Hacking Homebrew Homebrew app Playstation 4 Save Mounter 1.9 with 9.00 FW support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there, an update regarding this version:
After release I received reports that some saves, specially "sce_sdmemory" saves, weren't working. I tried to look into it but I'm extremely unfamiliar with the PS4 firmware, so I wasn't able to work out something.

Some people pointed me to a previous version that had a lot of fixes that asked me to integrate such features/fixes, unfortunately it would appear these are closed source and as such it's really difficult to see how some stuff is then done (in this specific case I won't waste my time using some .NET decompiler if people want dont want to share their sources). I was eventually pointed to a fix but by that time a newer closed source release came up.

Coming from the Switch modding scene, it's very depressing to see that a lot of homebrew, some even essential, is closed source, pretty much preventing anyone else from updating stuff until the owner wants to. No way for newcomers to see how stuff was done previously so they can maybe carry on stuff when the original retires or something. Why even release stuff then? In my case, I wanted to export hundreds of saves from various saves, and some might have noticed there's a limit of 16 save mounts, so I had to automate the process by modifying the source code. This would've been impossible unless I built some stupid macro solution for that user interface or see if these closed source people would like to give up the source (they're already keeping it from the public, so chances are probably low anyways).

Nevertheless, I noticed that recently there was such a closed-source release, Save Mounter v1.9.3 by ctn123, and because of the popularity of the post and the issues my Save Mounter had, I have to point you to it as mine has issues and this one is just the superior version anyways.

Link with the information of that Save Mounter:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/save-mounter-1-9-3-beta.605188/
https://github.com/ctn123/Binary-Releases/releases/tag/Save_Mounter_v1.9.3_beta

Old post if you want to check out the original release:

Hello,
this is an updated version of the Playstation 4 Save Mounter, with support for the 9.00 firmware, the latest jailbreak-able one.
After waiting so long for the 9.00 exploit to export some saves of my own, I grew impatient for an update of this project for the latest firmware, so I took matters in my own hands. You can thank my impatience for that.

Special thanks to @spool_ for helping me find some offsets as well as finding some files that were needed as reference.
And of course, the major credit goes to all of the developers of previous versions of this software.

ps4debug.bin ported by Karo bundled with this.
Instructions on how to use this + source code: https://github.com/AGraber/Playstation-4-Save-Mounter
Download in attachments, or alternatively in: https://github.com/AGraber/Playstation-4-Save-Mounter/releases/tag/1.9

Enjoy!

Last edited by Graber,

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi. Thanks. New to PS4 JB here. I'm a soft cheater at heart, so I think I will surely find some great interest in this app.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, is it possible to put a save on another account ?

if it's on exploitable firmware yes.

Backup the save from the original PS4 using Save Mounter
Make a save on the PS4 you want the save on by starting the game and playing until you can save
Mount that save with Save Mounter
Copy the save from the other PS4 and overwrite the one you just made on the one you want

Done

Don't forget to unmount always at the end or it will corrupt the save

And don't have the game running while you do all of this.

If you just mean the same PS4 another account it's same steps just log into one account backup the save log into the other account make a save and overwrite the save.

Last edited by Jayinem,

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just a pro tip when you guys are backing up saves through FTP don't copy the sce_sys folder only the .sav or sometimes it's .dat but only the save itself needs to be backed up and overwritten. If you copy back the sce_sys it will likely corrupt the save so just leave it as is.

Reactions: Leeful

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically with this tool you are now able to decrypt/export your FF7 Remake save file to use on the PC version. Can most likely can do it for other PC games

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Basically with this tool you are now able to decrypt/export your FF7 Remake save file to use on the PC version. Can most likely can do it for other PC games
Yeah, it might be different for each game. I don't know which is/will be the case with FF7 Remake, but for example, in Trails of Cold Steel 4, the format is slightly different, but seemingly trivial to convert (I'm writing a PS4 -> PC converter for ToCS4 and tentatively 3, this was the reason I wanted a Save Mounter update. I'm not planning on writer any other converters).

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, thank you for the update but its still crash when I click setup. I use karo218.

The only answer I have about that is that Save Mounter is one of the most difficult homebrew I've ever dealt with. I've had the same thing happen on 6.72 and 7.55 so it's nothing new.

You can try rebooting and doing the whole exploit again then running ps4debug and see if that happens.

But if that doesn't work as far as any other solution I think there's a temporary one. What I did when it was doing that on 7.55 was backup the app.db, restore database (all of your games will disappear) but then restore app.db and they will come back. Then you should be able to use save mounter, but in my case it was only 1 time then I had to repeat the process.

Last edited by Jayinem,
Reactions: Allexy77

atomizasser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi. Thanks for the update.
I'm on FW 9.0 and I'm trying to replace my GT Sport save data. I can mount local-data folder and replace it, but i can not mount sce_sdmemory. Every time that i try to mount proggram said "Mounting Failder"
I've also detected in other games with the same "sce_sdmemory" folder, like Steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr