but actually does nothing since not refactored yet
  • No text is displayed with initial font extraction progress bar just because font is currently unavailable
  • No credits section yet :blush:
See the full list of known issues, pending enhancements and project milestones here: https://github.com/dukesrg/rxTools/issues
FAQ
Q: Why?
A: Because I can!

Q: No, seriously, rxTools is dead and there are a number of active projects to contribute.
A1: It's not dead untill no one is using it.
A2: Exactly because it's not maintened by any other for some time, I was able not only to cut and stich small parts, but completely wipe and replace with refactored whole functions or even modules.
A3: Exactly because there are a number of projects started last year with comparable features but did nothing compared with what I wanted, proposed and actually did in a mean time.

Q: Doh! Yet another one with blackjack and hooters.
A: Look A2 above and check the actual code.

Q: Your code suck!
A: Contribute or STFU!

Q: Looks awesome, can I be of any help?
A1: Propose features on a forum or even better as issues at guthub
A2: Test unchecked features of the hardware compatibility chart and report issues at github. But please don't test releases prior to beta on not hardmoded devices unless you're absolutely certain what are you doing. Even it have a simple dumb protection over flashing wrong format NAND/Partition images, real SysNAND writes needs to be checked.
A3: Grammar to check with native English in two places: strings.h and gui.json
A4: Translation to your native language in lang/*.json file from files mentioned in A3, english string as a key.
A5: Contribute with code at github!

Where to get
https://github.com/dukesrg/rxTools/releases

Special thanks
  • b1l1s and 173210 for consultations
  • Crusard for new theme backgrounds
  • arcshift, Normmatt, megazig and whoever else I forgot to mention because I lost track seeking origins of the common part of the library code used in original rxTools and most of current projects.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@duke_srg
Special thanks
  • b1l1s and 173210 for consultations
  • Crusard for new theme backgrounds
  • arcshift, Normmatt, megazig and whoever else I forgot to mention because I lost track seeking origins of the common part of the library code used in original rxTools and most of current projects.
Did you forget Roxas:O?

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@duke_srg
Did you forget Roxas:O?
How could I, he gave a first real kick for all :)
No credits section yet :blush:
Just mentioned who helped with the current work and tributed who original devs whose code is still used as the bigger half of the most current CFW and which I shamelessly refactoring ;)

Reactions: Sev501 and Madridi

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice job revising Rxtools! I think I'm gonna stay with Luma3DS for now but it's awesome that you're doing this anyway :P

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Known bugs of old tools:
- Failed at generating FAT16 XORPAD since Dec.06 2015
NAND xorpad generation completely rewritten and now could be done for any individual partition of your choice. Or you can get any partition decrypted and then write it back. Well except for TWL since I'm still missing something.

Reactions: MelonGx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative