PlayStation 4 OFW 9.00 Jailbreak released, can reportedly affect PS5 consoles as well

ps4-slim-and-pro-image-block-01-en-23jul20.png

There's a new PlayStation 4 exploit in town--PS4 scene developers have released pOOBs4, a new kernel exploit that affects consoles on firmware 9.0.0. According to the pOOBs4 GitHub page, this exploit functions a little differently from previous PS4 jailbreak methods; you'll need a dedicated USB drive with the jailbreak software, which you'll insert into the system at a specific time during the process. The hack can also work on the PlayStation 5, claims the team, but triggering it isn't possible yet, and they recommend that users don't try to mess with their PS5 consoles until more information is available on how it affects that system. Currently, any PS4 that is on OFW 9.0.0 or below is exploitable using this method.

In this project you will find an implementation that tries to make use of a filesystem bug for the Playstation 4 on firmware 9.00. The bug was found while diffing the 9.00 and 9.03 kernels. It will require a drive with a modified exfat filesystem. Successfully triggering it will allow you to run arbitrary code as kernel, to allow jailbreaking and kernel-level modifications to the system. will launch the usual payload launcher (on port 9020).

The instructions and jailbreak file itself can be downloaded from the source below. Useful homebrew tools Mira and GoldHEN have also been updated to work with this new version.

• You need to insert the USB when the alert pops up, then let it sit there for a bit until the ps4 storage notifications shows up.
  • Unplug the USB before a (re)boot cycle or you'll risk corrupting the kernel heap at boot.
  • The browser might tempt you into closing the page prematurely, don't.
  • The loading circle might freeze while the webkit exploit is triggering, this means nothing.
  • This bug works on certain PS5 firmwares, however there's no known strategy for exploiting it at the moment. Using this bug against the PS5 blind wouldn't be advised.

:arrow: Source

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a PS4 Pro just because of this 9.00 jailbreak. I am quite happy with it and was quite surprised of its power.
Good choice. I did the same because who knows what's the next OFW to be HEN-capable.

While the Pro model is the ideal choice, the Slim is great too. One we have makes no noise which I love.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had it say sucess without even giving you the usb prompt or insert the USB and then the system glitches out and shut down

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a webtre app installed on the ps4 5.05 that i bought off someone and now 9.0 is out, i put it on my ps4 pro.

is there a pkg for the webtre so i can click and boot it from menu rather than rely on host sites that dont always work, may cause system lock and reboot or keep saying trainer attached and code enabled/disabled.

id like to think problem be solved if it was an apk to launch then boot game, currently cant only get codes to work off my mobile.

ihave had 0 luck getting the web version of the hot plugin and trainer website to connect to my p4 ip and boot game, then go to cheats and that game to enable, it never attaches, mayne doing it wrong when it asks for local or an ip, but on the host cheat section, i see no attach.

my mobile, i boot the host webtre then boot my app on mobile, enter ip, click attach to game and it does it, then it loads my game cheats and turn them on/off.

this i cant get to work using their website or the host

is there a way to manually host your own codes or poke them, as some codes for one version will work for another, but you cant enable 2 trainers at the same time, if you could manually make your own and add, is this possible.

example RE2 1.01, codes from 1.01 and 1.04 work for 1.01, but i cant add codes from any above 1.01 and enable them, i can only do one version at a time.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get the ps4 trainer to work on the ps4 web browser itself.

I boot the webtr plugin from the website as there isn't a pkg yet for 9.0 (as far as I know).

So I enable that, then I enter ps4 ip address, boot game, locate the game and enable cheats but in the web host trainers i don't see an attach button, ive cached the host and trainer page.

Ive also tried it on their website, hit attach but nothing happens.

The only way I can get it to attach is to use the ps4 app from the app store for my mobile.

Are there any tools to create your own cheat file and attach to your console and apply them as I find codes for games v.10 may also work if you are say on v 1.01.

But with the app, you can only use one trainer at a time.

If you could view the codes across the different versions that work, put them into a txt file or cht what ever, like you could on the ps3 and turn them on.

Also came across a tool that can aparently find your own cheat codes, not downloaded or installed as I am not sure if this app is legit or fake.

Are there such tools released publicly?

If so, thats great as I want to take a break from making switch cheat codes and start looking at ps3/ps4 and even codes for my ps2 games I convert to ps4.

As the method i found online to dump your ps2 games and rebuild iso with cheat disc then convert to ps4 pkg, the only cheat disc that lets you add codes is codebreaker and only works for ntsc, where as all my games are retail PAL and the pal cheat is xploder lite which is a demo and you cant add your own cheats.

I know I could just find and download ntsc versions of my games and do it that way, but I don't want to pirate, I only want to dump the games I physically own.

I can easily dump them and convert to play normally on the console, but im looking for an option to cheat, either an alternative way yo have a cheat disc added into the pkg or a program to attach to console from laptop and ill find them myself.

Any tips or ideas would be helpful as I only started looking into the ps4 scene the other week.

Had purchased a fat 5.05 ps4 already modded, never got round to touching it as I was then diagnosed with cancer and during the treatment I never touched it.

When I decided to nearly 2 year maybe 3 after buying it, I found it was faulty and paid to get it fixed, then sods law, 9.0 came out.

So I habe a fat on 5.05 and I put 9.0 on my pro.

So I am still learning what is what and each time I come to look, I find things have changed or there are better ways.

And kinda gutted as I paid 550 for the fat ps4 on 5.05 that ended up costing me more to fix.

Then came 9.0 I installed onto my pro.

Last edited by Spider_Man,

Outlawblaze718

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went from 7.55 to 9.00 last night and can say this exploit works almost every time. Takes less time then most of the other Ps4 exploits to perform and just..... works. The VR headset insisted it needed an update so did that as well, all working perfectly.
if u dont mind me asking how did u get it to work everytime i try it says no hdmi im on hen 900 but works on my other ps 4 {not jailbroken}

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over