Status
Not open for further replies.

AionDarkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh cool cool... but can we have an option of whether we want the new title graphic cause I actually prefer the japanese one cause it's rather cool in my opinion

Also.. Melody is the name of the new female playable main? Who gave her that name? Last I checked her official name is still Kotone.. which is her japanese name..

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AionDarkness said:
Ahh cool cool... but can we have an option of whether we want the new title graphic cause I actually prefer the japanese one cause it's rather cool in my opinion

Also.. Melody is the name of the new female playable main? Who gave her that name? Last I checked her official name is still Kotone.. which is her japanese name..

Sorry, the title graphic isn't going to be interchangable after the release of 4.0 :/
Kotone translates to "sound". I could have named her Harmony too, but I liked Melody a tad bit more. In short to answer your question, I gave her that name. As a translator, I have to do as much as I physically can to make it feel localized.
Now I must think of a name for Hibiki (which also translates to sound, but more specifically, echoes)

MiTek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might sound kind of crazy, (and possibly unnecessary depending on what thenewpoketext is exactly) but if I took the time to play gold or silver side by side with one of these versions and typed up transcripts for the text, would someone be willing to insert the text? Obviously, the new stuff wouldn't be doable unless someone used their multi-cultural skills to translate what the newer features say, but I think it might be fun and remarkable to do an allover translation. I mean, we've still got nearly seven months until the official US release, couldn't take more than a month and a half with dedication from a small handful of people on this aspect specifically with the main guys (Goblessum) continuing work on the technical structure translation. Anybody interested?

AionDarkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh that kinda sucks cause I don't think it's really that cool that everyone will be required to have the fan made logo just because someone made it. I'm not saying I don't like it but it's just that since you're offering a katakana version, then you should allow the katakana version to use the original logo and localized use the new logo. That's why I stuck with the katakana version cause I thought it was pretty cool to have a mixture of english and japanese..

ugh and yeah I ran searches on kotone and people matched her name up because of her japanese name because of how the other names worked..

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AionDarkness said:
Ugh that kinda sucks cause I don't think it's really that cool that everyone will be required to have the fan made logo just because someone made it. I'm not saying I don't like it but it's just that since you're offering a katakana version, then you should allow the katakana version to use the original logo and localized use the new logo. That's why I stuck with the katakana version cause I thought it was pretty cool to have a mixture of english and japanese..

ugh and yeah I ran searches on kotone and people matched her name up because of her japanese name because of how the other names worked..

If you read the FAQ, you will note that I did not make the Katakana version to "make it look cool" or anything of the sort. I made it for legality purposes. I'm sorry if it upsets you, but that's just how it is. I'm not trying to feed weeaboos here, I'm trying to do a translation.
tongue.gif

MiTek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind my previous post about the text translation. Just introduced myself to the Magnius patch and your situation with it. While it'd be nice, I think I'd rather remain faithful
biggrin.gif

larvitar23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can u please add another link for the patch. cuz, have trouble downloading the patch with the original link.
tnx.. more power

Shintek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I thought the same thing ^Acenima.
What about a collaboration? You guys are doing all the menue and 'normal' translation part and he is focusing on the story and dialogue = soooo awesome!
I know you don't like to 'compete' with nintendo, but still, soo awesome :

Madwaffler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shintek said:
I thought the same thing ^Acenima.
What about a collaboration? You guys are doing all the menue and 'normal' translation part and he is focusing on the story and dialogue = soooo awesome!

he already said he would rather work solo

zeno16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey there, love your patch. Using Localized.
rolleyes.gif

Been playing around with my M3 Real using both Sakura and Touchpad, wanted to tell you that the patch isn't working with the latest Sakura V1.41X

But it is working with Touchpad V4.4a X.

Keep on the good work,.
smile.gif

DaxIta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just wanted to say that sadly with G6 Real (which shouldn't be the same of M3 Real?) I still can't save. The strange thing is that I even got their last firmware, released yesterday, wtf?

D

Deleted-142791

so many translations- how are you guys doing this so quickly!

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3.8 still gives the "too many filenames" error on my computer. I wouldn't have mentioned it, but I had also tried Kazo's latest update (using the GUI option. Batch option didn't work) and it works fine.

Kazo had recently switched to using xdelta to patch his version. I tried to patch 3-8 using Kazo's GUI method (changing out all necessary files) and...it didn't work.

Maybe something wrong with the patch itself?

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The game patched fine, and it works great on Supercard Lite
I am letting you know there are still some ????? ????? trainer battles.
The ones I noticed right now are inside the Lighthouse in Olivile City or whatever :X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright