Gaming Pokémon Global Link note says almost 6,000 people have been banned online for having altered save da

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
How is this different from what they did in Gen 6? It's NEVER the pokemon since they don't let bad hacks online anyway ("There is problem with one or more of your pokemon!"). These blacks (I won't even call them bans, because they aren't. You can start a new save and reverse it) are only caused by blatant cheats discovered through GameSync like 999999BP, 999 of every item, 999999 eggs hatched, carrying unreleased mega stones etc... Very blatant cheats. It's not going to effect you AT ALL if you just gen legal pokemon and make then shiny and BR. That's not how it works.

Damn, Verlisify might be safe then... lmao

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has this been confirmed to only affect people that use game sync?

Yes, if you never setup Game Sync, you are safe. However, you can't do Global Missions, Competitions, and Ratings Battles without Game Sync and a Global Link. If you sign up for Game Sync, that's it, you are at risk, since this generation makes it that once you have a GS ID, the game tries to sync every time you connect to Festival Plaza.

How is this different from what they did in Gen 6? It's NEVER the pokemon since they don't let bad hacks online anyway ("There is problem with one or more of your pokemon!"). These blacks (I won't even call them bans, because they aren't. You can start a new save and reverse it) are only caused by blatant cheats discovered through GameSync like 999999BP, 999 of every item, 999999 eggs hatched, carrying unreleased mega stones etc... Very blatant cheats. It's not going to effect you AT ALL if you just gen legal pokemon and make then shiny and BR. That's not how it works.

The difference is that Game Syncing is automatic, every time you connect to Festival Plaza. Other than that, what you're saying, I agree, and expect that to be true. So on the genning side, no problem, indiscreet, non-subtle item editing and straight up illegal pokemon left in the save, yeah, red flags that could be picked up.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just unwarranted fear mongering as far as I'm concerned. We all knew what would get you booted from GameSync last Gen, it's the same thing now. By "edited" save they don't mean pokemon necessarily, they mean impossible occurrences in your save file like the examples I just named. Don't be one of those over zealous cheaters and use EVERY cheat you can for items and stuff, and you'll be fine. Shit, I have all 802 pokemon in the National Dex and I haven't been banned from GameSync. We all know Marshadow should NOT be in my Pokedex.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if you never setup Game Sync, you are safe. However, you can't do Global Missions, Competitions, and Ratings Battles without Game Sync and a Global Link. If you sign up for Game Sync, that's it, you are at risk, since this generation makes it that once you have a GS ID, the game tries to sync every time you connect to Festival Plaza.

The difference is that Game Syncing is automatic, every time you connect to Festival Plaza. Other than that, what you're saying, I agree, and expect that to be true. So on the genning side, no problem, indiscreet, non-subtle item editing and straight up illegal pokemon left in the save, yeah, red flags that could be picked up.
It is, but like I said if you aren't crazy about it, it's fine. I'm 99% sure it doesn't care about illegal pokemon in your boxes unless it's retroactive. I used gamesync not 20 minutes ago with a botched Fearow that knows Psychic (for testing purposes). I can still go on battle spot just fine as of writing this.

Not to mention I have like 12 Gen 1 Mew that all went through PokeBank (6 are shiny) and none of that triggered anything either.

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: RustInPeace

LowTides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's worth noting (now sure if already noted) that the PKHeX function that gives all items also gives unobtainable mega stones, this would most likely flag something? no?

Reactions: RustInPeace

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it reminds me of Gen 6 cases as well, I read that a guy in gamefaqs had his game banned (Pokemon OR iirc) because he hexed his save to give himself x999 pokemiles or something like that, surprisingly, he didn't attempted to get hacked Pokemon, just all items in a row like that, and guess what happened? the outcome was obvious, a ban of course.

Heck, some weeks ago I actually cloned several Tapus and UB's to trade away in GTS (for other Pokemon I could change and experiment, they came from legit pk7 files) and nothing happened, still going online strong as ever, the issue is with things that shouldn't be there since they can't be in there, like Pokemon with impossible moves or, infinite items, as I mentioned before

It's worth noting (now sure if already noted) that the PKHeX function that gives all items also gives unobtainable mega stones, this would most likely flag something? no?

Yep, an unobtainable mega stone is an obvious flag, just as it is to have impossible moves in your pokes and maybe Marshadow on your Battle Team

Last edited by Demifiend,

LowTides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay well I have rougly 7 boxes of hacked pokemon, all 900x medicine, I also removed all 900x of my normal items and just added some repels and mushrooms (lol), just finished destroying some noob and everything seems fine. Again, not sure if mentioned, they can't make legal genned pokemon bannable (even if there was a way that they hid) without accidently banning a shit ton of innocent players who recieved them through wonder trade.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay well I have rougly 7 boxes of hacked pokemon, all 900x medicine, I also removed all 900x of my normal items and just added some repels and mushrooms (lol), just finished destroying some noob and everything seems fine. Again, not sure if mentioned, they can't make legal genned pokemon bannable (even if there was a way that they hid) without accidently banning a shit ton of innocent players who recieved them through wonder trade.
Not only that but it's only stuff they really care about anyway like BP, Egg hatches, etc. You CAN have x999 pokeballs and it won't matter. Think "game breaking" cheats and there you go.

Ooka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your OT/TID matches the OT/TID of a genned Pokemon it's kind of a "caught red handed" situation, if there's a way to know it's genned of course. I'm personally going to be genning all of mine with a different OT/TID for that reason.

LowTides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your OT/TID matches the OT/TID of a genned Pokemon it's kind of a "caught red handed" situation, if there's a way to know it's genned of course. I'm personally going to be genning all of mine with a different OT/TID for that reason.
Don't bother, GF wouldn't ban people by OT because otherwise you could just use this as a way to ban people you don't like. (On second thought... a way to get rid of verlisify... hmm)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless someones discovers a way to change/delete your GameSync ID in game. Then it wouldn't ping the server anyway. It's like that on my Pokemon Moon. I was using region emulation for JPN when I used GameSync the first time to get the ID, now it forever doesn't match my actual region and wouldn't let me link it on PGL no matter how many times or regions I tried. So now, when it tries to GameSync it automatically fails.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know it would let you remove them. Would that throw off the server or would it just re-link it? Since it's tied to your save, which in turn is tied to your GS ID.
Here's the warning it gives before you finalize the confirmation.
Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 6.26.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 6.27.03 PM.png

Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated