PlayStation 5 homebrew LibHijacker can now run 60fps patches, mods, and load programs

Untitled.png

The PlayStation 5 homebrew scene is going strong, with developers actively working towards cracking the system wide open. LibHijacker (a temporary name for the time being), developed by Astrelsky, is a tool that can, as of its latest release, run homebrew applications on PlayStation 5 consoles. According to another scene dev named Zecoxao, LibHijacker is at the point where it can boot homebrew in the form of ELF files, and potentially even PS5 games. The caveat is that while it can run something, LibHijacker will then hang at the PS5 splash screen. Currently, the involved developers are working on creating a homebrew application that they can further test functionality with. While this may not mean much for the end user right now, this is a major milestone for the PS5 homebrew scene.

:arrow: Source: LibHijacker GitHub (Astrelsky)

In addition to that, a fork of LibHijacker has been made by illusion0001, which can be used to run 60fps patches for games that normally are locked to 30fps. It's a fairly intensive process, as you need a specific firmware of PlayStation 5 to use an exploit on, and you'll also need to own the supported games to take advantage of the 60fps mod, as there's no way to load backups, yet. This variant of LibHijacker supports 14 different games, and can even allow access to debug menus.

Supported PS4 titles:
  • Batman: Arkham Knight v1.15: 60 FPS
  • Bloodborne v1.09: 60 FPS by Lance McDonald
    • Also includes:
      • No Motion Blur
      • No Chromatic Aberration
      • Debug Camera by Lance McDonald
  • Crash Team Racing v1.21: 60 FPS
  • Driveclub v1.28: 60 FPS
  • Gravity Rush 2 v1.11: 60 FPS
  • The Order 1886: v1.02: 60 FPS
  • The Last Guardian v1.03: 4K at 60FPS
  • The Last of Us Remastered 60 FPS + Debug Menu (v1.11)
  • The Last of Us Part 2 60 FPS + Debug Menu (v1.00 + v1.09)
  • Just Cause 4 v1.32: 60 FPS
  • Shadow of the Colossus: 1440p at 60FPS + Debug Menu
  • Silent Hills: P.T at 60FPS
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 v1.29: 60FPS
Supported PS5 titles:
  • Demon Souls v1.00: 60 FPS Unlock in Cinematic Mode
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection v1.00: Debug Menu

:arrow: Source: LibHijacker GitHub (illusion0001 fork) + 60fps mods

If you're interested in following the development of either of these two homebrews, or are interested in loading exploits and mods on your PlayStation 5, you can head on over to GBAtemp's PS5 Exploit Guide, which features a detailed and up-to-date breakdown on all things PS5 scene development.

:arrow: PS5 Exploit Guide

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't try the fork, but I was able to compile the base libhijacker by using some files Illusion gave me, considering I don't own an exploitable ps5. you have to create multiple files from the system to .so. those are created with a cmake script someone, possibly illusion himself, created. then, you can build libhijacker. I should try the fork, since I think I still have the .so files. .so files are kinda the equivalent of the dll file in windows (i.e. plugins).

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: HellGhast

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I assumed they meant currently at retail.

With the turnover of PS5’s in general you will never get a hackable at retail anymore: there is no old stock floating about sadly :(

Yes you're correct coz I also think the dude was asking about current retail stocks, I just decided to give them an alternative to get a low firmware Ps5.

SolidSonicTH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A PS5 capable of running homebrew would be the proper justification for me to invest in a digital version of the console and leave my disc system unmodified.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are old PS5s everywhere in used shops in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if many are on exploitable firmware. I personally can't be bothered to find out, because it would really piss off the misses... and I just fully updated mine because I dumped a ton of money into the PSVR2. Only because someone is working on PC drivers. Put it on my wishlist in steam, for when it gets released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto