Wolfs awesome awesome take on how platinum SHOULD have been
yaynds.gif
, saves me tring to find a wireless hotspot
or convert my non-nerdy friends to DS's

xvolution said:
Alright, guys. Guide's finally finished
biggrin.gif

PPEE Encounter Guide v1.3

Not too fancy-looking, but it works where it counts. And, as promised, a list of pokemon not listed in either the pl_enc_data.narc (primary encounters for pokemon) or the encounter_ex.narc (Honey Tree/Great Marsh Game/Trophy Garden)

Generation 1:
ivysaur, venusaur, charmeleon, charizard, wartortle, butterfree, nidoqueen, nidoking, clefable, jigglypuff, wigglytuff, persian, alakazam, machamp, victreebel, golem, dodrio, hypno, kingler, exeggutor, marowak, kabutops

Generation 2:
bayleef, meganium, quilava, typhlosion, feraligatr, togetic, ampharos, bellossom, slowking, forretress, granbull, scizor, kingdra, porygon2, hitmontop, blissey, pupitar, tyranitar

Generation 3:
grovyle, sceptile, combusken, blaziken, marshtomp, swampert, mightyena, ludicolo, shiftry, gardevoir, slaking, delcatty, manectric, flygon, armaldo, milotic, gorebyss, salamence, metagross

Generation 4:
grotle, torterra, monferno, infernape, prinplup, roserade, bastiodon, mothim, mismagius, purugly, garchomp, riolu, magnezone, lickilicky, rhyperior, tangrowth, electivire, togekiss yanmega, gliscor, porygon-z, gallade, probopass, dusknoir
They're all pretty much obtainable through breeding/evolution though. Just putting the list here in case Wolfsclaw wants to add them.

Happy playing!

first of all i love the pokemon search guide u have done
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif

but to my point, id like to make a "perfectionist" take on ur guide, using urs as the base of it.
the only thing i don't like about ur guide is that it is listed by pokedex, so with ur permisson, xvolution,
id like to make a guide sorted by places of where to find the pokemon i.e.

Route 201
Pokemon names here

I will only publish this with ur permission as i dont want to try and steal ur thunder or anything like that

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for not posting lately, important times in RL right now.

xvolution's guide was in Unix (LF) format, which is probably why it did not appear correctly for all Windows Editor users.
Here's the file in Windows as well as Unix format:
Download!

xvolution, would it be okay if i include this file into the PPEE .zip file of the download archive? I guess most people don't follow this thread.

I have not done any progress lately to PPEE, but have at least included a little bug list at the download archive.
So far I've got:

Known bugs:
* Major: Entering contests not possible (crashes the game)
* Major: When Nuzleaf evolves, the game crashes (reported but unconfirmed)
* Sprite (and probably more?) glitches with Shiftry and Seedot
* (possibly) hatching Seedot crashes the game?
* (unconfirmed) Looker minor sprite glitch in Jubilife City

Thanks to all bug reporters, keep 'em coming! These bugs are however not easy, if at all, to fix; most likely the program PPRE screwed some things up. I had been warned...
I suggest temporarily switching to a clean Platinum ROM with the same save, then doing the things you want (entering contests, evolving Nuzleaf) and then swap out the save files again.

... and that's all for now.

MiKeMiTchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^ Thanks, it makes the guide more flexible.
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Known bugs:
* Sprite (and probably more?) glitches with Shiftry and Seedot
* (possibly) hatching Seedot crashes the game?

Good thing Nuzleaf didn't have any glitches!!

QUOTE said:

This happened with me in the trim versions, AFAIK.
tongue.gif

Entering contests works flawlessly with the DSTT patching method.

I tried evolving my favorite Nuzleaf, and there's no crash BUG.
(patched with the DSTT patching method)

~~
I'll help making a boxart (latias-latios) for now.

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wolfsclaw said:
xvolution, would it be okay if i include this file into the PPEE .zip file of the download archive? I guess most people don't follow this thread.

Sure, but note that the guide is not 100% accurate (because I didn't know how each slot in WPEDS affected encounter rate at the time). Currently re-doing the guide and making it more "user-friendly" and adding encounter percentages (which is making things take longer than expected).

On a side note: The game crashed on me several times today (and rendering my Cyclo unreadable for minutes at a time). It might just be my Cyclo not touching the contacts in my DS correctly. Also, good job on toughening up the Galactic Generals. Currently having trouble facing Mars (Hyper Fang...Assurance...ugh!).

EDIT: Just looked at the old guide. I wrote it up using Notepad++ and it supports formatting in Windows, UNIX and Mac formats. Somehow the guide was formatted in UNIX

Androziel

Trophies
XP
Country
well if anyone wants to battle me just post pm me ur friend code or sumthing
currently only lvl 40 pokemon but im getting there

MiKeMiTchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I have finished the boxart\cover.
Comments?

QUOTE said:
ppeebox.jpg

QUOTEEDIT: Just looked at the old guide. I wrote it up using Notepad++ and it supports formatting in Windows, UNIX and Mac formats. Somehow the guide was formatted in UNIX

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wolfsclaw said:
Known bugs:
I do not think this is a minor sprite glitch. There is NO sprite at all - just an empty square box.
An empty black or gray square box appears onscreen, moves to the right and identifies itself as Looker.
This happens when returning from Oreburgh City to Jubilife city after winning first badge.
The empty box which called itself Looker told me I should get a Pal Pad from the basement of the PokeCenter.
This square box was black on my NDS/EDGE in PPEE 1.0 and gray with DSi/SK2i/AKAIO in PPEE 1.3.
This is not a new problem!

Shortly after that (just beyond Ravaged Path DSi PPEE 1.3) I began experienceing lockups.
The music continues, reset is impossible. Lockups re-ocurred in several places in Wayward Cave.
These were exactly repeatable: I needed to make a series of bike jumps. but was attacked before I could finish the series.
I tried to use a repel. As soon as I hit A to use the repel - lockup. Like the one in PPEE 1.0 in Eternity City.
Even if used the same save file with NDS/EDGE, the lockup was exactly repeatable.
I know I was not using any cheats on EDGE, I do not think I was with AK2i, either, but it is harder to tell on AK2i
unsure.gif

Anyway I finally managed to get thru this by making a series of saves: Move repel to top of items list, exit menu, save, reset, use repel, save, reset, get on bike, ...
Lockups continued thru Rt 207. No problems after passing thru Mt Coronet - on NDSL or NDSi. I am currently on Rt. 222 and using DSi.

These are the only problems I have run into so far - unless you count TWO encounters within about 3 minutes with a level 85 KYOGRE while peacefully fishing with a Super Rod on Rt 212 south! Most of my team were in their 30's. I know this is fair, as without cheating, I would not have a Super Rod until much later in the game. But that's why I always build an impossible heavy hitter to act as a bodyguard while playing PPEE! And I carry Master Balls for defence. So I caught 2 big Orcas.

PPEE 1.3 + WPEDS + pl_enc_data.narc + xvolution's Encounter Guide + Pokesav has the most replay appeal to me of any game so far. Thanks, Wolfsclaw!! I may keep restarting again and again, useing a different starter and a completely new team until DQIX or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver arrives.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Rashid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seedot and Shiftry both have graphical glitches, but..

I'm SURE that evolving Nuzleaf into Shiftry gave me a black screen and I had to restart. (thankfully I saved 5 minutes before that)

And I hatched a Seedot, it was fine. There'll just be the usual "black lines" during this hatching ONLY, and Seedot will appear... you know. Just release it after that if you don't need it. (better safe than sorry, and who uses Shiftry?)

MiKeMiTchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I'm SURE that evolving Nuzleaf into Shiftry gave me a black screen and I had to restart. (thankfully I saved 5 minutes before that)

Specs please.
Yes, you're sure, but for others, it might be fine.
So, the bug is considered as a "rare" bug for now.

I use the untrimmed version (dstt patching method)
and evolving nuzleaf works fine.

Are you using the trimmed or are you using cheats by any chance?
Looks like something has broken your game.

ppeebox.jpg

@Balrog
Try harder. Your question seems to be already answered in this thread.
Search, search and search..
smile.gif

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it crazy that I like the original Platinum? I didn't know so many people didn't' like it.
Then again, I use more than 4 Pokemon, so.....
....and Dragon starters? >.<

Good job hacking, but if Platinum was unplayable, play Diamond or give up on the series.

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:
I can confirm
  • that Looker's sprite is normal after first badge.
  • Seedot sprite is glitched, did not freeze game until leaving current area (In this case the basement floor of the Pokemon center).
  • Nuzleaf does not have a glitched sprite nor does it freeze on evolution, same freeze problem when leaving.
  • Glitched Shiftry sprite as soon as evolution begins and remains after with Shiftry, same freeze problem.
Played on R4DS, untrimmed ROM with correct checksum.

Edit 2: Nice signature image DxEggman.

MiKeMiTchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
DxEggman

Easy on the posts, man.

QUOTEI can confirm

* that Looker's sprite is normal after first badge.
* Seedot sprite is glitched, did not freeze game until leaving current area (In this case the basement floor of the Pokemon center).
* Nuzleaf does not have a glitched sprite nor does it freeze on evolution, same freeze problem when leaving.
* Glitched Shiftry sprite as soon as evolution begins and remains after with Shiftry, same freeze problem.

True.
Played on TTDS, Dsision2 menu, Ysmenu booting, plus infolib.dat updates, 99mb trimmed rom from untrimmed rom (used DSTT patching method), 1.3 version, and I use cheats.

raulpegan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
hey guys I need help finding a trainer with a roserade, since I need to see it to get the national dex, and I already used my shiny stone :S.

Please help!

MagusDraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpegan said:
hey guys I need help finding a trainer with a roserade, since I need to see it to get the national dex, and I already used my shiny stone :S.

Please help!

If you have a pokemon with the pickup ability, say phanphy or something, you have a 3% chance of getting a shiny stone from lvl 41-50 pokemon, 5% from 51-60 and 10% from 61-100.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1