• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The solution is simple, then. You're not allowed to go out in public. These people aren't responsible for you and people like you coughing on them and spreading the virus, so if you refuse to wear a mask and do anything preventative since it's "not your responsibility", you can't go in public anymore. Done. Next.
If I felt sick, I'd stay home regardless.
Nobody said anything about using the bathroom. Are you going to wash your hands every single time you cough into them? I highly doubt it.
I don't touch my elbow to other things.
A mask doesn't prevent you from breathing, and by not wearing one and spreading this disease THAT LITERALLY FUCKING DROWNS YOU, you're stepping on other peoples' supposed freedom to breathe.
I don't feel like I have COVID.
Your mother is also a fool, and it's a shame you believe she's so infallible that you won't question her ignorance. Doctors and scientists disagree with her, and I'm pretty sure they're a bit more credible than some middle-class suburbanite who's such a lunatic that they homeschool their child with absolute disregard toward the social ramifications. Sorry bruh, but you're being raised by a wingnut fundamentalist. I just hope one day you reach an age of reason and learn how to question things.
I speak out against my parents. They don't like the mask mandate, but they comply without question. I ended up pointing out the hypocrisy and it backfired on me when they said we would stop pirating stuff.
Also, in regard to your screenshot that I can't bring myself to quote, that doesn't prove that Sweden did "nothing" to reach that point. That's what I'm obviously calling a lie.
What did they do?

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir, what is getting worse exactly? Please elaborate, (this statement is broad).

Also, please consider my view that private investment capital has been instrumental in achieving our current path to clean energy.
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/...ns?tab=chart&time=earliest..2017&country=~USA

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't touch my elbow to other things.

I don't feel like I have COVID.

I speak out against my parents. They don't like the mask mandate, but they comply without question. I ended up pointing out the hypocrisy and it backfired on me when they said we would stop pirating stuff.

What did they do?
Fact check: You can have and spread COVID-19 without feeling like you have COVID-19.

Reactions: IncredulousP

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Except you could be asymptomatic, which is very likely due to your age. So, what you're telling me is that you don't care if someone else dies just because you felt fine and didn't feel it necessary to consider their life by taking preventative measures. What happens when one of your parents get this and choke in their sleep? Oh well? I'm sure you won't feel the least bit sad or upset by their entirely preventable demise.
So, by contradicting them, they threatened to cut you off from stealing shit? My god, what a morally reprehensible family you have there. "That's it! You gotta spend money like everyone else does!" I seriously feel like I'm being trolled, but if you really are homeschooled, this is what I meant about the social ramifications of such. Rather than receive your morals from the general public and your peers like healthy kids do, your parents are morally bankrupting you. I can't believe you consider being cut off from theft a punishment. You exude all the traits of a sociopath, and you've got your parents to thank.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trump wasn't a disaster and he's done so much good with the evil Liberals and Liberal Main Stream media attacking him. I can't help it you fall in line to the programming and can't open your eyes to the truth.

Liberals aren't evil, you've been listening too much to the lies of Qanon and Trump.

Even Republicans aren't putting up with Trump now, it's really only the blind faithful that listen to a word he says.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except you could be asymptomatic, which is very likely due to your age. So, what you're telling me is that you don't care if someone else dies just because you felt fine and didn't feel it necessary to consider their life by taking preventative measures. What happens when one of your parents get this and choke in their sleep? Oh well? I'm sure you won't feel the least bit sad or upset by their entirely preventable demise.

So, by contradicting them, they threatened to cut you off from stealing shit? My god, what a morally reprehensible family you have there. "That's it! You gotta spend money like everyone else does!" I seriously feel like I'm being trolled, but if you really are homeschooled, this is what I meant about the social ramifications of such. Rather than receive your morals from the general public and your peers like healthy kids do, your parents are morally bankrupting you. I can't believe you consider being cut off from theft a punishment. You exude all the traits of a sociopath, and you've got your parents to thank.
He admitted weeks or months ago that he doesn't care if people die when they're "strangers." There's no use debating someone who doesn't value human life.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fact check: You can have and spread COVID-19 without feeling like you have COVID-19.
Y'all two need some evidence.
Piracy is copyright infringement, not theft.
He admitted weeks or months ago that he doesn't care if people die when they're "strangers." There's no use debating someone who doesn't value human life.
Give me liberty or give me death.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-1595_article

It's still illegal and immoral.

Give me liberty or give me death.
You're foolishly comparing the tyrannical oppression of the Revolutionary War with not wanting to wear a cloth mask because it's, like, uncomfortable or something, when doing so will protect you and others from a deadly pandemic. Mindlessly parroting a quote you think sounds patriotic doesn't mean you've done anything to support your point.

Sounds kinda racist. Or at least of the same thought process as racism.
I suggest you learn what racism is.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
That's not how the burden of proof works. What we said is objectively true and has been proven undeniably. But here you go, something from today.
https://www.livescience.com/woman-sheds-infectious-coronavirus-70-days.html
The 15 year old copyright lawyer here to argue the DMCA. Piracy is theft, sorry. And regardless of how you classify it, it's still not a justifiable action. I really don't understand how you think this is a counter-argument.
Sounds kinda racist. Or at least of the same thought process as racism.
Yeah. Thank fuck most people can interpret context.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not how the burden of proof works. What we said is objectively true and has been proven undeniably. But here you go, something from today.
https://www.livescience.com/woman-sheds-infectious-coronavirus-70-days.html

The 15 year old copyright lawyer here to argue the DMCA. Piracy is theft, sorry. And regardless of how you classify it, it's still not a justifiable action. I really don't understand how you think this is a counter-argument.

Yeah. Thank fuck most people can interpret context.
Legally, piracy isn't actually theft. It is, however, illegal and immoral nonetheless.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read it again. "Or at least of the same thought process as racism."

"you people" is the classic tell
I read it. You shouldn't have typed it, because there's nothing about the statement that is "racist or of the same thought process as racism."

"You people" is not racist unless there's racist context.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Legally, piracy isn't actually theft. It is, however, illegal and immoral nonetheless.
I see this argument a lot, but it's still taking (or receiving) something that doesn't belong to you. I know the "imagine your car was stolen but it was still in your driveway the next morning" argument, too. That's still theft. It doesn't become copyright infringement until the material is used for unlicensed monetary gain. I argue against this notion wholeheartedly because copyright lawyers use it all the time to extort people out of tens of thousands of dollars in supposed lost revenue, when the person being charged didn't cause nearly the level of made up damage. This is the problem with the DMCA and intangible property. Lawyers who defend it can come up with any arbitrary number to represent loss under copyright, but it's just not true at all. I can use the inverse of the same above argument and say that car manufacturers and dealerships don't sue for copyright when someone steals a car, so why would any court consider car theft infringement?

"you people" is the classic tell
Again, thank fuck most people can interpret context. That's sort of the determining factor here. I'm sorry that just flies over your head, but you're making an incredibly stupid strawman just to try to snipe at me.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the Coronavirus is evolving. Who knows, maybe it lost that ability in exchange for bypassing masks.
It's still illegal and immoral.
Illegal? Yes. Immoral? That's debatable.[/quote]
You're foolishly comparing the tyrannical oppression of the Revolutionary War with not wanting to wear a cloth mask because it's, like, uncomfortable or something, when doing so will protect you and others from a deadly pandemic. Mindlessly parroting a quote you think sounds patriotic doesn't mean you've done anything to support your point.
Tyranny is what is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see this argument a lot, but it's still taking (or receiving) something that doesn't belong to you. I know the "imagine your car was stolen but it was still in your driveway the next morning" argument, too. That's still theft. It doesn't become copyright infringement until the material is used for unlicensed monetary gain. I argue against this notion wholeheartedly because copyright lawyers use it all the time to extort people out of tens of thousands of dollars in supposed lost revenue, when the person being charged didn't cause nearly the level of made up damage. This is the problem with the DMCA and intangible property. Lawyers who defend it can come up with any arbitrary number to represent loss under copyright, but it's just not true at all. I can use the inverse of the same above argument and say that car manufacturers and dealerships don't sue for copyright when someone steals a car, so why would any court consider car theft infringement?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Again, thank fuck most people can interpret context. That's sort of the determining factor here. I'm sorry that just flies over your head, but you're making an incredibly stupid strawman just to try to snipe at me.
You don't seem to understand. The law is very specific about what is and is not larceny, and piracy is not larceny by definition. That's not an argument that piracy is good, bad, better, worse, etc. It's just a fact that it's not larceny. I already said it's immoral and illegal.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read it. You shouldn't have typed it, because there's nothing about the statement that is "racist or of the same thought process as racism."

"You people" is not racist unless there's racist context.

I never said it was racist, now did I? This is where you're being obtuse, or illiterate. Because I said it "seems kinda racist. Or at least of the same thought process" I never said it was actually racist, but that @Joom is of the same simple-minded ilk that dehumanizes whole swaths of peoples based on them not being on his side or not behaving as he would have them behave.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I never said it was racist, now did I? This is where you're being obtuse, or illiterate. Because I said it "seems kinda racist. Or at least of the same thought process" I never said it was actually racist, but that @Joom is of the same simple-minded ilk that dehumanized whole swaths of peoples based on them not behaving as he would have them behave.
Your strawman got shot dead. Just drop it. I feel embarrassed for how hard you're trying here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.