Not open for further replies.

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's really inevitable for people not to have a translation. Pokemon games are over demanded, I believe. Let them be, if your opinion says otherwise.

@ SonicraX

i like your siggie haha. LOL desu?!

haha that made me laugh. so random

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I can't believe nobody has even thought that a translation may not be possible since the game may require a PokéWalker test on startup, and even if you do have one of them, you won't be able to communicate since the cart comes with a built in thing for PokéWalker communications.
It's probably some kind of hidden anti-piracy measure.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
golio514 said:
I can't believe nobody has even thought that a translation may not be possible since the game may require a PokéWalker test on startup, and even if you do have one of them, you won't be able to communicate since the cart comes with a built in thing for PokéWalker communications.

I don't think it will require a PokéWalker check on startup, but if so, then I think this will be one of the smallest problems to solve.
wink.gif

Well, I don't even think that USA and Europe will get those PokéWalker thingies. I guessm it's Japan-exclusive, since they always do such things. ^.^

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Zerrix said:
golio514 said:

I don't think it will require a PokéWalker check on startup, but if so, then I think this will be one of the smallest problems to solve.
wink.gif

Well, I don't even think that USA and Europe will get those PokéWalker thingies. I guessm it's Japan-exclusive, since they always do such things. ^.^
Personal Trainer: Walking had a pedometer with similar functions and it required a check on start-up.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
It doesn't need a check on start-up... But everything in there need it so it's kind of stupid not too have one.

And I think that Poke-Walker will be in other countries too...Like that Pikachu pedometer in the old days
tongue.gif

I used to have one. If it is the same thing but with other pokemon... I really am considering to buy one

Yingxue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
It doesn't need a check on start-up... But everything in there need it so it's kind of stupid not too have one.

And I think that Poke-Walker will be in other countries too...Like that Pikachu pedometer in the old days
tongue.gif

I used to have one. If it is the same thing but with other pokemon... I really am considering to buy one

Ah, the good 'ol Pokemon mini, IIRC.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Yingxue said:
N-TG said:

tongue.gif

Ah, the good 'ol Pokemon mini, IIRC.

Oh I know them but I wasn't talking about them
I was talking about this
24bd6cd6fe8c7386941a9e86c27fd4b2.image.188x225.jpg

You could put it in your belt and it counted steps that u could give it to pikachu as food and use to play mini games, like Tamagochi.

WrSmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is a pokewalker startup test, then shouldn't there be a patch to just bypass it?

I don't think it will be THAT hard to do that

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it will have a start up test, it more like you link to it and trade over a pokemon, then turn of your ds an go jogging or somthing. not like you have to be using the ds to use the walker.

liqidale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
why do most of you want localized names. Are you all new to the game and dont know how the pokemon look.
rolleyes.gif

i dont think it would have a start up test... if you forgot the walker somewhere, u wont be able to play

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, this'll be nice.
I'll be waiting for the race between the translation of Nintendo and this team

TravisProduckshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
liqidale said:
why do most of you want localized names. Are you all new to the game and dont know how the pokemon look.
rolleyes.gif

Good point there, but for me mainly when it says "(insert trainer name) is switching out to (insert pokemon name). would you like to switch?"
we wouldn't know who they are sending out

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
liqidale said:
rolleyes.gif

i dont think it would have a start up test... if you forgot the walker somewhere, u wont be able to play

Because the japanese names are horrible. I am not new to the game, but they are indeed horrible in japanese.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TravisProduckshins said:
liqidale said:
rolleyes.gif

Good point there, but for me mainly when it says "(insert trainer name) is switching out to (insert pokemon name). would you like to switch?"
we wouldn't know who they are sending out

Good point!

Makoto03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish more translations on GBAtemp would translate key characters or story logs, if they are available in the game. For most games i couldn't care less what people are talking about, but i do want to know where to go next.

Also, are you going to release the patchs as you finish them (like if you finish localized before katakana, will you release it first) or will you wait till both are completed to post both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk