ROM Hack RELEASE Pokémon Let's Go! Polished Pikachu & Let's Go! Enhanced Eevee: Challenging ROMhacks for LGPE!

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is very good, thanks, i'm loving it, the only complain is that i still get a bit overleveled, probably because im battling every trainer and im trying to complete the pokedex on the adventure so i end up capturing a little too much, i would rather go to something like 70% or 65% instead of 75%, if is now too much of ask would you please add more options for the exp%?(i mean, more than the 60%,35% and 200% ones)

That is the only complain, the mod is incredible, is making the game so much fun, i specially love being able to catch them all and the better trainer teams :)

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very good, thanks, i'm loving it, the only complain is that i still get a bit overleveled, probably because im battling every trainer and im trying to complete the pokedex on the adventure so i end up capturing a little too much, i would rather go to something like 70% or 65% instead of 75%, if is now too much of ask would you please add more options for the exp%?(i mean, more than the 60%,35% and 200% ones)

That is the only complain, the mod is incredible, is making the game so much fun, i specially love being able to catch them all and the better trainer teams :)
Just roll with the 60%.

Reactions: Red1Reaper

ADMT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been enjoying this romhack a lot, definitely feels like an improvement over the base game. There's been one area that feels a bit overtuned, and that's the Rocket Hideout boss room: After going through four floors of chump battles, you're met with a full team of 6, followed by a team of 4, followed by another full team of 6, all in the same room one after the other. The jump in difficulty compared to Erika feels pretty incongruous. You're free to exit the building, run to the Pokemon Center, and then run back to the boss room after each battle but I think it'd be a better experience if those three battles were tuned for completing them back to back after clearing the first four floors.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been enjoying this romhack a lot, definitely feels like an improvement over the base game. There's been one area that feels a bit overtuned, and that's the Rocket Hideout boss room: After going through four floors of chump battles, you're met with a full team of 6, followed by a team of 4, followed by another full team of 6, all in the same room one after the other. The jump in difficulty compared to Erika feels pretty incongruous. You're free to exit the building, run to the Pokemon Center, and then run back to the boss room after each battle but I think it'd be a better experience if those three battles were tuned for completing them back to back after clearing the first four floors.
I made the decision to give those all "boss" teams because they're all appropriate to have boss teams, and you can just use healing items to top off. Let's Go absolutely showers you in money, when I played through I never used items in battle but also practically never used Pokemon Centers except when out of PP.
If they were proper back-to-back battles with no rest in between, then I'd have tuned them for that.

ADMT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand your reasoning and I agree that they should feel like true boss battles, I just think there might be a good middle-ground between "three easy mini-bosses" and the current "three boss battles in the same room, two of which are tougher than the gym leader of that city". Either way, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts behind these decisions!

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand your reasoning and I agree that they should feel like true boss battles, I just think there might be a good middle-ground between "three easy mini-bosses" and the current "three boss battles in the same room, two of which are tougher than the gym leader of that city". Either way, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts behind these decisions!
Hey man, Team Rocket is a menace. If Erika could wipe them out, why wouldn't she?

Reactions: ADMT and Fewtch22

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, been loving the mod so far. Could you do some of us a favor though and start including version numbers when you update? I'm one of the unfortunate people who downloaded when you mistakenly uploaded non-working files and I spent an entire day trying to figure out why my LinkedFS was suddenly not working, culminating in a full reset and NAND restore (which as you know takes a VERY long time).
Version numbers, please!

ADMT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should probably also point out that Fisherman Elliot on route 12 has a lvl 32 Magikarp and a lvl 100 Gyarados :lol:

Reactions: x65943

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should probably also point out that Fisherman Elliot on route 12 has a lvl 32 Magikarp and a lvl 100 Gyarados :lol:
Hm. That's strange, the hex code says it should be lvl36
upload_2018-11-22_23-3-43.png

Oh wait, figured it out. A "20" snuck into the next byte lmao... I think it might be trying to make it well over level 100! Fixing it now. Go ahead and redownload

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what's going on then, I just wiped to his level 100 Gyarados a few minutes ago
Yeah, that "20" after 24 but before 82 is probably the culprit. Mind re-downloading and overwriting the hack and trying again?

ADMT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that "20" after 24 but before 82 is probably the culprit. Mind re-downloading and overwriting the hack and trying again?
I'll do that and report back tomorrow after sleeping off this turkey ^_^. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving too!

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just roll with the 60%.
I rather try edit myself in hex, i just grave your 35% and your 60%, compare them, and then change the values of the 60% to a 70% whit a "70*X/60"(simple rule of three), x being a give value.
:) i feel like im going to fail miserably, i have never done hex editing after all

EDIT:
I think i archived it, and science im lazy af i and i did not want to change the values 1 by 1 i created a web tool with a js code that by imputing the hex of 2 files with different %(for example the 35 and 60) the % of the first file you input and the % you want, generate the hex code of the file whit the desired %, i only need now to playtest it.
i tired to convert the 60% one to the 35% one(for testing) and i didn't got the same hex as the 35%, but it appears that i was only off by 1 on some numbers because the method of rounding i'm using did not appear to be the same so i think this is going to work, after i playtest im going to update this with a link to the web tool i created(as long as it works) if anyone wants to change the exp rates to a custom %(the tool do not include any file, you still would need to download 2 different files of xp% open them whit a hex editor, select all and ctrl+c to get the hex code of them to be used on the web tool)

Last edited by Red1Reaper, , Reason: updating

ADMT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also a two-Pokemon Fisherman with a lvl 45 Kingler on that route (or the one right after it), it's no lvl 100 Gyarados but it seems like it might also be an error? Since every other trainer Pokemon there is about ten levels lower.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also a two-Pokemon Fisherman with a lvl 45 Kingler on that route (or the one right after it), it's no lvl 100 Gyarados but it seems like it might also be an error? Since every other trainer Pokemon there is about ten levels lower.
Nah, everything on Route 12 is Lv44-45, as it's an optional route. My choices were:
  1. Underlevel both Route 12 and Pokemon Road
  2. Make one of them higher level, assuming that the player will take one path to Fuchsia City
Rather than make both routes low-level, I opted to make the road less traveled the higher-leveled path.

ADMT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, everything on Route 12 is Lv44-45, as it's an optional route. My choices were:
  1. Underlevel both Route 12 and Pokemon Road
  2. Make one of them higher level, assuming that the player will take one path to Fuchsia City
Rather than make both routes low-level, I opted to make the road less traveled the higher-leveled path.
Ah okay, my mistake. Anyway, Elliot has a regular ol' lvl 36 Gyarados now. ^_^

Reactions: Dio Vento

Silver324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's a great idea!
I was wondering if it is possible for you to make moving the angle of the first-person-view in docked mode during wild battles??
I love the docked mode but the targeting in handheld mode is much more precise and convenient imo.
Is this kinda transferable?

Reactions: Red1Reaper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night