Homebrew Homebrew app Ultrahand Overlay - The fully craft-able overlay executor

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can now use themes by the way as well as a variety of international languages (Settings menu is "+"). Lots of improvements have been added (see change logs). Documentation still needs updating, but everything has been documented within each update log.

For example:
/config/ultrahand/theme.ini
INI:
[theme]
clock_color = #1cfc45
battery_color = #ffff45
text_color = #73bbff
trackbar_color = #f7253e
highlight_color_1 = #1efc22
highlight_color_2 = #73bbff

IMG_4885.JPG

Post automatically merged:

I still need help with some of the translations. Some languages are just missing completely from my Switch's font from what I can tell (Korean). Others just are rough and haven't been updated.

Last edited by ppkantorski,

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'd like to try out different overclock settings for Skyrim, let's say one for each possible triple of values (without going below stock clocks). I don't know if I can do this on the fly (i.e. without closing the game), I tried using both the sys-clk overlay and sys-clk-manager but Atmosphere crashes as soon as I change a clock and resume the game. This could be related to how big my config.ini file for sys-clk is, as it is basically a repository of all presets I could find (for all games).
With this in mind, here's how I would do it. Let me know if I'm missing something please.
Code:
;creator='SkullHex2'
;version=0.0.1
;about='This package was designed to test different overclock configurations for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.'
;color=red

[@Settings]

[First preset]
copy /config/sys-clk/config.ini /config/sys-clk/config.ini.bak  ; Backup current config
set-ini-val /config/sys-clk/config.ini [01000A10041EA000] handheld_cpu 1326
set-ini-val /config/sys-clk/config.ini [01000A10041EA000] handheld_gpu 384
set-ini-val /config/sys-clk/config.ini [01000A10041EA000] handheld_mem 1331

[Second preset]
copy /config/sys-clk/config.ini /config/sys-clk/config.ini.bak  ; Backup current config
set-ini-val /config/sys-clk/config.ini [01000A10041EA000] handheld_cpu 1224
set-ini-val /config/sys-clk/config.ini [01000A10041EA000] handheld_gpu 460

[Third preset]
…

[Tools]
[Package Info]
For the issue I mentioned above, it would be useful to create an empty config.ini after backing up the current one: is this possible? Unfortunately, even if it were, the backup would be overwritten by a basically empty file as soon as I try a different preset than the currently selected one. So maybe it is best if I make a manual backup instead.
P.S. I just noticed you can use separate sections to backup config.ini, and you actually do this in OC Toolkit. That makes way more sense, even though I still have to be careful not to run it more than once or the original backup would be overwritten. I'll try adding it later, but in the meanwhile do you see anything wrong with what I wrote? (And the way I wrote it, I don't know if I need to use specific symbols to delimit key, values, and so on)

-- Edit
Scratch that, Atmosphere keeps crashing even if config.ini only contains three entries. Guess it's normal for some games.
I have a couple of questions: why did you deprecate the Broomstick package?
Can you add touch controls to the main overlay? Tapping does not seem to work, for instance to exit the overlay or access some overlay/package.

Last edited by SkullHex2,
Reactions: ppkantorski

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'd like to try out different overclock settings for Skyrim, let's say one for each possible triple of values (without going below stock clocks). I don't know if I can do this on the fly (i.e. without closing the game), I tried using both the sys-clk overlay and sys-clk-manager but Atmosphere crashes as soon as I change a clock and resume the game. This could be related to how big my config.ini file for sys-clk is, as it is basically a repository of all presets I could find (for all games).
With this in mind, here's how I would do it. Let me know if I'm missing something please.
Code:
;creator='SkullHex2'
;version=0.0.1
;about='This package was designed to test different overclock configurations for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.'
;color=red

[@Settings]

[First preset]
set-ini-val /config/sys-clk/config.ini [01000A10041EA000] handheld_cpu 1326
set-ini-val /config/sys-clk/config.ini [01000A10041EA000] handheld_gpu 384

[Second preset]
set-ini-val /config/sys-clk/config.ini [01000A10041EA000] handheld_cpu 1224
set-ini-val /config/sys-clk/config.ini [01000A10041EA000] handheld_gpu 460

[Third preset]
…

[Tools]
[Package Info]
For the issue I mentioned above, it would be useful to create an empty config.ini after backing up the current one: is this possible? Unfortunately, even if it were, the backup would be overwritten by a basically empty file as soon as I try a different preset than the currently selected one. So maybe it is best if I make a manual backup instead.
P.S. I just noticed you can use separate sections to backup config.ini, and you actually do this in OC Toolkit. That makes way more sense, even though I still have to be careful not to run it more than once or the original backup would be overwritten. I'll try adding it later, but in the meanwhile do you see anything wrong with what I wrote? (And the way I wrote it, I don't know if I need to use specific symbols to delimit key, values, and so on)

-- Edit
Scratch that, Atmosphere keeps crashing even if config.ini only contains three entries. Guess it's normal for some games.
I have a couple of questions: why did you deprecate the Broomstick package?
Can you add touch controls to the main overlay? Tapping does not seem to work, for instance to exit the overlay or access some overlay/package.
Press Y on top of an overlay / package and you can hide / sort them. Because of this broomstick is unnecessary now. As for touch, it works for scrolling, but not interactions right now. I need to make some modifications to get touch functioning without any bugs, but it is something i am looking back into.

By the way, it should look more like
Code:
set-ini-val /config/sys-clk/config.ini 01000A10041EA000 handheld_cpu 1326

Reactions: SkullHex2

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press Y on top of an overlay / package and you can hide / sort them. Because of this broomstick is unnecessary now. As for touch, it works for scrolling, but not interactions right now. I need to make some modifications to get touch functioning without any bugs, but it is something i am looking back into.

By the way, it should look more like
Code:
set-ini-val /config/sys-clk/config.ini 01000A10041EA000 handheld_cpu 1326
Yeah I figured you deprecated Broomstick because you added the option to hide overlays. But does hiding also prevent them from loading?

Thanks for the correction and for the infos about touch support c:

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I figured you deprecated Broomstick because you added the option to hide overlays. But does hiding also prevent them from loading?

Thanks for the correction and for the infos about touch support c:
yes. hiding prevents them from loading. they are only loaded as menu items when visible on the menu, then only loaded in memory when opened.

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get to this settings page?

View attachment 401860
Hers's a list of some key functions.

PLUS / + on main menu = Settings Menu
Y on overlay / package = Overlay / Package Settings Menu
X on overlay / package = Star overlay / package
MINUS / - on command = Script Overlay (mode to view and execute individual lines within an Ultrahand command).

I will try to make this a bit more clear over time since I'm sure others have not read all the change logs.

ccarr6257

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hers's a list of some key functions.

PLUS / + on main menu = Settings Menu
Y on overlay / package = Overlay / Package Settings Menu
X on overlay / package = Star overlay / package
MINUS / - on command = Script Overlay (mode to view and execute individual lines within an Ultrahand command).

I will try to make this a bit more clear over time since I'm sure others have not read all the change logs.
i would like to add a stock button where the reboot and shut down ar in commands. for my stock button currently studious pancake is reading my hekate ipl. is there a way we can add a stock button in with commands whether thats it reading my hekate ipl or as a button itself so i can delete the studious overlay as its annoying not being able to use stock button where the others are. i only ever use 2 overlas currently one is sys patch and other is studious so i dont really have the need for the overlays page fully.

I am on a mariko switch also

edit: all done now got stock option

Attachments

• 2023112417542900-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D[2].jpg
    2023112417542900-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D[2].jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by ccarr6257,

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ultrahand Overlay (HOS 16.0.0+)

platform language CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0 License Downloads

Create directories, manage files, and customize configurations effortlessly using simple ini files.

View attachment 400949

Ultrahand Overlay is a Tesla Menu replacement built from the ground up off of libtesla that provides powerful C/C++ commands through the usage of its own custom interpretive programming language (similar to Shell/BASH). It is a versatile tool that enables you to create and share custom command-based packages, providing enhanced functionality for managing files and directories on your SD card.

With Ultrahand, you have the flexibility to customize and shape your file management system according to your needs, empowering you with greater control over your system configurations.

Features​

Ultrahand is a Tesla overlay that provides powerful functionality for managing files and directories on an SD card. It offers the following features:
  • Create Directories:
    • Effortlessly create directories on your SD card by specifying the directory path. Ultrahand will handle the creation process for you.
  • Copy Files or Directories:
    • Easily copy files or directories from one location to another on your SD card. Just provide the source and destination paths, and Ultrahand will seamlessly handle the copying process.
  • Delete Files or Directories:
    • Simplify file and directory deletion on your SD card. By specifying the path of the file or directory you want to delete, Ultrahand promptly removes it, making the deletion process hassle-free.
  • Move Files or Directories:
    • Seamlessly move files or directories between locations on your SD card. Provide the source path and the destination directory path, and Ultrahand takes care of the moving process, ensuring smooth relocation.
  • Modify INI Files:
    • Edit INI files on your SD card with ease. Take full control over your configurations by updating existing key-value pairs, adding new entries, or creating new sections within the INI file using Ultrahand. Customize and tailor your INI files effortlessly through its intuitive interface.
  • Hex Edit Files:
    • Perform hexadecimal editing of files on your SD card. Edit the binary data directly, allowing for precise control over your data. Ultrahand's Hex Edit Files feature enables you to analyze, modify, and customize files in their raw form.
  • Download Files:
    • Download files to your SD card with ease. Efficiently retrieve files from repositories or URLS to your desired location. Whether you need to download / update projects or transfer files between locations, this feature simplifies the process, making repository management a breeze.
  • Unzip Files:
    • Extract compressed zip files on your SD card by unzip archived files, preserving their original structure. Whether you have downloaded zip archives or received compressed files, this command simplifies the process of extracting them, making it effortless to access the contents within.

Getting Started​

Nintendo Switch Compatibility​

To run Ultrahand Overlay on the Nintendo Switch, you need to have the necessary homebrew environment set up on your console running HOS 16.0.0+. Once you have the homebrew environment set up, you can transfer the compiled .ovl to your Switch and launch it using your old Tesla Menu hotkeys.

Please note that running homebrew software on your Nintendo Switch may void your warranty and can carry certain risks. Ensure that you understand the implications and follow the appropriate guidelines and precautions when using homebrew software.

Usage​

To use Ultrahand, follow these steps:
  1. Download and install the latest nxovloader.
  2. Download the latest Ultrahand ovlmenu.ovl and place it within `/switch/.overlays/`.
    • WARNING: This will overwrite Tesla Menu if already installed.
  3. After installing Ultrahand Overlay, a new folder named `ultrahand` will be created within the root config folder on your SD card (`/config/ultrahand/`) along with a `config.ini` file containing various Ultrahand settings.
  4. Launch Ultrahand similarly to Tesla Menu with your specified hotkey. A new folder will be made (`/switch/.packages/`) with a preset `config.ini` file for your base menu commands.
  5. Place your custom config.ini package file in the Ultrahand package directory (`/switch/.packages/YOUR_PACKAGE/`). This file will contains the commands for your custom Ultrahand package.
  6. Your commands will now show up on the packages menu within Ultrahand. You can click A to execute any command as well as click X to view/execute the individual command lines written in the ini for execution.
For additional assistance with custom packages, feel free to checkout the Ultrahand Overlay Wiki.

Compilation Prerequisites​

To compile and run the software, you need to have the following C/C++ dependencies installed:

Contributing​

Contributions are welcome! If you have any ideas, suggestions, or bug reports, please create an issue or submit a pull request.

License​

This project is licensed under the CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 License.

https://github.com/ppkantorski/Ultrahand-Overlay

I'm sure users will create some really cool things with the configurable .ini in time. I've created a number of example packages on the GitHub you can try out. Be sure to check the commands before running to make sure that they make sense to you.

What we really want is a way to reload cheat files on-the-fly without having to reboot :cry:

Reactions: annieraccoon

NotUsingAnAltAccount

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
@b0rd2dEAth4 Hi and thank you for the overlay, it replaced my tesla. I have a few questions:

- Would it be possible to add rename module names in options? Would it be a difficult thing to do?
- Would it be possible to move reboot and shutdown options to the main menu? Maybe complete replacement of Studious-Pancake module? (Android/Linux/Reboot to UMS entries)

Also:

datetime_format = '%a %T' doesn't recognize space (it ignores it) if you'd want to replace values to for example the ones that I'm using:

datetime_format = '%e/%m/%Y %H:%M'

I had to enter white space and only then it works.

i would like to add a stock button where the reboot and shut down ar in commands. for my stock button currently studious pancake is reading my hekate ipl. is there a way we can add a stock button in with commands whether thats it reading my hekate ipl or as a button itself so i can delete the studious overlay as its annoying not being able to use stock button where the others are. i only ever use 2 overlas currently one is sys patch and other is studious so i dont really have the need for the overlays page fully.

I am on a mariko switch also

edit: all done now got stock option
Could you please share it? This is exactly what I'm looking for!

I also noticed that there's no Polish translation, so I made it. Sorry, I don't have a GitHub account so I'm attaching it here.

Attachments

• pl.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by NotUsingAnAltAccount,
Reactions: ppkantorski

ccarr6257

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@b0rd2dEAth4 Hi and thank you for the overlay, it replaced my tesla. I have a few questions:

- Would it be possible to add rename module names in options? Would it be a difficult thing to do?
- Would it be possible to move reboot and shutdown options to the main menu? Maybe complete replacement of Studious-Pancake module? (Android/Linux/Reboot to UMS entries)

Also:

datetime_format = '%a %T' doesn't recognize space (it ignores it) if you'd want to replace values to for example the ones that I'm using:

I also noticed that there's no Polish translation, so I made it. Sorry, I don't have a GitHub account so I'm attaching it here.
I will post the text when I get home from work. It was relatively easy to set up once I knew how tbh

Also:

here is the exact text you need - open your switch folder on sd card, then pakcages folder and then the package.ini and paste this text in and same it thats it done - you will now have hekate, shutdown, stock and ums in your ultra menu on the packages screen - if you want to make sure these show when you first open the ultra menu like i have then you just change the option in the config folder to open packages menu first.

[Hekate]
reboot

[Shutdown]
shutdown

[Stock]
reboot boot Stock

[UMS]
reboot UMS

Last edited by ccarr6257,

Insan1ty_0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue getting this to work on AMS 1.6.2 with firmware 17.0.1. According to the installation guide "After installing Ultrahand Overlay, a new folder named 'ultrahand' will be created within the root config folder on your SD card (/config/ultrahand/) along with a 'config.ini' file containing various Ultrahand settings."

The /config/ultrahand/config.ini folder structure and file is not being created at all. @b0rd2dEAth4 could you please upload the stock config.ini for ultrahand so that we can create the directory ourselves? Otherwise it isn't possible to complete the installation on AMS 1.6.2 / FW 17.0.1.

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue getting this to work on AMS 1.6.2 with firmware 17.0.1. According to the installation guide "After installing Ultrahand Overlay, a new folder named 'ultrahand' will be created within the root config folder on your SD card (/config/ultrahand/) along with a 'config.ini' file containing various Ultrahand settings."

The /config/ultrahand/config.ini folder structure and file is not being created at all. @b0rd2dEAth4 could you please upload the stock config.ini for ultrahand so that we can create the directory ourselves? Otherwise it isn't possible to complete the installation on AMS 1.6.2 / FW 17.0.1.
Sorry for the confusion. You need to launch Ultrahand Overlay for it to generate the config.ini. You can do that with ZL+ZR+DDOWN or with your Tesla combo in the Tesla config.ini, or with the default Tesla combo. Which ever you click first is what it will assume moving forward as your default hotkey. It will be generated after being launched once. Most settings are configurable from the settings menu on Ultrahand (plus on main menu) so you’ll never really have to maintain the config.ini yourself.

Reactions: impeeza

NotUsingAnAltAccount

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
@b0rd2dEAth4 When setting in config:

default_menu = packages

Calling ultrahand by pressing key combo and then pressing left arrow (to go to overlays), ultrahand disappears and you have to press key combo again (then in starts in overlays).

Rostovtzeff

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is it possible to change the font size in the overlay or is that constrianed by the system font size? i'm using a custom font that looks good everywhere except the overlay where it is too large and the text is unreadable

is it possible to change the font size in the overlay or is that constrianed by the system font size? i'm using a custom font that looks good everywhere except the overlay where it is too large and the text is unreadable

johw

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will post the text when I get home from work. It was relatively easy to set up once I knew how tbh

here is the exact text you need - open your switch folder on sd card, then pakcages folder and then the package.ini and paste this text in and same it thats it done - you will now have hekate, shutdown, stock and ums in your ultra menu on the packages screen - if you want to make sure these show when you first open the ultra menu like i have then you just change the option in the config folder to open packages menu first.

[Hekate]
reboot

[Shutdown]
shutdown

[Stock]
reboot boot Stock

[UMS]
reboot UMS
thanks for the tip

Last edited by johw,

ccarr6257

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One more thing. About UMS: remember to connect your cable to the PC and Switch before choosing it, otherwise it won't work/will timeout and you'll have to do it manually in Hekate.
mine works just fine before connecting wire - i always boot ums and then connect wire never connect it before hand and it just works fine - make sure your ums is correct as in the config

Reactions: johw and impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
mine works just fine before connecting wire - i always boot ums and then connect wire never connect it before hand and it just works fine - make sure your ums is correct as in the config
For me even the timeout is very long, sometimes I use studios pancake to reboot the console to UMS and if is an error you have to wait long time to timeout.

Reactions: johw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?