ROM Hack Pokemon Platinum: Enhanced Edition

MiKeMiTchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xvolution's guide..
is definitely a must to have besides the patch.
smile.gif

Praises.

~
ppeebox.jpg

Showing-off.

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the praise. I think it's 100% accurate this time.

Though, there are a few things I'm not completely certain about. Primarily how swarms work and the percentages for the special encounters (honey trees/Great Marsh game/Trophy Garden). Either swarms only appear when both slots have the same pokemon or the rival's sister only lists the pokemon in the first slot. I do know that WPEDS mistakenly lists the swarm pokemon as morning pokemon (verified by comparing the d_enc_data file with the Diamond swarming pokemon list). But that's it.

And there's no real percentage data given for the special encounters at all, though given the number of slots for each one (18 for honey trees, 64 for the marsh game and 16 for the trophy garden) I think the only percentage issue is with the honey trees.

But whatever. It's accurate enough
tongue.gif

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks xvolution
smile.gif

Looks really polished. Great job. If you have any suggestions about some Pokemon (perhapy some are too damn hard to catch?), tell me and i'll change it (or just send me the correct narc).

Here's some progress for 1.4:
- Mystery Gift is now activated from start.
- You receive a bunch of items at start now, including event items (non functional) as well as working items such as a Bicycle, Pokéradar etc.
- You've got the Running Shoes now from the beginning on.
- You now get ALL 25 Poketch apps upon receiving the Poketch.
- You can also get ALL 25 Poketch apps when talking to the old man by the fountain in Jubilife City.

... more to come (suggestions?).

By the way, sorry guys, I can't do anything about the Shiftry etc. bug.
frown.gif

edit: Got a question about the Pokeradar rates. For example Rt. 202:
|Squirtle | ----- |5% |Pokeradar |
|Mudkip | ----- |5% |Pokeradar |
|Piplup | ----- |1% |Pokeradar |
|Sentret | ----- |1% |Pokeradar |

That makes up 12% in total. Shouldn't this be 100%? I mean, you ALWAYS get a Pokemon when using the Pokeradar, when running into the patch of grass.
?

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wolfsclaw said:
edit: Got a question about the Pokeradar rates. For example Rt. 202:
|Squirtle | ----- |5% |Pokeradar |
|Mudkip | ----- |5% |Pokeradar |
|Piplup | ----- |1% |Pokeradar |
|Sentret | ----- |1% |Pokeradar |

That makes up 12% in total. Shouldn't this be 100%? I mean, you ALWAYS get a Pokemon when using the Pokeradar, when running into the patch of grass.
?

Like I said in the guide, Pokeradar is a special encounter type. When you use Pokeradar, the pokemon under the Pokeradar section replace some of the pokemon in the main catch table (in the case of Pokeradar, they replace slots 7 [5% slot], 8 [5% slot], 11 [1% slot], and 12 [1% slot]. 5%+5%+1%+1% = 12%).

It was just way too much work to make a catch table for every special encounter type (if I did, the guide would be roughly 8x bigger than it is now

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you mean creating legendary pokemon one-time events, no (theoretically yes, but it's a pain in the butt).

Mike, I have set your box art as the "screenshot" in the download archive, if that's okay with you.

Rashid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there codes to "activate" events, if you know what I mean?

You know event items don't work alone; it's known that (usually) there are codes to activate the events. Does anyone know any? I just wanna try. ;D

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There should be cheat codes, i don't know them though (never used cheat codes myself).

I don't know the right flags yet, so i can't actually edit the ROM that way. But you're free to use cheats.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Xvolution my brother is doing an A level in scripting and he can write a script that means you can click on an area on a map and it will show that areas pokemon etc

Can he do it??

(your permission(Your name will be in bold as original maker))

Edit: Little help

Cheat database

edit 2: can anyone get me a map of mt coronet (all caves etc in mt coronet thx in advance)

Rashid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You know, I noticed the Event Item codes on my list, but I thought it simply put it in my bag.

Now that I checked the cheat file, it states that it makes the guy at the Pokemart deliver it. This should be enough to activate the event. I'll try it soon. ~_^

Edit: Whoa! They DO work! I just used the Member Card code, press L+R, checked the Pokemart, and the guy was there. I got it, went to Canalave city and got the event working! Although even if you activate it again, you won't be able to go in.

Surprisingly, the door says: "The member card only works with an activated event!" or something. Did Gamefreak put that there on purpose, or did you edit that in, Wolfsclaw?

Either way, it's good to know I can get legit legendaries. xD (and by using my 1337 save-copying skills, I can get as many as I can.. fu fu fu...)

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
try cycling in ghost mode
smile.gif

Edit: Rashid if you don't want to keep copying sav files then all you have to do is use pokesav and uncheck the event flag boxes XD

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
Xvolution my brother is doing an A level in scripting and he can write a script that means you can click on an area on a map and it will show that areas pokemon etc

Can he do it??

(your permission(Your name will be in bold as original maker))

Go right ahead. That may actually be very helpful. But note that when a new version of PPEE comes out, pokemon locations may change.

thehuntison6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for the rom hack wolfclaw =D so much fun
btw does anyone know EXACTLY which room Darkrai is in? I was running around in all the rooms with a repel and my lvl 19 croconaw as my first pokemon but I still haven't found it T-T
also would like help with regirock if someone doesn't mind

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1