Hacking Playstation 4 firmware 4.06 out now. Patches hack found in 4.01!

atomsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I mean since 4.06 patched the exploit developers have no choice, but to release it. I mean even if piracy isn't instant at least we can do other cool stuff. Besides there is a team working on backups currently. BTW who would want too download games over 40gb! Sounds like a pain in the ass to me...

They actually don't have to release it. They don't owe that to anyone. More than likely they could have made a deal with Sony to not release it in exchange for compensation. What is the community going to give them? Nothing but grief just like what happened when they were following the rules of the GeekPwn competition to disclose the vulnerability to the company. I'm sure Team Molecule thought that their exploit for the Vita wouldn't lead to piracy either but look what happened there.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They actually don't have to release it. They don't owe that to anyone. More than likely they could have made a deal with Sony to not release it in exchange for compensation. What is the community going to give them? Nothing but grief just like what happened when they were following the rules of the GeekPwn competition to disclose the vulnerability to the company. I'm sure Team Molecule thought that their exploit for the Vita wouldn't lead to piracy either but look what happened there.

Do you have any idea who these people are? Do some more research about them before saying dumb stuff like that. Also if these guys came up to Sony then it would be a GeoHot situation all over again. These guys are literally dedicated to giving the community hacks.

Last edited by Zero72463,

dubyadud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering if its worth leaving the ps4 collecting dust for years until this hack allows piracy
Yeah, ps4 scene seems pretty slow (obviously it is understandable).

Does this mean there's a chance the 4.01 exploit is still in 4.05?
Hopefully, but these conservative devs wont alert the community of which 4.0.x versions their exploit works on. It sounds to me like those guys will not be the ones releasing it since they shared the exploit to sony.

From what I'm getting out of this, might as well update if you are comfortable with purchasing a new console later or have a fallback. It will likely be a long time (or never happen) before something is released to the public on FW 4.0.x. I think ill sit this out for a bit, see if there is some change to PSproxy that can bypass this, if not ill join the poor lads on the latest and "greatest" FW :(

Last edited by dubyadud,

atomsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have any idea who these people are? Do some more research about them before saying dumb stuff like that. Also if these guys came up to Sony then it would be a GeoHot situation all over again. These guys are literally dedicated to giving the community hacks.

Team Molecule may be dedicated to giving to the community but Chaitin Tech isn't. They are a security company. As stated by their company page. "The Company is currently mainly engaged in highly customized security services and security products, aiming at providing enterprises with effective custom security solutions through developing new technologies and methods, so as to thoroughly improve enterprises’ security defense capability"

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, ps4 scene seems pretty slow (obviously it is understandable).

Hopefully, but these conservative devs wont alert the community of which 4.0.x versions their exploit works on. It sounds to me like those guys will not be the ones releasing it since they shared the exploit to sony.

From what I'm getting out of this, might as well update if you are comfortable with purchasing a new console later or have a fallback. It will likely be a long time (or never happen) before something is released to the public on FW 4.0.x. I think ill sit this out for a bit, see if there is some change to PSproxy that can bypass this, if not ill join the poor lads on the latest and "greatest" FW :(
I don't get why they're pointlessly stalling it.
They said it's been patched, so no harm done in releasing it now.
At the very least confirm if the exploit is present on 4.05 for f*ck sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't get why they're pointlessly stalling it.
They said it's been patched, so no harm done in releasing it now.
At the very least confirm if the exploit is present on 4.05 for f*ck sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than likely they are probably working on disclosing other vulnerabilities to other companies because you know..... THEY DO THIS FOR THEIR JOB!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The wording does imply that the exploits still worked in 4.05, which would be nice.

Time will tell. My machine is staying on 4.01 for now, but we can upgrade to 4.05 at any point in time using USB anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Your eyes need to rest.