Not open for further replies.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Well if you form a team for those 2 games I hope you translate them before they are released official. And If you can work good as team you could continue making more games and getting more people in it...

For me it looks like the beginning of something good (if it works)

killeryunran said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
I still don't get why people make translations of games that are due to come out in their own country within months. If you really want to play the Japanese games, then learn Japanese.

It's really simple. I mean, if your parent's promised you a new game console. But they add that they are going to give the same console
to your nephew first because his birthday is coming up. Your nephew will get a game console months and months before you.
Your nephew lives across the street....so you could also go to him and play the game console with him.

If you had such a opportunity. Would you just wait a few months, or would you rather go to your nephew and play on the console with him. Or would you rather, instead of waiting for your parents to buy you the console, use your time to save your own money to buy the console?
It's as easy as that. I mean, why would you wait for months for a game when it's just "across the street". Or "use your own money". When other people give it to you for free.

And that is why translations are made. So that people don't have to wait.

P.S. For everybody who doesn't think that well. Or has problems understanding me. I really don't get it if people didn't understand me, but:
across the street refers to a translation that is going to be made.
And use your own money refers to 'learn Japanese'.

Why I get an Eminem 8 Mile Reference out of this post...?
And you should concider something else.
Learning Japanese = 1-3+ Years (I have the 4th -lowest- degree of Japanese for 2 years now trying to improve all the time and I still can't play 100% japanese games)
Waiting for game nowdays (for most of them) = 6 months - 1 year

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Good luck on the patch, guys. I can't wait to use it
tongue.gif

Also, great idea to retain the Katakana. the english names didn't belong in Platinum... untill it was released here, of course.

It'll be good to stay "Low-key", I agree.

I look forward to playing soon
happy.gif

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, you do realise that they won't translate the game fully. They will only do Menu/Items/Pokemon names/Attacks and those little stuffs. Most of that can be copy pasted from D/P/P, so it won't take long.

Pokemon names and attacks are some of the things that could be taken from D/P (seeing as there is no new attack or pokemons) and they could take the majority of the items (like the balls, potions and stuffs).

If you guys want the game in full english, give it up, it won't happen. You will have to wait for Nintendo to release it in Spring 2010.

Beside, for the story, most of the people know it pretty well, seeing it's a remake of G/S that most people played 10 years ago.

SCVgeo

Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
Well if you form a team for those 2 games I hope you translate them before they are released official. And If you can work good as team you could continue making more games and getting more people in it...

For me it looks like the beginning of something good (if it works)
They are using thenewpoketext. It makes it so that almost anyone can "translate" a game. They won't have such software for other games. So don't count on there being other projects.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good to see someone being proactive with this game, I'll play it as early as I can, heh. But since you explicitly asked for no help, I will assume your team has everything under control.

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to shed my form of logic on this, do katakana names, if you want them in english nickname em, every person here should be able to recognize the pokemon especially if you played platinum or the originals. just my opinion

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People are more familiar with localised names, so it's only logic they are used. Beside, you won't learn Japanese with names, as pokemon names aren't translations, the english version just got new names made for english.

SCVgeo

Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to add, I know of at least 5 teams (counting this one) who are using thenewpoketext to translate HG/SS. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SCVgeo said:
Just wanted to add, I know of at least 5 teams (counting this one) who are using thenewpoketext to translate HG/SS. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
It's going to be massive lol if it turns out thenewpoketext doesn't work with these games and LoadingNOW writes more software

i used to talk to LoadingNOW on AIM like a million years ago; pretty cool guy, eh writes really neato hacking programs for pokemon games and doesn't afraid of anything

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
thats wat i think
its pretty pointless to include the Katakana names of each pokemon

It breaks the legitimacy of your save file if you have the English names, which is why I'm keeping the katakana names.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
woow!
thank ya Raqib12 for translating this when it's out!
biggrin.gif

bulbapedias countdown says ~ 6 more days until release so I think we can expect the games in three or four days! yay!
biggrin.gif

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good luck XD
tongue.gif

I can read a little Japanese but English would be better so thanks
smile.gif

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thenewpoketext is so easy to use that anyone will be able to translate the game if he knows japanese.i am a total noob in text editing but even i was able to modify the text in platinum using thenewpoketext.

and even if thenewpoketext doesn't work with the new game,it'll be no problem.as it is open source,you just have to modify the source code a little to make it work with the new games.

so if you know japanese and c++ you'll be able to translate the story yourself.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SCVgeo said:

Yea, thenewpoketext makes it really really easy. I did a practice translation about a week ago with platinum and it took me a few hours to do a complete menu translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...