ROM Hack RELEASE Pokémon Let's Go! Polished Pikachu & Let's Go! Enhanced Eevee: Challenging ROMhacks for LGPE!

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to make an edit in the files to either tone down or altogether remove the experience share? It's absolutely maddening that my party Pokemon tend to level up quicker than my actual point Pokemon.

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I made a web application in js that allows you to customize the percentage of the Reduced EXP Yield parte of this mod, this application works by you uploading 2 different personal_total.bin files, which can be the one provided in this mod and the original extracted from the game, or the 60% 35% or 200% ones of the standalone mods, it does not matter which, just 2 different, you upload the 2 different personal_total.bin files to the web site, after that you input the percentage of the file you upload on the "file 1" slot, if that file was the 60% one you put 60%, if it was the 35% one you put 35%, if it was the one of this mod you put 75% if its the 200% you put 200% and if it was the original extracted from the game you put 100%, and in the other percentage list you input the percentage you want for your file, then you click generate, in the third text area will be generated the hex string of the personal_total.bin whit the new percentage, you then can click download for the personal_total.bin whit the new percentage to be downloaded.
This has been tested ingame and it appears to work, im not entirely sure because to change this i basically do this:
-put the hex strings in arrays
-compare one by one the hex data of the two files to see if they are equal or different.
-if they are equal i copy that data to a new array
-if they are different i get the data of file 1 in decimal, apply this formula: "Math.floor((data of file 1 in decimal that is different / number of the percentage of file 1 that you put) * new percentage that you want that you inputed)" after that i check if the result was over 255 or bellow 0(its imposible but whatever), and copy the result to the the new array

So if some xp used more that FF(255) to store its value then that would be wrong whit my conversor but as i tested it appears to work alright.
I STRONGLY SUGGEST TO GO TO THE GITHUB PAGE FIRST AS I PUT CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE THE TOOL ON IT, STEP BY STEP
link to the tool:
https://www.aitor-sama.es/
github: https://github.com/takashi1kun/hex-poke-xp-edit/tree/master

Last edited by Red1Reaper, , Reason: Add suggestion
Reactions: x65943 and Fewtch22

Silver324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I made a web application in js that allows you to customize the percentage of the Reduced EXP Yield parte of this mod, this application works by you uploading 2 different personal_total.bin files, which can be the one provided in this mod and the original extracted from the game, or the 60% 35% or 200% ones of the standalone mods, it does not matter which, just 2 different, you upload the 2 different personal_total.bin files to the web site, after that you input the percentage of the file you upload on the "file 1" slot, if that file was the 60% one you put 60%, if it was the 35% one you put 35%, if it was the one of this mod you put 75% if its the 200% you put 200% and if it was the original extracted from the game you put 100%, and in the other percentage list you input the percentage you want for your file, then you click generate, in the third text area will be generated the hex string of the personal_total.bin whit the new percentage, you then can click download for the personal_total.bin whit the new percentage to be downloaded.
This has been tested ingame and it appears to work, im not entirely sure because to change this i basically do this:
-put the hex strings in arrays
-compare one by one the hex data of the two files to see if they are equal or different.
-if they are equal i copy that data to a new array
-if they are different i get the data of file 1 in decimal, apply this formula: "Math.floor((data of file 1 in decimal that is different / number of the percentage of file 1 that you put) * new percentage that you want that you inputed)" after that i check if the result was over 255 or bellow 0(its imposible but whatever), and copy the result to the the new array

So if some xp used more that FF(255) to store its value then that would be wrong whit my conversor but as i tested it appears to work alright.
link to the tool: https://www.aitor-sama.es/
github: https://github.com/takashi1kun/hex-poke-xp-edit/tree/master
Hey this seems to work like a charm, thx a lot!!
I will use this to set up 50% exp yield for a co-op play test-run in combination with self-made nuzlocke-like rulings á la "extreme" (which btw go far beyond than simple saying "no items used in battle; no stronger use than a normal pokeball etc. - I constructed a whole new strategy-system regarding grinding-limitation (with this mod even more); much more requirement on aiming for "excellent" throws to even keep the pkmn u caught; take mayor OP-ness from the starter (u can still use your starter but it succumbs certain rules) and much more.)
So many ppl say that this game is much too easy.. I say the pokemon games by GF are merely a suggestion how you could play pokemon - If you cant make it harder for yourself, you just lack of creativity and discipline. And the new catching-mechanic is a good step in the right direction imo - since now you need timing and even a bit skill to catch them (relating to catch them "excellently").

Reactions: Red1Reaper

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey this seems to work like a charm, thx a lot!!
So many ppl say that this game is much too easy.. I say the pokemon games by GF are merely a suggestion how you could play pokemon - If you cant make it harder for yourself, you just lack of creativity and discipline. And the new catching-mechanic is a good step in the right direction imo - since now you need timing and even a bit skill to catch them (relating to catch them "excellently").
I'm happy its useful for you, this game is easy because is a pokemon made for today's kids, i recommend you to make a second file whit something like 1% or 0% xp for chaining, that way you can use chaining to get good IV and maybe shiny whitout overleveling yourself

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the mod! Is editing trainer pokemon's level and team difficult? If it's not too technical and only time consuming, I would be happy to do it and then share it with others here. Post-game there really isn't much challenge anymore.

Last edited by daijobu,

Rojay101

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
BUT I have seen people playing LETS GO PIKACHU and it is a male. I personally hate the heart shape tale and red key for a Pikachu. So whatever they have done to change the gender and leave the playable character at the house to begin the Pokemon quest. I would love for someone to make such a save.bin and allow it to be accessible.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only locked at the beginning of the game. If you don't get the gender you want, you delete the game data in Data Management and start a new game until you get a male one.
Really? I read that both Eevee and Pikachu are always female in this game. Might have been false info I guess. Either way, Me and my kids all got female haha. Might be a higher chance.

Last edited by DEMONDICE,

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I got a male at the first time I played the game (non heart tail) then I deleted the save since I started playing coop with someone and the save now has a heart shaped tail.

Silver324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BUT I have seen people playing LETS GO PIKACHU and it is a male. I personally hate the heart shape tale and red key for a Pikachu. So whatever they have done to change the gender and leave the playable character at the house to begin the Pokemon quest. I would love for someone to make such a save.bin and allow it to be accessible.
Just start a new game and look at the cutscene before the language selecting screen.
If Eevee/Pikachu has the wrong tail-shape there, delete the save and look again; at first I also wondered why it's always the same gender as I tried to "soft-reset" at the time of the encounter in the 1st city.
This almost drove me nuts, until it dawned up that the gender could have been determined even before the encounter takes place - and that's the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Get a 3DS and do the same 🥰