PlayStation 5 "Slim" teardown shows off size comparison to the original console

The upcoming PlayStation 5 revision is due out this month, and while it isn't officially called the PlayStation 5 "slim" like previous PlayStation iterations have, it does indeed boast a smaller, slimmer form factor. Tech influencer Dave2D was provided with an early unit, to showcase just how different the new PlayStation 5 is from the original. In the video, the console is taken apart, to display not only the appearance of the system, but also the internals, such as the new removable disc drive, different vents, and changes to the motherboard. Sony's new PlayStation 5 will be out before the end of the month, with a retail price of $499.99.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that electronic hardware always have some degree of failure over time, but a 3rd time was too much for me. You ain't gonna convince me even if I have to fork over 3x as much for the competitor
I actually gave points on how it improved over heating with different models and how both are pretty well balanced when it comes to being "better."

Reactions: ZeroT21

Valiran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sony has decided to port their PlayStation exclusives to PC and that's a customer-friendly decision which I fully appreciate, but now there's hardly any point to buying one.

Because, even if games are available on PC, it doesn't mean the PC you have is able to run the games like on a PS5.
A PS5 capable PC need a solid 1000€ for the tower, and then you need a screen, keyboard, mouse and gamepad.
For a PS5, you already have a TV at home, and everything else needed to play is inside the box, and it's plug and play.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because, even if games are available on PC, it doesn't mean the PC you have is able to run the games like on a PS5.
A PS5 capable PC need a solid 1000€ for the tower, and then you need a screen, keyboard, mouse and gamepad.
For a PS5, you already have a TV at home, and everything else needed to play is inside the box, and it's plug and play.
The tower you might be right, but there's no need to replace a perfectly functional keyboard, mouse, controller, or monitor as it is.

Valiran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The need to upgrade a gaming pc isn't all that hard and doesn't need to be all that often if you went for decent specs
We compare PS5 with PC so we need a PC with same output than a PS5, and sustained for all the lifetime of the PS5, around 6 years :)

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We compare PS5 with PC so we need a PC with same output than a PS5, and sustained for all the lifetime of the PS5, around 6 years :)
Just build your gaming rig with a workstation cpu and gpu is you think the PS5 is too much of a potato

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMHO, it really doesn't look as bad as Dave2D suggests. Also, my guess on power consumption is that it has some kind of power regulating chip - perhaps in the power supply itself. He didn't open up the individual components, so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo