Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, the route 35 thing is becoming a huge problem for me.

I don't know what it is, i used this patch and tried Kazo's patch, same problem. It always occurs after the gym.

I loaded a backup save, this save is completely unhacked (no pokesav) and before the gym. To test out what the problem is, I went to route 35 first and also the national park, I saved about 15 times and there were no crashes.

I went to battle the gym and then i headed to route 35 again and then tried to save... it crashed. I can safely say that it wasn't pokesav messing up with my game.

both Kazo's patch and this patch does the same thing for me. I even downloaded another clean rom and patched it again, same thing.

The rom i used is 4159 - Pokemon Heart Gold (J)(Xenophobia).

Help
mad.gif

Or can someone send me their save if they are right after the goldenrod gym? (I'll pokesav the names, pokemon, etc.) As long as it works.

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
so how long will you keep this updated?

4.0 will not be the final version, as there is still a lot of ground to cover. I'm not entirely sure which version will be the "last" version.

mattmagician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would be knice to know if the person's calling for a rematch, something specific, or swarming pokemon.
You might already have this planned/done though.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Man ever since i started reading this thread i've just been bowled over and over.. I feel like i'm addicted to this thread, coz i feel that if I don't come and chk it i might miss something important..Well I hope you can continue till you finally decide to actually complete the entire game's translation before the nintendo guys release the english version(hoping against all hopes)..

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update: It's definitely something wrong with my computer. I was able to patch it on another computer. Just have to figure out what's wrong with mine
unsure.gif

AfterYou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raqib12 said:
With the release of 4.0 creeping up, I have a few questions for you all:

1) Is there anything that I didn't already include that you'd want me to include? (Please don't request story dialog, as I do not want to compete with Nintendo's translation.)

2) Is there anything I already included that you would want me to change? (For example, the change from 3.0 to 3.5, when I replaced "Report" with "Save)

3) If there was any other title you'd want me to translate, that has no chances of localization, what would it be? (Do not request games that have already been announced for localization, such as the next Professor Layton)

1) Descriptions for all items (especially Key items and new poke balls), translations of Apricorn names and descriptions, fix Bebe's PC to Bill's PC, change HM05 from Defog to Whirlpool, change Blackwood to Blackthorn, fix glitch where HMs can only be used once, fix glitch with Strength message popping up on rocks containing hidden items, fix ??????? name glitch, fix Nurse Joy in the morning from "Good Afternoon" to "Good Morning", translate Pokegear phone contact list, make all Yes/No choices have english yes/no buttons, add English logos for status problems and HMs (like you did for Types), maybe change the default Box names on a new file to "Box 1", 'Box 2", etc.. (could even use the included English font instead of the Platinum one for this), maybe switch the default Pokedex language from Japanese to English (that is, if English dex entries really are already programmed in for all 493 pokemon), the latest version of the ant-anti-piracy patch, translation of Mystery Gift and Pokewalker menus, change the Poke-dollar sign to the one used in the English games, translate the descriptions of the bag pouches, translate Key Item menus (Pal Pad, Unown Note, Apricorn Case, etc...)

2) I think some of the trainer titles might be different from in the previously released English games, but I'm not sure.

I don't mean to bombard you with a huge list of things to change, Raquib, but I'm just trying to point out some of the more important changes and some changes I'd like to see. It's up to you to decide which of these you'd like to implement, after all..

temporalcask

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I would like to see the Pokemon Emotions translated, and maybe the Pokethon.
2) I wouldn't mind if Save went back to being Report.

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.8 released
-First 400 names burned through. Hopefully there aren't as many broken names this time around...
-Fixed the Defog description on Whirlpool
-Bebe was changed to Bill
-Pokedex Element Graphics added
-Some Pokedex search functions added (Note, name lookup by first letter will ONLY be working for users using the Katakana patch. It cannot be changed for those using the localized patch)
-Lt. Surge is now just Surge, so his name should work
-Melody's [Kotone] name is now translated (though, it only seems to show in front of her house?)
-Most Trainer Titles and Locations are now translated, save maybe 3 or 4 that I may have overlooked.

I'm sorry that I could not dish out 4.0, but Rykin had plans earlier, and I'm going out in just a few minutes, so I wasn't going to be able to work on it any longer tonight.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RIJYQ0YU - HeartGold
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G90CI0KM - SoulSilver

I decided to keep 3.5 on the front topic for now, I'll take it down later when I have more time.

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick announcement. All of the items are now translated, 100%. None of the new descriptions yet, but I think I will start on that once everyone leaves back criticism about 3.8. Is there anything that I missed? Anything I should work on? Here is what to expect for 4.0:

-The new title graphic by Romruto
-All items are in English
-All of the remaining names will be translated (and I will try to find out which ones are corrupt)
-All titles will be translated once they are reported (I know the Elite Four's titles aren't translated yet for sure, I'm not sure of any others)
-All remaining locations will be done once reported

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks for 3.8 , u rock.

after u finish all the menus and stuff u should start working on translating the chats and stuff. or atleast the ones for melody and your rival because i want to know what their saying.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Raqib12 said:
A quick announcement. All of the items are now translated, 100%. None of the new descriptions yet, but I think I will start on that once everyone leaves back criticism about 3.8. Is there anything that I missed? Anything I should work on? Here is what to expect for 4.0:

-The new title graphic by Romruto
-All items are in English
-All of the remaining names will be translated (and I will try to find out which ones are corrupt)
-All titles will be translated once they are reported (I know the Elite Four's titles aren't translated yet for sure, I'm not sure of any others)
-All remaining locations will be done once reported
Wi-Fi Operations [0%]

Could you work "translate" this on 4.0? lol I can't seem to have a LOCAL battle for some reason. Maybe in English, I'll choose the correct "option". Thanks if you could

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro