Gaming Pokémon Global Link note says almost 6,000 people have been banned online for having altered save da

Guipradi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
People has done fuck up.

http://serebii.net/news/2017/26-January-2017.shtml

The Pokémon Company has just announced that almost 6,000 people, specifically 5,954, have been banned from online activity for having altered save data. This ban prevents them from using Game Sync, entering in Rating Battles and Battle Competitions, and participating in Global Missions. When they try, they will get an error message with the error code 090-0212. They promise to continue pursuing people with edited & illegal save data and will enact similar restrictions without notice. We'll bring all further developments about this as it comes

Official report in Japanese

Seems like bans are issued based on Trainer info modification, Item modification and overworld modification, not Pokemon Modification, hacked pokemon owned or Hacked Pokemon traded (If the pokemon are read by the server,are hacked, and are captured by you then there's a fair chance that you get banned). Still not sure if battling with hacked Pokemon can issue a ban.

Bans seem to be Global Link bans and not Friend Code bans.

Last edited by Guipradi,

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Ugh, rough but fair I guess.
The only thing I'm worried about is if an injected save from the early leaked version will be treated in the same manner.. I haven't "cheated" by importing pokemon or items but I did play the game before it was released before transferring the save file to a legit cartridge.
Curious to see how this turns out..

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
I only used the NTR cheat for Sun, I hope that doesn't count. Besides I haven't linked the game to the online stuff, so I should be good. Don't even use those online stuff anyway

Reactions: Guipradi

Eurasiam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what this refers to. All i did was edit 6 pokemon's IVs and EVs. And i got a few items...but thats pretty much it

Reactions: Natural

Guipradi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, rough but fair I guess.
The only thing I'm worried about is if an injected save from the early leaked version will be treated in the same manner.. I haven't "cheated" by importing pokemon or items but I did play the game before it was released before transferring the save file to a legit cartridge.
Curious to see how this turns out..
You should be safe then, It's about abnormal data like >255 of an item or Pokemon with weird abilities and moves with legality check run over or even non-alola-Pokedex pokemon used or got before Pokebank

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I traded about 3 boxes full of solgaleo, lunala and tapu clones. Probably banned but whatever, I haven't played SM in weeks, didn't even finish the game. If I ever need a pokemon I'll just inject it lol

Guipradi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I traded about 3 boxes full of solgaleo, lunala and tapu clones. Probably banned but whatever, I haven't played SM in weeks, didn't even finish the game. If I ever need a pokemon I'll just inject it lol
It'd be interesting to see if you are banned

Last edited by Guipradi,

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ehhh, the criteria is still the same probably (going to Battle Spot Rated with mons that are illegal in BS's way of being illegal), as is the method for self-unbanning.

Guipradi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ehhh, the criteria is still the same probably (going to Battle Spot Rated with mons that are illegal in BS's way of being illegal), as is the method for self-unbanning.
But these seem to be Global Link bans, I could be wrong, though. Could be friend-code bans (Seems more plausible)

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country

I did something similar, I traded away many Solgaleos, Lunalas, Tapus, etc. on GTS and nothing happened to me, it seems that as long as your Poke is accepted and it goes away, the most likely bet is that you're safe

ontopic: Not like I could use Global Link anyway, whenever I tried to access the site the thing just reset'ed on me and I wasn't able to use it, not only with me but this is happening with several users of the website, even for those who don't even know how to hack a Pokemon game, so I kinda gave up at using GL at this point, best thing to do is to ask someone to battle with you or just do a free battle on battle spot, seems like a better choice to do in the long run anyways

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Goes to show, do not cheat in games.
"Anyone who has a [sufficiently] modified Pokémon, even if they never use it online, deserves to be banned for ever."

Okay then.

But these seem to be Global Link bans, I could be wrong, though. Could be friend-code bans (Seems more plausible)
I believe a Global Link ban is more likely, given that it's been said to specifically impact "Game Sync, entering in Rating Battles and Battle Competitions, and participating in Global Missions", but Free Battles have not been mentioned.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"Anyone who has a [sufficiently] modified Pokémon, even if they never use it online, deserves to be banned for ever."

Okay then.

You can't justify cheating.
Modifying data from pokemon goes against their TOS.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, it's 090-0212 "The service has been discontinued" one and ORAS had 090-0211 "The service has been discontinued" one. Having two different error codes for two different gens is fair enough IMO. Anyway, there's one person I know that is using this method to unban herself rn. We'll see how it turns out.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can't justify cheating.
I believe people have the right to use their games in whatever way they wish, as long as it doesn't affect other people. If it doesn't affect other people, then I don't consider it to be cheating (I don't care if you or Game Freak do).

Modifying data from pokemon goes against their TOS.
Plenty of things go against plenty of TOS (modifying consoles, anyone?), but, to me, that doesn't justify (morally speaking) banning them. That being said, I have no intention of getting into a 'morality of genning and banning' argument.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I believe people have the right to use their games in whatever way they wish, as long as it doesn't affect other people. If it doesn't affect other people, then I don't consider it to be cheating (I don't care if you or Game Freak do).

Plenty of things go against plenty of TOS (modifying consoles, anyone?), but, to me, that doesn't justify (morally speaking) banning them. That being said, I have no intention of getting into a 'morality of genning and banning' argument.

but its not a matter of morals.
its a matter of : you can go online if you abide by the TOS.
if you don't, you dont

Reactions: Zidapi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over