Hacking [Pre-release, WIP] Yet another rxTools?

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish we could have two separate CFW's on one sd card for Emunand and Sysnand. For example lets say I have Emunand and I want to use this new rxtools on it, but on Sysnand I want to run Luma3ds.

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I wish we could have two separate CFW's on one sd card for Emunand and Sysnand. For example lets say I have Emunand and I want to use this new rxtools on it, but on Sysnand I want to run Luma3ds.
I hope rxTools CFW will get a customizeable patching profiles so you won't need to have several CFWs. Just will boot the exact patching profile on choosen SysNAND or one of the available EmuNANDs by selecting it in the menu or by holding button combination predefined in settings for that profile.

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So in other words the rxtools menu would allow the users to choose if they want to run on either Emunand or Sysnand?
Well, that was actually working on the classic one and improved with button override with this release. Now you can:
- choose in Boot menu to start either rxMode Emunand, rxMode Sysnand or Pasta mode explicitly
- select in Settings menu to start one of those modes automatically on boot or show GUI by default
- select in Settings menu the button for each of those modes and GUI to forced start overriding the default one

Ideally there will be not just 3 predefined modes but virtually unlimited number of customizeable profiles with Cakes-like patches selection as well as NAND and override button conbination selection for each profile.

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
rxtools 3.0 b2 these files are not present there seem to be differences in the construction
That was for 2.6+ classic rxTools, will add a note about 3.x CFW in instruction. Only system.json could interfere, the rest in simple of no use in this build

Last edited by duke_srg,

oresterosso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dsitaly.it
XP
Country
Italy
then we are facing a new rxtools?
rxTools 2.6 blackjack?
We have to see if this works with EMUnand 11
rxtools 3.0 has been abandoned?
I thought that this was an upgrade, instead're revisiting an old project like the 2.6:unsure::wacko:
forgive my poor English :)

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
then we are facing a new rxtools?
rxTools 2.6 blackjack?
We have to see if this works with EMUnand 11
rxtools 3.0 has been abandoned?
I'm revising the *tools part for now. In 3.0 tools was removed, so it was forked just before 3.0 changes. See the roadmap i nhead post, CFW part will be revised after all tools or if anyone capable of doing this in fast and reliable way will join in and add this in parallel. I don't wish this to be a one-man project, but at the same time won't propose any 1st line devs to join unless beta phase is reached when all tools is working and GUI polished.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm revising the *tools part for now. In 3.0 tools was removed, so it was forked just before 3.0 changes. See the roadmap i nhead post, CFW part will be revised after all tools or if anyone capable of doing this in fast and reliable way will join in and add this in parallel. I don't wish this to be a one-man project, but at the same time won't propose any 1st line devs to join unless beta phase is reached when all tools is working and GUI polished.

Will you add new functions like decrypt9 and emunand9 or just work on the old ones? I think a format new emunand option would be great.

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Will you add new functions like decrypt9 and emunand9 or just work on the old ones? I think a format new emunand option would be great.
Any function may be added, just after the existing old is revised. Or at the same time with the old, since unification is done. For example, refactored NAND partition detection allowed simple multi-emunand any partition dump/restore/xorpad feature to be added just with a simple gui.json edit with no code change at all (working now). Or TMD-based NUS application check allowed to automatically detect needed MSET/H&S app to inject - the actual injection feature is WIP but you can see in Advanced->Install MSET4 only your region package will be enabled (needs /nus/000400100002?000/tmd.* and actual application content to be placed there, but one could download full pack of DG packages and don't care which is for what region).
So just point me on exact features not exist in rxTools now and you need to have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2