Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you kidding me?

No, they can decide if YOUR files in the folder (that it's signed) are bootable by their system or not.

But they can't check the entire sd looking for suspicious files... And they can't ban your for that reason.

It's quite incredible to me how you can keep defending your stupid opinion without even considering whether your belief is true or not.
The law you are talking about does not exist. There is no legal concept of "your" files on an sd card. You are willingly inserting the card into a Nintendo device. That device can read your memory card as much as it wants.

Link to a law number or law text that supports your opinion or shut up.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi,

Ive modded a ton of v1/v2, but here i have an unit that does not want to glitch...
It goes white, then blue blinks for 2 minutes, then white again and then blue blinking again...

It never glitches, i've replaced the flex and the modchip... Not better...

Do you have any idea ?
Both are 2.73 firmware
Been like this in OLED with an 'unstable' Dat0 connection.

Even if its core try to check the socket pin solder under microscope.
Theres cases in the past that they misalign the socket pin.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You signed away those rights by accepting the End User License.
a.png

:rofl:

linkref

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Been like this in OLED with an 'unstable' Dat0 connection.

Even if its core try to check the socket pin solder under microscope.
Theres cases in the past that they misalign the socket pin.

I tried 3 core chips with same result. In fact it does glitch but it takes 2-3 minutes...
I could ran wires but on the core model, there is no indication for the points A B C D and 3v3...

https://ibb.co/dKt5j8M

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I tried 3 core chips with same result. In fact it does glitch but it takes 2-3 minutes...
I could ran wires but on the core model, there is no indication for the points A B C D and 3v3...

From your picture. From the left side of the cpu. From bottom to top,the 1st one is 3.3v, 2nd is d0 , 3rd is cmd , 4th is clk , 5th is rst.

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nintendo can do everything with its console, but it would be useless to read the contents of the microSD. for example, if I put a "service" microSD in a perfectly original switch like Nintendo, can it understand if I'm in full stock under hekate or am I using a switch without any modifications? furthermore I believe that for privacy reasons he cannot pry into my private data, he can at most check his system files inside the microsd. a biblical class action would break out.

Reactions: josete2k

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nintendo can do everything with its console, but it would be useless to read the contents of the microSD. for example, if I put a "service" microSD in a perfectly original switch like Nintendo, can it understand if I'm in full stock under hekate or am I using a switch without any modifications? furthermore I believe that for privacy reasons he cannot pry into my private data, he can at most check his system files inside the microsd. a biblical class action would break out.
That's it!

• Haha
Reactions: Takezo-San

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States

The c/dat0 point resistor is 240. Change it to 50 ohms and if it doesnt work change it to 100 ohms. This is the main reason of the problems with these chips on certain consoles.

Also if it doesnt work remove b point resistor and bridge the points

Attachments

• v1 v2.png
    v1 v2.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: Takezo-San

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
The c/dat0 point resistor is 240. Change it to 50 ohms and if it doesnt work change it to 100 ohms. This is the main reason of the problems with these chips on certain consoles.

Also if it doesnt work remove b point resistor and bridge the points
I had same hwfly type rp2040 modchip came in last week, it does everything except boots to OFW.
I tried 100ohm up to 400 ohm on dat0 same issue. Maybe the B/rst 47ohm was the real deal

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I had same hwfly type rp2040 modchip came in last week, it does everything except boots to OFW.
I tried 100ohm up to 400 ohm on dat0 same issue. Maybe the B/rst 47ohm was the real deal
I had a v2 and it was the first time after many modded consoles that it refused to boot on ofw with any combination i tried on all points (dat0, cmd and clk). What fixed the problem was using 50 ohms on dat0. On 100 ohms was same result. Don't remember the exact error code that i got.

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Has anyone done the RGB mod on Joy-Con controllers for the OLED Switch? If so, is there any documentation on how to use DIN/Data in connectors on the Joy-Con rails

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
That's it!
Yes and No.
If you don't do anything illegal then you will not get sued by Nintendo for just having something like Hekate on your SD card.
But I don't think you'll find any judge that will argue that Nintendo didn't have any right to check your SD card if you get sued by Nintendo for violating their intellectual property rights by playing pirated games.
Since Nintendo games can also be stored on the SD card, the SD Card is part of what Nintendo refers to as 'The System'.
The fact that Nintendo can prove that you installed pirated games and have software on your SD card that enables circumventing their security measures, completely outweighs the argument that Nintendo wasn't supposed to look on your SD card.
Nintendo ninjas lawyers will be running circles around your arguments.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Cert and tiks are stored in the mmc even if the game is installed in the sd.

To do that, the SD should be formatted in its own format, like PS4 external drives for example.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I hate to be a pain but I'd really like to fix my Switch Lite. Don't want to just make random new threads (there are enough of those) but since it appears that it's probably repairable, I'm totally fine paying a professional to have a look at it because my electronics skills are at their limit.
Just not sure if there's anyone here who does professional jobs. Only problem is I'd have to take the battery out if I ship it outside of New Zealand.
I can post a new thread to ask if necessary. Not really bothered by price at this point. Just want my saves back (and preferably a working, modded Switch Lite).

On-topic: I got one of those Picofly/hwfly kits from AliExpress for my V2. Gonna wait until I have another Switch again before installing it so I can transfer my stuff across, but it looks quite simple to install compared to RP2040 setups. Should I change capacitors as mentioned above before trying to install it, or just try it as-is first?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: