PlayStation Plus 12-month sub price to increase by 33%

02lbhbJ8JoH0MK5iCUYBHOj-6.v16067.jpg

Sony have announced that their 12-month subscription plans for all PlayStation Plus tiers - Essential, Extra and Premium, are getting price increases of around 33%, more details below.
  • PlayStation Plus Essential (12 month) will be increased to $79.99 USD , €71,99 EUR, £59.99 GBP up from $59.99, €59.99, £49.99​
  • PlayStation Plus Extra (12 month) will be increased to $134.99 USD, €125,99 EUR, £99.99 GBP up from $99.99, €99.99, £83.99​
  • PlayStation Plus Premium (12 month) will be increased to $159.99 USD, €151,99 EUR, £119.99 GBP up from $119.99, €119.99, £99.99​
They have yet to justify the price increases with any extra perks or changes to the included benefits.

The price increase comes into effect from September 6th 2023.

We also wanted to let you know that starting September 6 we will be increasing the price for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscriptions globally across all benefit plans. This price adjustment will enable us to continue bringing high-quality games and value-added benefits to your PlayStation Plus subscription service.

Here are the new prices for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscription plans.

PlayStation Plus Essential 12-Month Subscription
79.99 USD | 71,99 Euro | 59.99 GBP | 6,800 Yen

PlayStation Plus Extra 12-Month Subscription
134.99 USD | 125,99 Euro | 99.99 GBP | 11,700 Yen

PlayStation Plus Premium 12-Month Subscription
159.99 USD | 151,99 Euro | 119.99 GBP | 13,900 Yen

The new prices for the 12-Month subscription will remain at a discounted rate when compared to purchasing the 1-Month or 3-Month subscriptions over a 12-month period.

For current 12-month subscribers, this price increase will not take effect until your next renewal date that occurs on or after November 6. However, any membership changes you make on or after September 6, such as upgrades, downgrades or buying additional time, will update your plan reflecting the new prices.

You can change or cancel your subscription at any time, details here.

We’ll notify current subscribers of these changes via email and will have additional details on our website soon.

This news comes shortly after the announcement of massive strides in the PS5 homebrew community with LibHijacker now able to run 60fps patches, mods, programs and more, as well as the first ever "Hello World" homebrew app on PS5.

:arrow: Source

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
They have yet to justify the price increases with any extra perks or changes to the included benefits.

Surprised they didn't just blame inflation like last year:

The global economic environment is a challenge that many of you around the world are no doubt experiencing. We’re seeing high global inflation rates, as well as adverse currency trends, impacting consumers and creating pressure on many industries.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...c-environment-including-high-inflation-rates/

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We have a digital console and rely on the ps plus extra for alot of my son's games so I'm kind of tied in, however have just bought about 4 years worth of membership at discounted prices via cheap ps plus gift cards so the hike won't hit me for sometime

Last edited by yusuo,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You "I cancelled!!!" people are full of it. Just like all of the comments on articles about Netflix and other services raising their prices. A million and one "Cancelled!!!!" comments when you know they're full of it.

I do agree the price hike is a bunch of crap when zero additional content is being added, but at the max amount it's $3.33 cents more a month. $1.67 at the lowest. I mean, certainly that's going to completely destroy your bank accounts. Not to mention sales and lower prices that can be found from 3rd party sellers.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
don't know what sony is thinking lately first they make a shitty streaming controller that no one wants and now they want to charge you more to use it!
Jim ryan thats why ! this man ffd sony this generation like he did back with xbox when he worked for microsoft

idk how this man can still work in the industry he is so out of touch

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe Sony should focus on the quality of their latest products before raising prices. the ps5 is no where near the ps4 as far as quality goes and there is not even a big enough ps5 library to start raising prices. they will push people to other consoles. even though they are all raising rates above what i believe to be fair market value sony is behind the curve in what u can actually do once uve paid into their crapshoot

Karoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yeah I have Premium right now, but I hardly use the functions (except online play and cloud saving), so because of this I changed it to Plus. Which I should have done sooner but I thought the price was okay and handy to have, now I think it's too expensive. I know I think weird.

CrAzYLiFe

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You "I cancelled!!!" people are full of it. Just like all of the comments on articles about Netflix and other services raising their prices. A million and one "Cancelled!!!!" comments when you know they're full of it.

I do agree the price hike is a bunch of crap when zero additional content is being added, but at the max amount it's $3.33 cents more a month. $1.67 at the lowest. I mean, certainly that's going to completely destroy your bank accounts. Not to mention sales and lower prices that can be found from 3rd party sellers.
Yeah mate I'm soo full of it:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230831_214943_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20230831_214943_PS App.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 44

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope "japs" wasn't meant the way that comment reads. If so, that's poor form from a moderator.
I don't think it was meant in a derogatory way, but I do think of the offense of the word jap, when I read it. the Japanese have an equivalent for foreigners, which carries the same derogatory connotation. it's gaijin (slang for foreigner) instead of the full gaikokujin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol