Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone send me download link for a free version prior to v1.4.6 ?

???

v1.4.6 is a CaVE version number, so that's what you are talking about. CaVE IS free. So that makes no sense.
And if you want a version of CaVE before v1.4.6 for some reason, that makes no sense either. I make CaVE to be backwards compatible. Rarely, if ever, is there a valid reason to use a older version. If v1.4.6 doesn't work correctly for you, neither should an older version.

CaVE v1.4.6 is available on the website. Checked the link. It works. That's all you need.

Reactions: BigOnYa

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hello DarkAkuma I would like to thank you first for all your tireless work and ask you for a hint on a release window for the 1.5 here because the one I got from your site before you take it to the discord never opened in my Laptop it always crashed after the loading message so I dont know if is an issue of this early version or if its something to do with Windows

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello DarkAkuma I would like to thank you first for all your tireless work and ask you for a hint on a release window for the 1.5 here because the one I got from your site before you take it to the discord never opened in my Laptop it always crashed after the loading message so I dont know if is an issue of this early version or if its something to do with Windows

I have no clue, honestly. Rapidly getting through development of v1.5 in order to replace v1.4.6 with it, is no longer my goal as it once was. There is little motivation for me to take things any more than casually towards that end. To me, most users spoke loud and clear... with their silence. Beyond that, it's just not as nessacery as some might think on the surface to keep the Release build up with the NSO updates. NSO updates only add their own stock games. And those stock games CAN be played still even if they are not included in the custom CaVE database. Just hold L while booting the NSO app to open it without the CaVE database. The app will run like it would if the CaVE database was not installed, meaning it will load the stock database list complete with the latest games.

As for the issue... that could be anything. I have certainly fixed crash issues like that since earlier builds of the Beta.

Reactions: jelbo

War Destroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honest feedback.

I miss when the latest update to the NSO databases came with a companion update of the Cave software. Having the full official info pages added whenever a game is added really adds to the spice of this software. Having to put your own manual info updates bc the software is no longer updated is a downgrade from the experience that once was. Sucks when an app was better in the past than it is now. To be fair, you can still manually add mostly any game through the app; but a lesser experience is a lesser experience. I've read the whys but im just giving the feedback from this side. Thanks for everything.

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honest feedback.

I miss when the latest update to the NSO databases came with a companion update of the Cave software. Having the full official info pages added whenever a game is added really adds to the spice of this software. Having to put your own manual info updates bc the software is no longer updated is a downgrade from the experience that once was. Sucks when an app was better in the past than it is now. To be fair, you can still manually add mostly any game through the app; but a lesser experience is a lesser experience. I've read the whys but im just giving the feedback from this side. Thanks for everything.
The app is constantly updated. It’s being tested only by a few people cause others tend to download the beta and not provide any feedback. V1.5 could have released long ago if more help was available

Raize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been quite a while since I checked in on CAVE so I'm a bit out of the loop but I'd just like to give a big thanks to DarkAkuma. I've gotten probably hundreds of hours of enjoyment from your work and still regularly boot up a SNES, GBA, or N64 game. It is a shame that newer versions aren't being publicly released but I respect your choice.

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honest feedback.

The app is constantly updated. It’s being tested only by a few people cause others tend to download the beta and not provide any feedback. V1.5 could have released long ago if more help was available

THIS!

Yes. I am sorry that I am no longer updating the Release build. Fact is, to keep it up-to-date would not simply be providing new update jsons. It would require me to make code changes on 2 branches of the app. Feedback and appreciation can feel low enough at times to demotivate me for maintaining 1 app... But 2? To keep my sanity, I had to stop support of the older one.

The intention WAS for v1.5 to directly replace v1.4 for everyone when v1.4 was discontinued... But that's not how things worked out as ROG pointed out. To further elaborate... I was not getting the feedback required to get it stable as fast as I needed for it to truly become the main build. So I had make a dynamic decision and pull the Beta back.

I didn't even then expect the semi-private beta to last this long either. But as my focus is now on the people that show their support for the project the most, I'm just not inclined to push it to Release any sooner than when I feel its ready. I have no plans to add anything more until v1.5 goes to Release, but I have no ETA on it either.

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Just release it when you consider its ready some people just complaint without even knowing coding its time consuming and they don't even give thanks to the developer of a homebrew/app that helps them to have more options for gaming in their consoles

DarkFallz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, i have been using the app and it's been working great so far, the only issue that im having is that everytime i enter the NSO-GBA, all the roms that i've added appear as "new" and i have to browse through them so that the cover art show up.

Is this the default behaviour?

Thank you

Last edited by DarkFallz,

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i have been using the app and it's been working great so far, the only issue that im having is that everytime i enter the NSO-GBA, all the roms that i've added appear as "new" and i have to browse through them so that the cover art show up.

Is this the default behaviour?

Thank you
Delete save data. It’s the problem, I know it’s a pain but that’s the only way I know to fix that issue.

Reactions: DarkFallz

Oo_RAB_oO

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Temporary solution until you’re able to use cave to add your games

For you impatient people lol JK, if you want to play a different GB title simple rename the .gb game name to C-3381_e.gb, add it to the C-3381_e folder attached below, then add the title id folder to atmosphere contents folder. It will replace the games and watch title. ENJOY, dark is hard at working updating CaVE

View attachment 352402
Temporary solution until you’re able to use cave to add your games

For you impatient people lol JK, if you want to play a different GB title simple rename the .gb game name to C-3381_e.gb, add it to the C-3381_e folder attached below, then add the title id folder to atmosphere contents folder. It will replace the games and watch title. ENJOY, dark is hard at working updating CaVE

View attachment 352402
You can change the entire database by selecting ..\sdcard\atmosphere\contents\010012F017576000 in CaVE and modify what games you want to load in "Game Boy Advance - NSO"

Cecil_FF4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having issues with running "Tactics Ogre" in the GBA. It was always one of my fav games. A number of other games I put in have worked fine. Clicking on the game causes it to make the noise like it launched, but it stays on the title select screen.

Cave 1.4.6.3
GBA update 1.5.0 (but also tested on 1.4.0, with no luck)

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I was curious if anyone has tried various different Zelda rom hacks or randomizer roms using this tool in the NSO n64 online and if they are compatible or not. I love playing these on my switch but I feel like other methods struggle where as the NSO versions of games seem to run fine. Was thinking about trying to import these into NSO but was curious if it would even work or not.

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I was curious if anyone has tried various different Zelda rom hacks or randomizer roms using this tool in the NSO n64 online and if they are compatible or not. I love playing these on my switch but I feel like other methods struggle where as the NSO versions of games seem to run fine. Was thinking about trying to import these into NSO but was curious if it would even work or not.
Don’t know about N64, but Parallel Worlds runs perfectly on the SNES App

fabiobad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Regarding GBA games, is it possible to convert .sav and .sgm to the "cartridge.sram" of the Switch emulator (that I suppose it should be the save states) and viceversa?

kamesennin23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having issues with running "Tactics Ogre" in the GBA. It was always one of my fav games. A number of other games I put in have worked fine. Clicking on the game causes it to make the noise like it launched, but it stays on the title select screen.

Cave 1.4.6.3
GBA update 1.5.0 (but also tested on 1.4.0, with no luck)
Try with a new rom. Tactics Ogre GBA works on mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright