PlayStation 5’s UI revealed in official video

Capture.PNG
Just a month away from launching, PlayStation finally revealed to us a first look at the PS5 user experience in a new video uploaded to the official PlayStation YouTube channel.

The video highlights features like the new control center; activities that are displayed via on-screen cards; picture-in-picture mode; how joining (or declining) parties will look like going forward; a PlayStation Store that is integrated in the console as opposed to a standalone application; and more.

Watch the full video below and then let us know in the comments what features you're most excited (or weary) about.

:arrow: Source

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The interface looks really nice, but I think the implementation of these guides and activities would be way too much hassle from the developer side. Do you really think devs would take screenshots, write about, and record gameplay for every single collectible, and export their level select to these cards just for one platform?
quite sure thats all optional.

Reactions: smileyhead

Crazystato

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So...

...just take the PS4 menu, make the default color BG color black, add in some tweaks here and there, and call it a morning?

Looks about right to me.

IDK, I just have to ask, if some of the stuff like Quick Resume and being able to track one's progress towards achievements/trophies/ that and/or in‐game objectives are all that they're selling on top of the next generation of systems, I sure hope that Sony starts improving the PlayStation Now service.

As much as I don't like the concept of streaming a game as opposed to having some form of ownership over it, after having a pleasant experience while playing some fighting games (which can't have lag in any form) via Parsec, I think Sony would be stupid to not try to at least make the PS4 forward compatible by introducing PS5 streaming to one's PS4. Outside of whatever nonsense they want to cram into the DualSense that only first-party games will use, what's to stop one from playing, say, the PS5 version of the next COD on their PS4 via PSNow?

But, I'm not Sony. It's like one generation they have it together, then the next, they seem to struggle with PR.
If it ain't broke dont fix it... at least sony doesn't ram advertising down our throats like a certain other competitor.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the interface is better and less confusing than the Xbox, but I don't know... I don't think any interface will go head to head with the XMB for me.

Zangetsu276

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The 'Hint' system will finally put an end to my suffering as I won't have to plan myself ahead when a game releases to avoid spoilers. Last few years have been a pain, if you have a question about the game you're playing like "how to get a certain item or skill", first thing that shows up when you put that question on Google will be a youtube thumbnail with an explicit image and title that says "final boss secret ending 4K 60FPS side character dies". And, if your Google search doesn't spoil you, well Google took notes about the game you're searching for and chances are that an article or video spoiling the game to you will be in your recommendations.

Had to play Persona 5 Royal and FFVII Remake without opening any kind of social media, youtube, and doing google searchs in anonymous mode to avoid recommendations. It was a pain that was worth it, but I wish I didn't had to do all those things.

With this system though, there's hints first so that it doesn't give everything to you right away, and if you've been running in circles for hour with no results, well, there's a video.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 'Hint' system will finally put an end to my suffering as I won't have to plan myself ahead when a game releases to avoid spoilers. Last few years have been a pain, if you have a question about the game you're playing like "how to get a certain item or skill", first thing that shows up when you put that question on Google will be a youtube thumbnail with an explicit image and title that says "final boss secret ending 4K 60FPS side character dies". And, if your Google search doesn't spoil you, well Google took notes about the game you're searching for and chances are that an article or video spoiling the game to you will be in your recommendations.

Had to play Persona 5 Royal and FFVII Remake without opening any kind of social media, youtube, and doing google searchs in anonymous mode to avoid recommendations. It was a pain that was worth it, but I wish I didn't had to do all those things.

With this system though, there's hints first so that it doesn't give everything to you right away, and if you've been running in circles for hour with no results, well, there's a video.

You could just, like...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally like the switch's ui (though a lot more could be added to it). I think it's called Ozone. I have the same ui for retraroch on the nes, snes, genesis, and psx minis/classic). it's much easier to find things than that mess sony calls system settings.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It honestly doesn't look any too different than the interface of PS4.

same lead engineer. a lot of the inner files are probably named the same thing too. I noticed when going through the inner files of the psx classic that a lot of files and folder names were similar to the ps4's. not sure if cerny had anything to do with the psx classic, but he did vita, ps4, ps5. the keys will be different obviously, possibly even more added security, which is kinda pointless. we let the system do the work on the ps4 because of an exploit, so add away sony.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 11 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Look almost similar to PS4 UI designs, but little different changed.

I not sure if PS5 support DVD disc for movies. I don't want Sony to kill DVD support off.

Sony email me yesterday:

Important Changes to PlayStation Store
Our brand-new PlayStation™Store launches on web and mobile from 21 – 26 October 2020, and we are making some changes to the content you can access on PS Store via your desktop and mobile devices.

What is changing? The following changes will come into effect online from 21 – 26 October, and on mobile on 28 October:

• You will no longer be able to buy:
o PlayStation®3 games and add-ons
o PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) games and add-ons
o PlayStation®Vita games and add-ons
o Apps
o Themes
o Avatars

• The Wishlist feature will be discontinued and any items currently on “Your Wishlist” will be removed.

What does this mean for you?

The content listed above will no longer be available to buy on PS Store when accessed via a desktop or mobile device. However, you will still be able to buy PS3™, PSP or PS Vita content by accessing PS Store directly from your PS3, PSP or PS Vita. PlayStation®4 apps, themes and avatars can also be downloaded via PS Store on your PS4™ console.

What about the content you already own?

You will still be able to access all your previously purchased PS3, PSP or PS Vita content as before. Your existing PS4 apps, themes and avatars will remain on your PS4 console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1