• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a problem that is getting worse in the US, not better.
Sir, what is getting worse exactly? Please elaborate, (this statement is broad).

Also, please consider my view that private investment capital has been instrumental in achieving our current path to clean energy.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Sir, what is getting worse exactly? Please elaborate, (this statement is broad).

Also, please consider my view that private investment capital has been instrumental in achieving our current path to clean energy.
He means climate change, obviously. I mean, the west coast being on fire and the southeast being pummeled by hurricanes is one example. Trump disbanded the EPA so he could pass environmentally dangerous laws for corporations. He touted wind energy to be too dangerous for birds, but lifted the protections for birds that prevent them from falling into chemical vats. All the while, we have oil lobbyists who continue to dump millions into congress to prevent clean energy from being a thing because oil is too lucrative for them. This by proxy convinces a large portion of the population that climate change doesn't exist and renewable energy is just a dangerous pipe dream.

Reactions: IncredulousP

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the problems here is the use of the word "freedom", which is far too general a concept for meaningful discussion. "Liberty" is the preferred term, since it is a concept of freedom that involves both the individual and the rule of law.

Ah, Semantics! (yes I am aware), but a necessary distinction, I'm sure you would agree!

The terminology can be changed. I'm fine with that. But my opinion stays the same. :)

Reactions: 0x3000027E

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/joe-biden-2020-election-night-speech-transcript
"Your patience is commendable. We knew this was going to go long, but who knew we’re going to go into maybe tomorrow morning, maybe even longer. But look, we feel good about where we are. We really do. I’m here to tell you tonight, we believe we’re on track to win this election. We knew because of the unprecedented early vote and the mail-in vote it was going to take a while. We’re going to have to be patient until the hard work of tallying the votes is finished. And it ain’t over until every vote is counted, every ballot is counted."
again false.
Do you ever check anything you say?

A few days ago Biden got in front of cameras saying he think he's going to win the election. I checked over 20 sites and watched the video.

Hold on. HOLD THE FUCK ON
are you seriously moving the bar from
"you source nothing but pro left sources" to "The specific articles you are linking is pro left, therefore is wrong, even though it's on a FAR right wing media outlet"
holy crap the moving is real.

Nope, I meant Left leaning "content" when I wrote my original statement. I'll clarify, he posts nothing, but content that aligns to the left. I also had no idea he had linked to Foxnews, because I don't read every one of his posts. I would by lying if I claimed he never linked to Foxnews and knew he did, but since I didn't know that's not a lie because I never meant to deceive anybody.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well it looks like he's going to have four years to prove you wrong.

Trump is a disaster, some say the biggest disaster. It's sad that some people do listen to him and have let him steal america. He had less votes than Hilary & a small inauguration crowd

I really hope Biden doesn't turn the entire country into one big cesspool, but that's exactly what the type of policies that have been implemented in current cesspools that made them cesspools ... the same ones he's going to put the entire country under. I hope that doesn't happen.

Trump wasn't a disaster and he's done so much good with the evil Liberals and Liberal Main Stream media attacking him. I can't help it you fall in line to the programming and can't open your eyes to the truth.

Last edited by gregory-samba,

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He means climate change, obviously. I mean, the west coast being on fire and the southeast being pummeled by hurricanes is one example. Trump disbanded the EPA so he could pass environmentally dangerous laws for corporations. He touted wind energy to be too dangerous for birds, but lifted the protections for birds that prevent them from falling into chemical vats. All the while, we have oil lobbyists who continue to dump millions into congress to prevent clean energy from being a thing because oil is too lucrative for them. This by proxy convinces a large portion of the population that climate change doesn't exist and renewable energy is just a dangerous pipe dream.
Ah, sir, he certainly cannot mean climate change, since that is a global issue, of course. In any case, he will reply an explaination, I'm sure.

I have trouble replying to the rest of your statement, since it is another debate entirely, and one I am frankly not interested in. Our discussion here is mainly focused in US investment in clean/alternative energy, and the impact of private and public investments, and the progress we have made thus far.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah, sir, he certainly cannot mean climate change, since that is a global issue, of course. In any case, he will reply an explaination, I'm sure.
Sure, but America also isn't the globe. Other countries have themselves to handle climate change. The US itself isn't doing anything to help itself or the rest of the world, yet we're one of the leading contributors per capita. Behind China and India, we're the worst polluter on the planet when you take our population into consideration compared to the former two countries.
I have trouble replying to the rest of your statement, since it is another debate entirely
Mm, no, it's relevant. When the government says we can't have clean energy because "x", but then totally disregards "x" for burning fossil fuels, that kinda ties in with "what do we do about climate change and clean energy".

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
if it's really a tweet made and not remove from be tweeter
it proves it is not neutralized what i said
trump we remove everything because no proof but they we leave for them and also this article without proof
It just pulls it into perspective. But you are correct. It doesnt disprove what you said.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
So, if everything stays on course, will Trump be the only one that got impeached, lost the popular vote twice and didn't get a 2nd term?
Probably so. He's not the first incumbent to lose, but he might be the first to lose this miserably. His presidency has been an absolute disgrace and embarrassment for this country. It's such sweet, poetic justice, too. I'm so glad the American people saw him for the conman he is and turned out in historic numbers to vote him out. It still worries me that this has been such a close race, though. It really tells you that half of the US is truly insane that believes any conspiracy theory they're told. It also tells you we have a major problem with nationalism and ignorance of politics in general. It makes me wonder how we got so far gone, but I think it lies majorly with the media (the internet included). It's so easy to fall into fascistic ideology when you're made to believe nobody cares about you except the fascists.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably so. He's not the first incumbent to lose, but he might be the first to lose this miserably. His presidency has been an absolute disgrace and embarrassment for this country. It's such sweet, poetic justice, too. I'm so glad the American people saw him for the conman he is and turned out in historic numbers to vote him out. It still worries me that this has been such a close race, though. It really tells you that half of the US is truly insane that believes any conspiracy theory they're told. It also tells you we have a major problem with nationalism and ignorance of politics in general. It makes me wonder how we got so far gone, but I think it lies majorly with the media (the internet included). It's so easy to fall into fascistic ideology when you're made to believe nobody cares about you except the fascists.
Well, this probably wouldn't be going away, but hopefully some of it deflates.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Another flat out lie from you. Keep em coming. it's nothing but amusing at this point.
It's what fascists do. Claim to love freedom, yet support the exact opposite. Their opponent is always incredibly weak, but should also remain the biggest fear because they're a danger. It's nothing but double standards all meant to push a false narrative so these people can have power. It's like how some guys become police officers just because they were bullied in school and now have some inferiority complex, so now they have the power to control people and use it to tickle that complex. Look at Trump. He's an absolutely insecure, narcissistic egomaniac. All fascists are and always will be. It's nothing but a power trip.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm just curious.
If COVID never goes away, and every possible vaccine is proven ineffective, when will we stop with the mask mandates?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
So I'm just curious.
If COVID never goes away, and every possible vaccine is proven ineffective, when will we stop with the mask mandates?
Why? Is it that hard for you to care about somebody else other than yourself? Y'know, if you people would actually abide by mask orders and shelter-in-place orders, COVID might actually get under control. But no, you're all too busy stepping on *my* and everybody else's right to life and liberty because you're too much of a crybaby snowflake to wear a fucking face mask so this shit can stop spreading. "B-b-b-but it's muh right to go to Walmart and cough on people!" You wanna cry about "muh freedom"? Well, you're stepping all over everybody else's by refusing to acknowledge their freedom and right to not be exposed to plague rats like you.

Last edited by Joom,

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the government says we can't have clean energy because "x", but then totally disregards "x" for burning fossil fuels, that kinda ties in with "what do we do about climate change and clean energy".
Sir, the US federal government invests billions in clean/alternative energy every year. Of course, this amount will fluctuate given the power structure of the country (as it has lowered under Trump administration and Republican Congress), however this is really not relevant since the federal government is always in flux. Thus, the level of funding will always be in flux.

The private sector has been quite brilliant in its support for clean/alternative energy, I believe this is the more interesting discussion.

I am going to go ahead and assume Lacius was referring to the CO2 pollution rate per capita (if this assumption is wrong, please forgive Lacius!). Though this figure is not surprising given that the countries with higher equity use more petrol and have higher levels of industrial production. Thus, GDP per capita should be factored into this calculation. We should also factor in a subtractive element to our equation, for the amount of effort that is put into reducing the CO2 output (this would be with regards to achievement, not level of funding). Again, the US has spent considerable money and resource on this problem, where other countries have fallen short.

Now, some governments throughout the world do contribute to the reduction of their emissions, however my argument is that government funding alone is not sufficient. The US has achieved a sudden renaissance in clean/alternative energy technology over the last decade thanks to a surge of private funding and investment. The advancements have been astounding. This is where I have been trying to center the conversation.

Government policy/regulation may assist with climate change, however with the government constantly in flux, how dependable are these policies and regulations? They are but temporary measures.

Reactions: Joom

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Is it that hard for you to care about somebody else other than yourself?
Not my responsibility.
Y'know, if you people would actually abide by mask orders and shelter-in-place orders, COVID might actually get under control.
Sweden has it under control and they did nothing.
But no, you're all too busy stepping on *my* and everybody else's right to mitigate a 99.8% survival rate because you're too much of a "crybaby snowflake" to tear your fucking ears off so this shit can start spreading faster.
FTFY
"B-b-b-but it's muh right to go to Walmart and cough on people!"
I'd imagine covering your mouth with a thick, juicy arm would work better than with a thin sheet of cloth.
You wanna cry about "muh freedom"? Well, you're stepping all over everybody else's by refusing to acknowledge their freedom and right to not be exposed to plague rats like you.
Those who are willing to give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Not my responsibility.
Whose is it then, you little sociopath?
Sweden has it under control and they did nothing.
Lie. Taiwan and Vietnam are really the only two that got it under control without thousands of deaths. Wanna know why? They wore masks and actually gave a shit about somebody else's life other than their own. It's almost like acting for the greater good is better for society all around.
I'd imagine covering your mouth with a thick, juicy arm would work better than with a thin sheet of cloth.
But you won't do this either, nor will you even use soap because "washing your hands is for sub-male soybois". Masks have also been scientifically proven to mitigate the spread, sooo.....
Those who are willing to give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
What essential liberty would that be? And please, don't give me something you made up.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Ektif

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whose is it then?
The responsibility of those people, their family, their doctors, and anyone else who cares about them.
Screenshot_20201106-144737_Bromite.jpg

But you won't do this either, nor will you even use soap because "washing your hands is for sub-male soybois". Masks have also been scientifically proven to mitigate the spread, sooo.....
Covering my mouth when I cough and washing my hands after using the bathroom is an instinct.
What essential liberty would that be? And please, don't give me something you made up.
Freedom to breathe.

Look at it this way. My mom has asthma and she agrees with me.

Last edited by UltraSUPRA,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
The responsibility of those people, their family, their doctors, and anyone else who cares about them.
The solution is simple, then. You're not allowed to go out in public. These people aren't responsible for you and people like you coughing on them and spreading the virus, so if you refuse to wear a mask and do anything preventative since it's "not your responsibility", you can't go in public anymore. Done. Next.
Covering my mouth when I cough and washing my hands after using the bathroom is an instinct.
Nobody said anything about using the bathroom. Are you going to wash your hands every single time you cough into them? I highly doubt it.
Freedom to breathe.

Look at it this way. My mom is at risk and she agrees with me.
A mask doesn't prevent you from breathing, and by not wearing one and spreading this disease THAT LITERALLY FUCKING DROWNS YOU, you're stepping on other peoples' supposed freedom to breathe. Your mother is also a fool, and it's a shame you believe she's so infallible that you won't question her ignorance. Doctors and scientists disagree with her, and I'm pretty sure they're a bit more credible than some middle-class suburbanite who's such a lunatic that they homeschool their child with absolute disregard toward the social ramifications. Sorry bruh, but you're being raised by a wingnut fundamentalist. I just hope one day you reach an age of reason and learn how to question things.

Also, in regard to your screenshot that I can't bring myself to quote, that doesn't prove that Sweden did "nothing" to reach that point. That's what I'm obviously calling a lie.

Last edited by Joom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1