Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

AceCuba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
That doesnt make sense, unless it crashed in cfw sleep then auto reboot and when glicth doesnt work it goes to ofw.
You need to post video for better undestanding.
sometimes it does that while the screen is still active , lets say im in atmosphere runing a game , ramdomsly its shows the switch logo and start ofw
Post automatically merged:

That doesnt make sense, unless it crashed in cfw sleep then auto reboot and when glicth doesnt work it goes to ofw.
You need to post video for better undestan

its just crazy becouse can by days and dont do the issue , and the console boots fine to hekake and cfw

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
sometimes it does that while the screen is still active , lets say im in atmosphere runing a game , ramdomsly its shows the switch logo and start ofw

its just crazy becouse can by days and dont do the issue , and the console boots fine to hekake and cfw
Theres issue on your installation.

The standard watchdog on cpu is when the voltage out of range, or when the temperature out of allowed range, it will reboot the cpu. Maybe you forgot put the 3 layered cpu paste? or the RST line is unstable, if necessary use the insulated wire. Using enameled okay, but reduce the possibility for the wire to short with other connection, such as the GND from shield, etc. The common mistake is, the wire near the screw, so when screwed down, its short. Or the wire near something sharp, so the enamel will be taken off, and short with other.

Reactions: QuiTim

AceCuba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
a question here a bad soder o cool soder on one of the cpu caps in the flex , can couse this issue?? . if the issue dont happen again , can i leave the console like that ?? . any danger on living the console like this is the issue desapierd ?? . meaby residual flux on rst

another question when i was doing the install the pico some times trhow reset is not conected when traing to boot , i clean and it works . what can couse the rst is not conect ?

sorry for all the questions . all my other install where ok , this one is like strange

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
a question here a bad soder o cool soder on one of the cpu caps in the flex , can couse this issue?? . if the issue dont happen again , can i leave the console like that ?? . any danger on living the console like this is the issue desapierd ?? . meaby residual flux on rst

another question when i was doing the install the pico some times trhow reset is not conected when traing to boot , i clean and it works . what can couse the rst is not conect ?
Theres also possibility if the error happened really did correlate with temperature.
When you got reboot, check in hekate, what temperature it is.

Usually cpu will reboot if it got 90-100 degrees C.

AceCuba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Theres also possibility if the error happened really did correlate with temperature.
When you got reboot, check in hekate, what temperature it is.

Usually cpu will reboot if it got 90-100 degrees C.
temps are fine , using artic mx 4

temps are fine , using artic mx 4
i have play like 5h xenoblade 1 today everything ok

unchil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, I have been getting this error code on a new picofly install: =*** eMMC init failure

I have been reading 0.7V on dat0, but I reseated the adapter just in case and I still get the error. If I disconnect dat0 from the picofly i get =* D0 is not connected instead.

Is this a sign of a bad dat0 adapter/connection or could something else be causing the issue?

I have a similar problem, new pico install, and =*** flashes. I read 1.79v on dat0.
=* when d0 is disconnected.
v2.74
I am using v1 flex

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Uberfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The mysterious cmd break solved, picofly is not the culprit afterall. Its the installer again, misunderstood something. :D

First time i experience with FPC connector on some laptop motherboard, i break it. Since then, if its FPC connector i will use microscope, and open it using tool (never use hands nail) very very very slowly. That FPC connector is fragile.

When installing in oled, i don't place the display again and again, since fpc connector is fragile. Not just the display, almost any fpc in there, including the power on/off. To power on just use needle to short the pin.

There is two stage on the picofly, write payload to the emmc and glitch. Those long white is the first stage which is write payload to the emmc, its only done 'one time'. The next one you wont see any long white, means picofly already detected the payload in the emmc.

My current method is installing anything except the mosfet part. And turn it on, if its work, picofly should shows blue white, then throws glitch error. If the white doesn't show then my cmd/clk/dat0 installation still have problem. If its okay, then install the most dangerous part the mosfet.

In your case, since the first stage is passed, and glitch working. Then the problem is your connection is not stable. It could be dirty, flux residue, or cold joint, etc. I've once meet the same problem with yours on oled, check the dat0 adapter diode mode value, and its slightly decrease than the usual working one. Shift little bit, check the diode mode value okay, then resolder the lock. Its works. But it could be different in your cases.

Ouch that seems difficult. Even i have all the tool, but afraid to do it, since i don't have experience on it. Need a broken dummy board to experiment the method and the heat parameter which suited.

The glitch will worked even without the display.
Thanks for all this info. Yep! As is mostly true, fault lies between switch and chair :D It's just a case of trying to work out what I did badly. I'm still not 100% happy with the CPU flex nor the DAT0 adaptor, so these are the most likely. At this point I'm about ready to give up on the picofly and just buy a hwfly. My poor switch has been probed more than an alien abductee.

• Haha
Reactions: QuiTim

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
I know the issue with the connector. When I was trying to put the cable back, it's actually slightly offset so the cable is 1 pin lower than the connector. It caused it to arch up and at the peak it caught a couple of the high pins, pulling them down. Now when I insert it, the high pins go under the cable which is no good. I've ordered replacements, but I have no idea how I can replace it with only a propane heat gun. I need a fancy temp control heat gun and they're damn expensive :/

Use microscope and very thin What looks like a needle or a needle can enter the entrance to the screen, as tronicfix did in one of the videos. It was a meticulous work and the problem was solved completely successfully.

Last edited by Danook28,

Uberfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Use microscope and very thin What looks like a needle or a needle can enter the entrance to the screen, as tronicfix did in one of the videos. It was a meticulous work and the problem was solved completely successfully.

I have no idea how he did that. I guess that's the power of a microscope. I'm using x8 mag glasses and I have a similar pick but I can't even see the pin to move it. Getting light inside the port in the first place is almost impossible. I had to take the pictures I did by aligning the camera flash with the lens on one plane.

Reactions: Danook28

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
I have no idea how he did that. I guess that's the power of a microscope. I'm using x8 mag glasses and I have a similar pick but I can't even see the pin to move it. Getting light inside the port in the first place is almost impossible. I had to take the pictures I did by aligning the camera flash with the lens on one plane.
I use 50x to 1600x microscope and i see pins make motherbord head to head the conetor to microscope to see very good.

Last edited by Danook28,

LazarusGX4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...hi, i just tried to install picofly on a V1 Patched Erista and I was able to boot to Hekate, but when rebooting to OFW I get Black screen, I tried to remove the Pico and still black screen...

..Thinking I might have corrupted BOOT 0 so I tried to restore from Backup but still same result...also tried using donor NAND but still the same...

not sure if eMMC is physically damaged but Hekate can still access and benchmark it...

..is it possible to boot EMUNand even though eMMC might be faulty?

..I'm thinking of replacing the eMMC module alltogether if this will solve it...

..Thanks in advance :)

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
...hi, i just tried to install picofly on a V1 Patched Erista and I was able to boot to Hekate, but when rebooting to OFW I get Black screen, I tried to remove the Pico and still black screen...

..Thinking I might have corrupted BOOT 0 so I tried to restore from Backup but still same result...also tried using donor NAND but still the same...

not sure if eMMC is physically damaged but Hekate can still access and benchmark it...

..I'm thinking of replacing the eMMC module alltogether if this will solve it...

You must backup console after install picofly chip. And use this full nand backup. The black secreen meaning that wrong some where on motherbord or fulty fake sd or old Atmosphere files or cruppted sd files or short caps or sp1 sp2 or mmc. Read all point before and after install picofly that safe way. Disconnect battery and mmc chip before try install and soldering picofly point and sp1 sp2 Flex...

Reactions: LazarusGX4

frozenboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

I got this once, the problem is slow mode mmc, it show problem when benchmark, the speed is just 150mbps. After adding another resistor just as the guide, it work normally. Dont know if your case is the same, but you could give it a shot
But even if you remove picofly, it still the same, I guess soft brick might happen

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Before you doing further, try to change the 47ohms in CMD to 100ohms

LazarusGX4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi, thanks for the replies :)

it was booting ok (OFW) before installing the Pico...I used the 3v from the eMMC Module...

355202986_800439784916876_5535206513736905996_n.jpg

...the eMMC can still be accessed by Hekate and not in Slow Mode...

354058997_1312541186336200_3860330761026105631_n.jpg

...I might have to try going 100 ohms on the CMD as @abal1000x suggested.. though I'll have to find a 100 ohms resistor if I have one... will 47 + 47 ohm work?

Reactions: bilalhassan341

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
hi, thanks for the replies :)

it was booting ok (OFW) before installing the Pico...I used the 3v from the eMMC Module...

View attachment 378636

...the eMMC can still be accessed by Hekate and not in Slow Mode...

View attachment 378637

...I might have to try going 100 ohms on the CMD as @abal1000x suggested.. though I'll have to find a 100 ohms resistor if I have one... will 47 + 47 ohm work?

47+47 also okay.

Reactions: LazarusGX4

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
switch emmc init fails. I tried the nand on unpatched v1 but still fails. I think my nand is fried. Is this nand replacable with some mobile emmc so that one I can solder on emmc board?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: There is black rice flour, and its really black colored